Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > Elections, Politics, and Partisanship > Primary Election Results '10

Primary Election Results '10 Topics and information relating to the 2010 primary elections affecting SOS associates

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 06-09-2010, 08:52 PM
"SZinWestLA"

Default The day after ...

Having had a few hours now to assess the wreckage of yesterday's CA primaries (The Katrina equivalent being the lopsided victory of Meg "John McCain with Ovaries" Whitman), I take the most encouragement from the following:

Kathleen "Suzy" Evans (of Santa Clarita rally fame!) won her GOP primary race out in the Valley. Also, two stalwart defenders of Special Order 40, former City Atty. Rocky Delgadillo and Councilwoman Janice Hahn, took bad beatings at the ballot box. I'm particularly pleased about the Rockster b/c I think he's representative of just about everything wrong with Affirmative Action policies. He's a liar, a small-time crook, a mediocre lawyer (the City Council commonly had to contract w/ private law firms, during his tenure, to do research and analysis b/c the City Attorney's Office would often arrive at poor or inaccurate legal conclusions), and most significantly, someone who possesses an ego that his talent doesn't match. A couple years ago, figuring he was the new Latino Golden Boy of the Democratic Party, his closest advisers used to call themselves "Team 1600" which is a reference to 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue, where they thought he'd ultimately wind up.

Delgadillo finished 6 out of 7 primary candidates for the Democratic nomination for Atty. General of Calif.