Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > Associates in Action

Associates in Action SOS associates may propose events, activities and projects in the pursuit of our agenda.

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 06-12-2010, 10:39 PM
"SZinWestLA"

Default Phoenix "Buycott" Rally in Support of AZ and SB 1070

Greetings from the Copper State, fellow Save Our State members. I was one of hundreds who traveled to AZ to rally and spend my dough to counteract various boycotts aimed to pressure the locals to abandon their immigration law enforcement efforts.

I'll be spending an additional day here for the purpose of celebrating an anniversary with my wife and further injecting coin of the realm into the local economy. I'll be traipsing home on Monday and will probably get my video uploaded onto Youtube somewhere around the middle of this coming week (I shot a crapload today).

Here, in no particular order of importance, are some of my observations/impressions about the festivities held earlier today.

- Tom Tancredo is a good speaker to film. I'll be able to get good, quality sound-bite excerpts from many things he stated while addressing the crowd.

- The weather was surprisingly mild today. It was raining as I was driving into the city around 10:30 a.m. and there was even an issue during the rally with wind. Me and several other folks had to take down banners b/c of the strong gust that ran through downtown Phoenix during the latter half of this afternoon's event.

- I spoke to a lot of people while wandering around and shooting film and discovered that, insofar as disliking Barack Obama (in comparison to most of my fellow border security advocates) is concerned, I am a lightweight. I really thought I had a quality amount of disdain for our president, however, I'm really not even competitive in terms of harboring raw contempt when measured side-by-side with lots of folks who dislike the idea of amnesty every bit as much as I do. In fact, I think most of them have the same degree of disgust/repulsion for the former senator from Illinois, that I reserve for Bill and Hillary Clinton.

- If LAPD responded to goon incursions as quickly and in the same manner as the Phoenix cops, ANSWER LA and IDEPSCA folks wouldn't try half the crap we've seen them pull in public, over the years.

- Of the local officials who spoke, the only hard words they mouthed about the organizers of various boycotts of this state, were reserved for elected officials from L.A. Janice Hahn and Mayor Villaraigosa received the harshest criticism.

- A lot of people to whom I spoke are anxious for illegals to continue to vacate the state b/c they desperately need for local jobs to become available.
Old 06-12-2010, 11:07 PM

I will be looking forward to your film/report. I am sure it will be good.

No one has more comtempt for LA city government than I do. There are not even a half dozen worth any thing. Thumbs up to Greg Smith, Antonovich and Don Knabe.
Old 06-16-2010, 06:33 AM
"SZinWestLA"

VIDEO FROM THE EVENT:

The Rally - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBCpo-zQNT0

Goons vs. Supporters - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdPSnEDAOYk
Old 06-17-2010, 12:55 PM

Great videos DA, thanks for posting!

I take it, it wasn't as hot as at the last rally?
Old 06-18-2010, 11:57 AM

Awesome Video!

I love the "American citizen's" explanation of how Federal Law works! dah, dah, dah.