Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > General Discussion

General Discussion Topics of a general nature not relative to any other specific section here

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 05-02-2011, 06:04 PM
"SZinWestLA"

I'm happy for you, Kathy. I know you've had it with this neck of the woods for some time. Please chime in from wherever your future leads you.
Old 05-02-2011, 06:16 PM
Rebel

http://www.conservativecrusader.com/...-departure-tax

You have to have a certain amount of wealth in the first place but be that as it may I do not see anything ever becoming of this proposal. Gee, Kathy you must be doing pretty good with your pet grooming if you are worried about this kind of stuff. Talking about the exit tax of course. I can find nowhere that this ever passed or even got on the ballot.
Old 05-08-2011, 12:35 PM

It hasn't passed. I want to get out before something this insane passes. I don't have a lot, but I CAN see California assessing an outrageous value on something that wouldn't have a lot of value absent a greedy and duplicitious government.

In other words, this state is out of its mind for money. They are as desperate for cash as the mugger in the alley needing his next fix.

I can just picture some vapid state worker saying my art work is worth 1.3 trillion dollars and sending me a tax bill. In which case I would consider everying "sold" to the state for the taxes and any excess can be used to satisfy the tax liabilities of my friends at SOS until it runs out.
Old 05-08-2011, 12:58 PM
SOS Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy63 View Post
In other words, this state is out of its mind for money. They are as desperate for cash as the mugger in the alley needing his next fix.
That's a good one

Quote:
any excess can be used to satisfy the tax liabilities of my friends at SOS until it runs out
Unless they kick the illegals out first, I'd rather die owing them a bundle
Old 05-08-2011, 02:54 PM

Kathy 63, It is good to know that you are an artist. I am one also, I work in the entertainment industry in LA.

I am 43 and way to young to retire. I have a wife and two small children.

Do what you need to do and take care of your self first. Where ever you move I know that you will spread the word. Others need to know what life is like here in California.

I moved to los Angels in 2005 from Chicago. I didn't have a clue about the invasion until I got to California. When we had the May day march of 500K Mexicans marching in the streets of LA in 2006 I woke up.

The economy in my area has been in the toilet since 2008, and I don't see it getting better. I have no doubt that most of us are going to be in a perpetual survival mode for decades, maybe forever. Unfortunatly for me I don't see a better income anywhere else. I mean at least there is some work for an artist in the LA entertainment economy, although the cost of housing dosn't justify the income most of us are earning. 2011 prices with 1999 incomes.

I won't complain though, My friends back in Chicago Illinois are not doing better. Thats why I won't go back.

I am seeing that I have no where else to go, so I am going to stay.

The Mexicans and the liberal elite want whites like you and I in California to leave, but I am stubborn enough and ornery enough to want to stay just to give them the finger.

kathy 63 What ever decision you make I know you will be fine. I have no doubt that where ever you land you will probably open a new Save our State chapter in that place.

If you are retiring, California is the last place to live. Florida, Texas, Arizona, Nevada,Most of the midwest like Oklahoma and Kansas are much better options.

Best of luck, I know that you will be fine!
Old 05-17-2011, 03:56 AM

"Move to Georgia!"
Old 05-17-2011, 08:17 AM

Default happy trials!

I wish I could go, too. I cannot believe all the crap you had to endure at your shop. Check out Texas - no state tax!