Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > Communities and Quality of Life > Crime and Punishment

Crime and Punishment Crimes affecting our state and communities. Manhunts, wanted posters, Arrests, and sentences.

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 11-12-2009, 12:56 PM

Default 111,000 Illegals Getting "3 Hots & a Cot"

From La Antonia Times:

Quote:
Click here to find out more!
D.C. Now
News from Washington, minute by minute

« Previous Post | D.C. Now Home | Next Post »
About 111,000 illegal immigrants in state and local lockups, officials say
November 12, 2009 | 12:02 pm

More than 111,000 illegal immigrants are serving time in state and local prisons and jails in the U.S., Obama administration officials said today.

The figure is based on reports from 95 jurisdictions in 11 states participating in a national program, Secure Communities. The program, which began in October 2008, identified people who were charged with or convicted of murder, kidnapping, rape and burglary, according to the Department of Homeland Security.

The federal government has struggled for years to identify imprisoned illegal immigrants, with an eye toward deporting them after they finish their sentences. Immigration officials say they have had difficulty collecting accurate information from such a diffuse system.

By providing links to federal fingerprint databases, the government is having more success identifying illegal immigrants, Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano said.

“Secure Communities provides our local partners with an effective tool to identify and remove dangerous criminal aliens,” she said in a statement.

The Obama administration has made the removal of illegal immigrants convicted of serious crimes a priority.

-- Bloomberg News
Old 11-12-2009, 02:58 PM

I don't think I posted this any place yesterday because I heard it on ABC7 news. Ed Reyes said all the Day Labores at a HD at Union and a cross street that I don't remember would be given free bicycle helmets yesterday. Do you think the s** would give me a cane to help me walk? The US all but begs them to come here.
Old 11-12-2009, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rim05 View Post
I don't think I posted this any place yesterday because I heard it on ABC7 news. Ed Reyes said all the Day Labores at a HD at Union and a cross street that I don't remember would be given free bicycle helmets yesterday. Do you think the s** would give me a cane to help me walk? The US all but begs them to come here.
Yes, the politicians and the bureaucrats are all about bending over backwards for the illegal. My wife was turned down at County USC for health care, but there were a whole bunch of illegal types that were getting their health care issues handled.
Old 11-12-2009, 05:09 PM

The government want's it both ways. What I mean by that is, first they say we should only concern ourselves with those that have committed a crime. Yet, when it comes to paying for the imprisonment of those criminals, they cry about the cost. Now common sense would tell you, then you deport them BEFORE they commit a crime and the cost is just in regards to the deportation. What they're saying is we need to shoot ourselves in the foot first and pay the higher price before we deport anyone. Basically we must let them get more money out of us by committing a crime or we won't deport them if it will only cost us a smaller amount.