Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > General Discussion

General Discussion Topics of a general nature not relative to any other specific section here

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 12-30-2013, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rim05 View Post

I will say that this is not an illegal info forum any more. It is pure political now.
Nearly everything in life is a political exercise in one form or another. The perennial child pestering a parent with repeated "why"s when the instruction was "no" is a form of politics, as is a child being on good behavior just long enough to be rewarded in some fashion. So is punishment when the child won't behave.

Illegal immigration is awash in politics, from cajoling or forcing a politician to bend to your will - regardless of whatever side of several you're on, or forcing him out when he won't.

So, the solution to illegal migration is a political one...

Even though Obama has deported more illegals than any other President, he picks and chooses through executive policy as to which laws he will enforce (violating his oath to enforce the laws) and end running around Congress with executive orders, from illegal migration to lying about Benghazi to punishing dissenters with IRS audits and FBI investigations to further misusing the Justice department to his agendas to more back handed tricks to force his agenda past Congress and pack the judiciary with far lefties to much, much, more...

And, Obama has a vested interest in promoting citizenship for illegals and shoveling all sorts of freebies on them, because the political act of doing so will make them gullible tools who will commit the political act of blindly voting in favor of his larger political agenda...

...Which mainstream America hasn't just yet jumped in the bandwagon for - such as Obamacare.

So, for his many political sins against America, including but certainly not limited to illegal immigration, it is my personal opinion (and not that of Save our State, members, affiliates, or anyone one else other than I concerning this political statement) Obama would best serve America's common interests by having a majority within Congress of any party who would be willing to impeach and remove him. That may very well depend on the political act of voting out legislators who support Obama's political agenda concerning illegal entrants.

Then there may be hope of meaningfully addressing the political problem of illegal immigration, but not until then.

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.

Last edited by ilbegone; 12-30-2013 at 01:26 PM.
Old 12-31-2013, 04:14 AM

Default I agree.

Illegal immigration and politics are certainly closely intertwined.

It is said that "comprehensive immigration reform" is actually amnesty. To some extent I agree. However, I see it much more in depth. First, comprehensive is a non-descript word. Second - "reform" hasn't been defined clearly. Everyone has their own interpretation. In Nancy Pelosi's mind she aspires to STOP enforcing immigration laws. Her classic: You have to pass it to find out what's in it !!!!!!

We saw in the initial days of Obamas campaign he kept proposing "CHANGE" but he never spelled out the details. Six years later we now find out what his "CHANGE" is.

It is abundantly clear that the Federal Customs and Immigration laws are not all being enforced or even close to being. We see Mayors and Governors who make up their own stuff with complete impunity. Yet those dedicated sheriffs and LEO's who enforce said laws are sued by the Government and ruled against by liberal, progressive judges.

So "comprehensive immigration reform" is actually a farce, phony, disingenuous, fake. In reality it is relaxing and ignoring the existing laws and weakening the enforcement. Not exactly amnesty but a component of weakening enforcement in virtually all areas.

In the case of Democrats - more votes. In the case of Republicans - stealing Democrat's thunder and pandering to illegals for the same purpose plus cheap labor and a multitude of other so called "benefits".

__________________________________________________ ____________

NB: The statement that Obama has deported more illegals than anyone else is disputed by some who are knowledgeable. Typically the books are being "cooked" - i,e, phony numbers. For example including the illegal border jumpers who are turned back by the border patrol. They were never actually residents here and went back often the same day.

Note that "deportation" entails legal proceedings and an order from a judge for someone who actually took up residence here, lived in a house, or room, worked, had family and so on.

Last edited by wetibbe; 12-31-2013 at 04:18 AM.
Old 12-31-2013, 09:22 AM
SOS Associate

Quote:
Good questions. I will say that this is not an illegal info forum any more. It is pure political now.
That's a little off base Rim, don't you think?
Old 12-31-2013, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wetibbe View Post
Illegal immigration and politics are certainly closely intertwined.

It is said that "comprehensive immigration reform" is actually amnesty. To some extent I agree. However, I see it much more in depth. First, comprehensive is a non-descript word. Second - "reform" hasn't been defined clearly. Everyone has their own interpretation. In Nancy Pelosi's mind she aspires to STOP enforcing immigration laws. Her classic: You have to pass it to find out what's in it !!!!!!

We saw in the initial days of Obamas campaign he kept proposing "CHANGE" but he never spelled out the details. Six years later we now find out what his "CHANGE" is.

