Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > Priority Topics Section > Immigration

Immigration Topics relating to the subject of US Immigration

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 04-25-2010, 08:53 AM

Default I need to post this.

It may be fraught with some hazard for reasons explained further along.

It's about civilian border watch volunteers.

Some time back, a few years, I was trying to promote the Minute Men. That was before the Chris Simcox fence fiasco and the money debacle. I was posting on a hunting site forum and soon ran into a lot of flack from some Arizona posters who didn't like Simcox or his Minute Men. The objectors were rather uncouth, ruffians using bad language and insults. It just wasn't worth the aggravation. I stopped promoting others.

The other hazard is the sensitivity of some websites to having contact information and websites posted on their sites. Some don't mind and some do mind a lot and prohibit it.

In an event we now have a renewed interest in border watchers aspiring to go to Arizona. Apparently MCDC changed management and evolved. New people came in. Last I heard Carmen Mercer was running things until she got a deluge of interest in coming to the border. Seems that she was running a restaurant and was busy 7 days so she bailed out. Simcox was apparently interested in rekindling the MCDC. I haven't heard the latest so if anyone can update it will be appreciated.

According to what I read there were hundreds of volunteers but Mercer apparently left them in the lurch. So, now that we have a new border initiative we need someone/something that can pick up the slack and begin processing these aspiring volunteers.

I'm mentioning Bill Davis, Cochise County Militia. You can check his contact information on the website.

http://www.cochisecountymilitia.org/

From what I gather he has been operating since 2001 and has never has an adverse border incident.

Arizona State Senator Al Marvin has proposed giving financial support to civilian volunteer border watchers. This may, or may not, come to fruition. Taking into account the present Arizona budget it may not fly !

Here is some information I have gleaned.

* CCM has a $50 initiation fee which includes a background check.

* If you want to carry fire arms CCM wants you to have an Arizona hunting license - non-resident small game $154. *( Rifles coyote caliber ! ).

* Arizona law permits purchasing and/ or carrying long rifles, shotguns and handguns without registration except that handguns do need a permit. I think another states carry permit may be recognized.

* Federal Law does not prohibit transporting personally owner guns across state lines for travellers in transit from one destination to another for those who own the guns.

* Research of the NRA-ILA state by state regs seems to say that gun owners can transport personally owned guns in the trunk of a vehicle, unloaded.

* Guns can be transported on airlines in checked baggage but not in carry on. The handguns need to be in a hard case lockable and the ammunition has to also be in a hard case lockable.

The present effort is in it's formative stages so we do not have all of the answers yet.

If anyone is interested please contact B ill Davis and/or pass the word around to other patriots.

Comments and advice/news is/are most welcome.

Now that we have the Jan Brewer initiative we need to seize the moment while we have momentum and make things happen.

Last edited by wetibbe; 04-25-2010 at 09:48 AM.
Old 04-25-2010, 09:03 AM
SOS Associate

You might want to think about a more suitable title so it describes the thread better.
I cannot for the life of me think of a reason why anyone here would object to publicizing a borderwatch group. Even if they were opposed, it at least gets the word around.
Old 04-25-2010, 09:37 AM

Default Thanks AG.

Much appreciated.

New Title: I'm working on it !

Do you have comments or questions on our organization? Would you like to become a member or sign up for an upcoming event? Please get in touch!

Just click this address to send us e-mail:

cochisectymilitia@yahoo.com

Or you can reach us at our mailing address:

COCHISE COUNTY MILITIA
POB 99
Tombstone, AZ

Or you can give us a call at 520-559-9822
or send a FAX: 520-843-2300

Last edited by wetibbe; 04-25-2010 at 09:44 AM.
Old 04-25-2010, 12:35 PM

Bill , the last I heard (And I have some really good sources) is that mcdc is dead and gone forever

but you never know

Mercer is out of it and so is Chris

But I do know the next generation of watchers will need to be armed
with ever legal weapon that is allowed. They also have to be prepared
to use them.
Old 04-25-2010, 08:03 PM

Something that sticks in my craw is these patriot groups that want a fee for you to put you butt on the line, background checks are good but as in the now long gone mcdc who checked them out? I lived on the border at Campo in the area called the shooting gallery and claimed no MM group, I thought of myself as belonging to them all. I recall the first time I met the mcdc guys, they over ran my area in numbers then they left in the early morning for their OP several miles away and that was that for their week-end on the job border watch. Now I am not complaining about what they did, just stating a fact. I declined to pay a fee then and I still hold that thought. When we lost Patriot Point that area of Campo, IMHO, we lost a crown jewel for border watching. I sold my motor home there to a guy who put up cameras and was working on a fence, I dont recall his name & havnt talked with him in over two years, I dont even know who is there other than borderwatch and gadget but I am still around doing things, but now I spend alot more time in the AZ/Texas area and of course in Mexico. Just my 2 cents but there ya go, I wish all Patriots good luck and Gods speed.
Old 04-26-2010, 05:36 AM

