Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > Elections, Politics, and Partisanship

Elections, Politics, and Partisanship Topics relating to politics, elections, or party affiliations of interests to SOS associates

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 06-05-2011, 08:50 AM

Default LTC Allen West for POTUS 2012 ? No One Else Comes Close!

http://link.brightcove.com/services/...d=969407423001

Above is the link to LTC West's speech before The Heritage Foundation's membership just recently. The speech delivered without teleprompters was about addressing the 21st century battlefield. This is a forty five minute piece that is worthy of being seen by any common sense patriotic individual who has concerns about the direction our country has gone and where we are headed.

After you see this video of LTC West addressing many of our nation's problems
think of others you have heard speak barring none.

Can Herman Cain, Sarah Palin, Barrack Obama, Donald Trump, Mitt Romney,
Michelle Bachman, or anyone else you have heard come close to the razor sharp intellect that this man reveals in his address to the audience? If you have someone in mind please let me know. I am awed by this man's brilliance, patriotism, and ability to express his ideas.
Old 06-07-2011, 10:44 AM

Default Good talker

He's a good talker alright, with a sense of humor, but everything he said I already knew. Guess I've been around for too long a time.

The only area where I tended to hesitate about his thoughts was about Pakistan. I'm not ready to cast them aside. Whereas he apparently presumes the everyone Pakistani is rotten, they still are helping us out. We have access across Pakistan to Afghanistan. 34,000 Pakistanis have been killed *( according to media reports ) fighting the Taliban.

I do certainly agree about China.

He isn't running for President.
Old 06-07-2011, 11:05 AM

West is certainly a good speaker, and that's an important factor when running for office. It shouldn't be, but it is. He has quite an impressive resume also, as appose to some who've just showed up and strut around like a peacock like Obama. He will probably be someone we'll see in the future making his way up the political ladder, but the problem is we need someone like him today not tomorrow. At least we know he's out there.
Old 06-07-2011, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wetibbe View Post

The only area where I tended to hesitate about his thoughts was about Pakistan. I'm not ready to cast them aside. Whereas he apparently presumes the everyone Pakistani is rotten, they still are helping us out. We have access across Pakistan to Afghanistan. 34,000 Pakistanis have been killed *( according to media reports ) fighting the Taliban.

He's right about Pakistan. War between Pakistan and Afghanistan has nothing to do with combating Islam. There are other territorial and ethnic disputes. Most victims of Muslim aggression are other Muslims. Pakistan is like Kosovo in Serbia. It was something carved out of the heartland of a nation and a people to appease Muslims. And now Pakistan is the locus of terror launched against Indians, and increasingly, other countries that allow immigration from Pakistan. Our relationship with Pakistan is based on the horrible mistake of giving them nuclear weapons. We are bribing them in order to maintain some vestige of control over those weapons.

I like West, but he doesn't come off as very presidential. He needs to enrichen his public speaking style. I'd also like to hear more from him about other issues like the presence of illegal immigrants and what to do about that.

Last edited by Twoller; 06-07-2011 at 12:14 PM.
Old 06-07-2011, 08:01 PM

Twoller we all have our likes and dislikes so I am not surprised that someone might not find West presidential but the fact is that he isn't running for the position yet though I would love to see him do so.

If he were running for President then I think he would sound more presidential but unfortunately we may not get to see that.

I felt that his delivery was excellent, command of the subject and his ability to respond to questions were outstanding.

I don't think that Trump, Sarah Palin, Herman Cain, Obama or Mitt Romney can deliver this caliber of speech before voters. A notable exception might be Newt Gingrich but Newt is on the "comprehensive immigration reform" bus.

As I say, I am not looking for a black, white, yellow, or red president I am looking for a smart, patriotic American to right what is wrong in this nation.
Old 06-08-2011, 04:29 AM

Quote:
As I say, I am not looking for a black, white, yellow, or red president I am looking for a smart, patriotic American to right what is wrong in this nation.
I am glad to see that someone thinks the same way I do. Sadly, the future looks dim. Something like, All the Kings horses and all the Kings men cannot put the US together again.