Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > Elections, Politics, and Partisanship

Elections, Politics, and Partisanship Topics relating to politics, elections, or party affiliations of interests to SOS associates

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 04-23-2010, 07:43 PM

Default Bill Hunt and Sheriff Joe in OC

http://www.ocregister.com/news/arpai...riff-hunt.html

Arpaio takes immigration victory slow
By TONY SAAVEDRA
THE ORANGE COUNTY REGISTER

http://www.ocregister.com/news/arpai...riff-hunt.html

RANGE – One might think Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio would be crowing Friday over Arizona enacting a state law ordering police to screen for illegal immigrants in the field.

After all Arpaio has been doing it for years - with or without official permission.
Article Tab : sheriff-john-candidate-am
"America's Toughest Sheriff" Joe Arpaio, right, of Arizona stumps for OC Sheriff candidate Bill Hunt, left, during a taping of the John and Ken Show at the Ayres Hotel in Orange on Friday.

But the self-proclaimed "America's toughest sheriff" was nonchalant about the whole thing during a live radio broadcast of the "John and Ken Show" at a hotel in Orange.

"It's a political deal," Arpaio shrugged, despite the dozens of adoring fans that clogged the conference room and flowed out into the courtyard.

Still, Arpaio said, it is a good time for him to consider running for governor in the Republican primary in August. He will come to a decision in a week, he said, as the crowd cheered and howled pro-Joe slogans.

Arpaio is in town to support Orange County sheriff's candidate and former lieutenant Bill Hunt, who worked the crowd enthusiastically. Hunt chided Sheriff Sandra Hutchens for not screening for illegal immigrants in the field; for releasing some non-violent misdemenants early and for her plan to rent 2,000 jail beds to the federal government.

"We're gonna book 'em. No more cite and release," Hunt said, adding that he also wants to charge inmates for health care.

Hunt has for weeks called Arpaio a mentor and as the days pass he sounds more and more like Sheriff Joe, like a candidate that will buck the system at risk of being called a loose canon.

"We need to start thinking outside the box and doing in Orange County what Sheriff Arpaio does," Hunt said. "When I'm sheriff, we'll screen everybody."

Arpaio cautioned that Arizona's law requires reasonable suspicion that someone is not legal before they can be screened.

"Ten guys in a trunk. I would think that's reasonable suspicion," Arpaio said. He proudly announced that his department just arrested 22 illegal immigrants at a fast-food restaurant. "I just opened 22 jobs for people here legally."

Arpaio said that if he runs for governor, he would be headed for a showdown with incumbent Jan Brewer, who today signed the illegal immigration law.
"That doesn't have me scared ," he said. " I have the pink underwear."

But the self-proclaimed "America's toughest sheriff" was nonchalant about the whole thing during a live radio broadcast of the "John and Ken Show" at a hotel in Orange.

"It's a political deal," Arpaio shrugged, despite the dozens of adoring fans that clogged the conference room and flowed out into the courtyard.

Still, Arpaio said, it is a good time for him to consider running for governor in the Republican primary in August. He will come to a decision in a week, he said, as the crowd cheered and howled pro-Joe slogans.

Arpaio is in town to support Orange County sheriff's candidate and former lieutenant Bill Hunt, who worked the crowd enthusiastically. Hunt chided Sheriff Sandra Hutchens for not screening for illegal immigrants in the field; for releasing some non-violent misdemenants early and for her plan to rent 2,000 jail beds to the federal government.

"We're gonna book 'em. No more cite and release," Hunt said, adding that he also wants to charge inmates for health care.

Hunt has for weeks called Arpaio a mentor and as the days pass he sounds more and more like Sheriff Joe, like a candidate that will buck the system at risk of being called a loose canon.

"We need to start thinking outside the box and doing in Orange County what Sheriff Arpaio does," Hunt said. "When I'm sheriff, we'll screen everybody."

Arpaio cautioned that Arizona's law requires reasonable suspicion that someone is not legal before they can be screened.

"Ten guys in a trunk. I would think that's reasonable suspicion," Arpaio said. He proudly announced that his department just arrested 22 illegal immigrants at a fast-food restaurant. "I just opened 22 jobs for people here legally."

Arpaio said that if he runs for governor, he would be headed for a showdown with incumbent Jan Brewer, who today signed the illegal immigration law.

Old 04-23-2010, 07:53 PM

Quote:
He's cool
Old 04-23-2010, 10:10 PM
As seen on TV!

"" He proudly announced that his department just arrested 22 illegal immigrants at a fast-food restaurant. "I just opened 22 jobs for people here legally."

...and He's doing more for job creation than O' what's His name...
Old 04-25-2010, 04:26 AM

Default Obama !

Hours prior to Governor Jan Brewer signing the bill Obama was speaking out strongly against it.

Subsequently Fox News had some Democrat pundits and immigration lawyers on speaking about how the new bill can lead to racial profiling, violate Constitutional rights and influence Latinos to stop cooperating with the police and reporting crimes. And that sending the National Guard to the border to perform police work has been illegal since the 1800's.

I always find it amusing that these same sanctimonious hypocrites are the first to flaunt and scoff at the existing immigration laws, juke, duck, dodge and game the system to their own liberal progressive agenda's benefit.
Old 04-25-2010, 02:54 PM
"SZinWestLA"

I was outside the event held in Costa Mesa yesterday, benefitting the election campaign of Bill Hunt. Arpaio was in attendance as were the unhappy goons. Here's some film footage:

My Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7eb5qNrHj9M

Goon Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejybCsE1NYA
Old 04-25-2010, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerailAmnesty.com View Post
I was outside the event held in Costa Mesa yesterday, benefitting the election campaign of Bill Hunt. Arpaio was in attendance as were the unhappy goons. Here's some film footage:

My Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7eb5qNrHj9M

Goon Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejybCsE1NYA
LMFAO!!! naui is such a fool!

Did you get to talk to joe?
Old 04-25-2010, 04:05 PM

DA, a few threads above I just told people to go to Derail Amnesty.com to see this video. I really don't know how you can stand to talk to some of those people and stay so calm and polite, must be the legal training.
Any way thanks for a fine job.
Old 04-25-2010, 07:06 PM
"SZinWestLA"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan Tomas View Post
LMFAO!!! naui is such a fool!

Did you get to talk to joe?

I didn't. When I shot some film of him, he was embroiled in another conversation. I spent very little time inside. I wanted goon footage.
Old 04-25-2010, 08:19 PM

I attended this event also, the ignorance of the white people there is amazing, DA you did a great job, again, people dont realize how you put yourself into harms way by those attempted interviews. The only true racists I saw were the Mexicans that found it impossable mostly to reply to your questions. The old pomey woman was..... so stupid..... to me people like here that are white are just embarrassing. Thanks for your hard work.
Old 04-27-2010, 05:32 AM
"SZinWestLA"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4shadows View Post
I attended this event also, the ignorance of the white people there is amazing, DA you did a great job, again, people dont realize how you put yourself into harms way by those attempted interviews. The only true racists I saw were the Mexicans that found it impossable mostly to reply to your questions. The old pomey woman was..... so stupid..... to me people like here that are white are just embarrassing. Thanks for your hard work.

Trust me, I wasn't being brave. I knew full well where the cops were in relation to me while I was speaking to each person; and you're right, it wasn't exactly the Mensa Society out there.