All you do is good, Shadows. I like to belong to a forum so I can hear what others are doing and their experiences. I need a stable place in life so your mobile life just would not work for me.
Good luck in everything you do.
Old 04-28-2010, 02:45 AM

Thank you Rim, I will continue to do all that I can until the day I cant.
Old 04-28-2010, 06:17 AM

Quote:
I will continue to do all that I can until the day I cant.
Sounds good to me. When you do all you can until you can't, it can't get any better than that.
Old 04-30-2010, 07:55 AM

SFC Edward Rasor, Fmr Green Beret Cochise County Militia.org

Th photo on cochisecountymilitia.org was stolen from me. I am the man in that photo. I own the copyright. I did not authorize this photo to be used. I don't live in AZ. I don't know anyone in AZ. I don't know anyone in any militia. I don't recall I have ever visited anyone in AZ. I adamantly repudiate Bill Davis, his dangerous aims, and any associate with such persons.

I DO NOT advocate current or former military, especially Special Forces, personnel having any armed involvement in domestic issues. Special Forces personnel abide and cherish the democratic process of a nation of laws and while any number of issues of the day may seem a valid place to "draw the line," Armed former Special Forces is a dangerous threat to civil stability, in all times, when aligned on what could be called "one side or another."

Bill Davis and his site have failed to respond to months of effort to cease and desist using my career and reputation for profit or hate. The FBI Phoenix has failed to act on my request to investigate this absurd identity theft. Register.com, the domain host, refuses to act.

Before you commend Bill Davis, know this, Bill Davis stolen my identity- Edward Rasor
Old 05-01-2010, 05:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
SFC Edward Rasor, Fmr Green Beret Cochise County Militia.org

Th photo on cochisecountymilitia.org was stolen from me. I am the man in that photo. I own the copyright. I did not authorize this photo to be used. I don't live in AZ. I don't know anyone in AZ. I don't know anyone in any militia. I don't recall I have ever visited anyone in AZ. I adamantly repudiate Bill Davis, his dangerous aims, and any associate with such persons.

I DO NOT advocate current or former military, especially Special Forces, personnel having any armed involvement in domestic issues. Special Forces personnel abide and cherish the democratic process of a nation of laws and while any number of issues of the day may seem a valid place to "draw the line," Armed former Special Forces is a dangerous threat to civil stability, in all times, when aligned on what could be called "one side or another."

Bill Davis and his site have failed to respond to months of effort to cease and desist using my career and reputation for profit or hate. The FBI Phoenix has failed to act on my request to investigate this absurd identity theft. Register.com, the domain host, refuses to act.

Before you commend Bill Davis, know this, Bill Davis stolen my identity- Edward Rasor
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >

The Cochise County Militia website no longer opens. However, there is a notice that it is coming soon to host Register.Com >

There seems to be a reorganization and shift in direction. See video.

http://current.com/news/92405323_bor...ry-company.htm

Also:

Armed militia organizing in Cochise County
Posted: Apr 21, 2010 11:40 PM EDT
Updated: Apr 30, 2010 12:44 PM EDT
Video Gallery
2:23
Featured Videos
Bill Davis wants to stop the influx of trafficking across the border with an organized militia.
The militia would operate in vast desert expanses like this in Cochise County.By Jim Becker bio | email

Bill Davis is calm and methodical as he describes his group's goals.

You could say he has a deadly earnestness.

"If we think they're carrying drugs, weapons, contraband, we'll get out in front of 'em and stop 'em," says Davis. "They won't get past us. You can write into that what you want, short of shooting them."

Davis is recruiting combat veterans, with kill records, to camp out and patrol along the border, and he isn't afraid to let the world know.

"I want the word to get out, and I'm sure it is, that the routine isn't going to be tolerated anymore," he adds.

Why kill records? Davis says he wants professionals-- "no wannabes, no Rambos."

"If it comes to when shots are fired in the general direction of these guys, they have my authorization to return fire, if they're in defense of their life or their buddy next to them, return fire, stop it as fast as it starts, and they're capable of it.

And as fast as it starts, believe me, they'll stop it," promises Davis.

"It's very dangerous, and it's very risky," says Tony Estrada, Sheriff of neighboring Santa Cruz County. "They don't know exactly what these cartels reaction is going to be if they get in the way."

Estrada worries members of the militia could get caught in a crossfire between law enforcement and traffickers. He also says smugglers could view militia as 'rip-off artists'.

"These individuals that are moving people or drugs through these remote areas of the border will stop at nothing," adds Estrada.

In any event, Davis says he has received 8,000 applications for the armed patrols from all over the US and Canada and could have several dozen militia members ready to act within a few hours notice.

"What we do is we act as a glorified neighborhood watch, and we're a deterrent," he says.

http://www.kold.com/Global/story.asp?S=12353515

Last edited by wetibbe; 05-01-2010 at 05:27 AM.