It is abundantly clear that the Federal Customs and Immigration laws are not all being enforced or even close to being. We see Mayors and Governors who make up their own stuff with complete impunity. Yet those dedicated sheriffs and LEO's who enforce said laws are sued by the Government and ruled against by liberal, progressive judges.

So "comprehensive immigration reform" is actually a farce, phony, disingenuous, fake. In reality it is relaxing and ignoring the existing laws and weakening the enforcement. Not exactly amnesty but a component of weakening enforcement in virtually all areas.

In the case of Democrats - more votes. In the case of Republicans - stealing Democrat's thunder and pandering to illegals for the same purpose plus cheap labor and a multitude of other so called "benefits".

__________________________________________________ ____________

NB: The statement that Obama has deported more illegals than anyone else is disputed by some who are knowledgeable. Typically the books are being "cooked" - i,e, phony numbers. For example including the illegal border jumpers who are turned back by the border patrol. They were never actually residents here and went back often the same day.

Note that "deportation" entails legal proceedings and an order from a judge for someone who actually took up residence here, lived in a house, or room, worked, had family and so on.
It's all spin anymore, the modern version of the used car salesman peddling a shined up old wreck with a reset odometer and sawdust packed into the rear differential to tamp down the noise of worn out gears and declaring it was driven by a little old lady from (a long gone world) Pasadena only on Sundays.

It's lying to get into your wallet, your shorts, or otherwise manipulate you into something you disagree with and is ultimately painful and make you thank them for it.

But the cooked numbers for deportation aren't helping him with his base that wants to see an amnesty. His prevarications, bungling, and presumption is starting to remind me of England's King James II, the monarch who definitely believed in the divine right of kings and pissed off everyone in the Kingdom, and eventually forced him to flee into exile disguised as a woman - to be replaced by a solicited foreigner from the Netherlands who became King William III of England.

Hay burros en el maiz

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

Last edited by ilbegone; 12-31-2013 at 06:58 PM.
Old 12-31-2013, 08:24 PM

First , I will say, I am glad your wife is ok.
No I so not think I am off base but maybe I don't understand just what you mean. Seems to me the conversations are all about Obama. Nothing more. Seems like every one forgot about illegal immigration, which was my concern even before Joe Turner's SOS.
All those miles I drove, all the hours I stood with the American flag, all the insults from the counter protesters. When we were protesting Semi Valley, gas was over $4 a gal. and Simi was a 150 mile round trip for me.
I don't think I am off base.
Old 01-01-2014, 07:15 AM

Quote:

First , I will say, I am glad your wife is ok.
No I so not think I am off base but maybe I don't understand just what you mean. Seems to me the conversations are all about Obama. Nothing more. Seems like every one forgot about illegal immigration, which was my concern even before Joe Turner's SOS.
All those miles I drove, all the hours I stood with the American flag, all the insults from the counter protesters. When we were protesting Semi Valley, gas was over $4 a gal. and Simi was a 150 mile round trip for me.
I don't think I am off base.
There will never be an acceptable solution to illegal immigration until Obama is gone. Veto power, abuse of executive order, spinning issues which happen to include immigration issues.

You can protest until you're blue in the face, but until Obama is gone and there are enough legislators and a president installed who will see that immigration law is actually enforced, it doesn't matter how much gas you put in your tank, the price of gas at the time, or how many miles you drive to protests - it's irrelevant until Obama is gone.

Obama wants the votes garnered off of new citizens from Latin America (citizenship obtained by any means necessary, fair or foul) to further agenda which is not entirely accepted by those who were born in and grew up in the United States. He will see to it, in spite of his presidential vow to enforce the laws of the land, that immigration law as intended and is currently on the books is obstructed.

It's that simple, and to think otherwise is to buy into a fool's game.

Hay burros en el maiz

Don't drink and post.

Last edited by ilbegone; 01-01-2014 at 07:54 AM.
Old 01-01-2014, 12:11 PM

Our original street protests were to bring the issue of illegal immigration to the minds and forefront of the American public. Before we protested and created a stir on the American landscape the only people being listened to were La Raza, MECHA, MALDEF etc. We, SOS in particular, brought the real agenda of the groups and politicians pushing for another amnesty into the living rooms of the Americans across the country and through our protests we showed the people that this was a problem for everyone and every state just how badly illegals had spread. We brought attention to the drug connections, employment loss and cost of education and much more. Now the country is awake on the issues and it is our politicians who must protest, stop pandering and grow a spine. We expect our immigration laws to be enforced and need people in political office that will do just that.
Rallies and conventions are valuable, but protests will not generate much (media) coverage these days. It is the political level that will do the most today.