Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > Save Our State Official Section > Upcoming Events

Upcoming Events Official Events Managed, Assisted, or Supported By Save Our State

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 08-03-2010, 09:54 PM
SOS Associate

Default Save Our State At National Night Out

This one snuck up on me, but since there's been no work for me I took the opportunity anyway. I received an RSS feed advising that there was to be numerous events for National Night Out, and since the one was just up the street from the old homestead, I decided to make that one. the parks district advertised there was going to be live doo-wop band, bounce houses, water slide and it was supposed to be an educational event to combat crime. Since we are interested in fighting crime in our neighborhoods, I dolled up the billboard and headed for the party.

We had lots of printed media laid out on the trailer bed, and plenty of crisp fliers for handing out

I wasn't treated too badly, and even got some good feedback. But then along came the spoilers. The parks district wench tried to sick two rented goons on me. The video should be up soon
Old 08-03-2010, 10:06 PM
Administrator

Here's one of the invitations we got through our RSS feed

Quote:
District Attorney Jan Scully announced today that representatives from the Sacramento County District
Attorney’s Office will join law enforcement agencies and community members in National Night Out
(NNO) activities throughout Sacramento County.
NNO is a once-a-year opportunity for communities across the nation to come together in recognition
and celebration of safe neighborhoods. NNO activities also serve to heighten awareness of crime and
drug prevention, generate community support and participation in local anti-crime efforts, and
strengthen community spirit and partnerships with area police.
Each neighborhood party will be diverse and family-friendly, with activities ranging from barbeques to
ice cream socials to arts and crafts to games. We encourage all Sacramento county residents and
members of the media to attend one or more neighborhood event and help send a unified message that
neighborhoods are working together to stop crime.
For more information about all Sacramento County National Night Out activities, please contact Shelly

Orio at
orios@sacda.org or 916.874.0083.
Click here to view photos from NNO 2009 neighborhood events.

And here's their on-line invitation:

Neighborhood
Night Out
Date: August 3, 2010
Time: 6:00 – 8:00p
On August 3, 2010 Southgate
Recreation & Park District will host
its annual Neighborhood Night
Out event at Rainbow Park. The
District’s event will represent just
one of the over 10,000 communities
across America participating in
National Neighborhood Night Out.
Held annually on the first Tuesday
in August, the national event
encourages neighbors to venture out
into their neighborhoods. Residents
will be given the opportunity to
interact and celebrate with neighbors
in an effort to heighten awareness of
crime and drug prevention, building
stronger partnerships between
the community and public safety
officials. Join us for an evening of
live music, entertainment, food and
beverages. Neighborhood Night Out
is a free event, so bring the whole
family and enjoy the festivities.
For more information, please call
(916) 422-7610, ext 14.

Last edited by admin; 08-03-2010 at 10:12 PM.
Old 08-03-2010, 10:20 PM
SOS Associate

OK, so here it is. Boy this is kind of ironic really, and it sure cast a shadow on the event, but I shook it off and made good as was intended

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=
Old 08-03-2010, 10:35 PM
SOS Associate

About a half hour later, about 6 sheriffs deputies showed up and using my binoculars I could seem them looking my way. Only one deputy came over, and more or less didn't have any problem with me attending a public event. I pretty much thought that anyway, but I am going to take this up with whomever is the saner people in the parks district

So the rest of the evening went pretty well. I passed out fliers to people on the street, as well as those in cars. Several people stopped and read the info on the trailer, and a few got into discussions with me. Many people took photos of the sign, and there was not the usual fascination with taking pictures of me. The band was pretty good! The closest thing to espanyol was a couple Carlos Santana tunes. I'll tell you one thing; There's a whole lot less spanish being heard there lately. There were up to four illegal vendors though. Not to worry...I know what to do
Old 08-03-2010, 10:50 PM

Fantastic job of interfacing with people that tried to intimidate you.
Its a good thing that you knew your rights.

So you were not allowed to set foot on the park per the "director" but illegals go there to entertain themselves all the time.

Lovely, just lovely.

Great video AG I really enjoyed it.
Old 08-04-2010, 07:06 AM

You do such great work! I'm sure you made more of an impact then you realize. Great Job!
Old 08-04-2010, 07:09 AM

Interesting. You are a taxpayer, to my understanding, you help fund that park as well as that Parks District workers job. What right do they have to keep you off that property? Seems to me that there may have been a civil rights violation there. Not to mention the threat made by land whales on your person should you enter the park that you helped pay for.
Old 08-04-2010, 07:58 AM
SOS Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim55 View Post
Interesting. You are a taxpayer, to my understanding, you help fund that park as well as that Parks District workers job. What right do they have to keep you off that property? Seems to me that there may have been a civil rights violation there. Not to mention the threat made by land whales on your person should you enter the park that you helped pay for.
I have stopped placing emphasis on being a taxpayer and having that be my justification for being able to enjoy my freedoms. I'm a US, California, and Sac County legal citizen. That's my ticket to freedom here. Base it on being a taxpayer and you are lumped in with all the foreigners and illegals. They pay taxes too they say.
Yeah, I'd say that goon issued a threat. I'll be visiting the park and rec district soon. This isn't going to be dismissed easily....not by us anyway
Old 08-04-2010, 09:23 AM

I don't know how you keep your cool and know your rights so well. I would say you won the battle in the park inspite of the park goons.
Congratulations!
Old 08-04-2010, 09:49 AM
SOS Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rim05 View Post
I don't know how you keep your cool and know your rights so well. I would say you won the battle in the park inspite of the park goons.
Congratulations!
Well, I think I did lose my cool a little. A cooler head might have let them implicate themselves a little more. Sometimes my charitable nature is prone to helping stop some ignoramus from costing my public services money we can't afford in spite of my own damages.