Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > State Government

State Government Issues of importance to SOS associates relating to their state government.

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 04-03-2010, 09:51 AM

Fussy? Absolutely
Accessories? Absolutely

Expensive? Eh....not so much. The initial hardware, yeah I see where you're going with that. Considering a carton of smokes is upwards of 50 bucks...you can get a starter kit and a bottle of juice for about the same price. After that, you're good to go at about a tenth of the price. 4.75 / carton equivalent.

Putting the parts together takes up some of the "fiddling" that you're mentioning...blowing out smoke, etc. They're a very effective digital simulation.

I've sent my letters out, and still haven't received the form letter responses...maybe this is the first time these reps have been hammered by piles of email.
Old 04-03-2010, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1inchgroup View Post

Expensive? Eh....not so much. The initial hardware, yeah I see where you're going with that. Considering a carton of smokes is upwards of 50 bucks...you can get a starter kit and a bottle of juice for about the same price. After that, you're good to go at about a tenth of the price. 4.75 / carton equivalent.

But at this point the e-cigarette is not taxed. And it appears to exist under the cover of being a cessation aid, which might prevent it from being taxed. Are patches and gum taxed?
Old 04-04-2010, 11:47 AM

I don't know if the state gets "tobacco tax" revenue from the gums and patches...I would assume there's some nice little deal in there for everyone involved though. Last time I checked a box of gum was nearly 60 bucks.
Old 04-08-2010, 11:47 AM

I gotta post an update today....and give a hearty thank you to all those that wrote in and spoke their minds.

The California Bill has been altered to only prohibit sales to minors. I'm a nicotine addict...and I hated every second I was tied to cigarettes. The last thing I'd want to do as a retailer of these products is sell them to minors. I prefer the emails from ex-smokers telling me how much better they can breathe...they don't stink...their wives aren't yelling at them to go outside any more...

Valley Vapor does not sell to minors, didn't need a law telling me not to....but I'm more than happy to support this new law.

In true California style....they added a piece to the middle of the bill. Has nothing to do with anything...but it's now law too.

No electronic cigarette sales to minors, AND, if you engage in human cloning, your business license will be taken away by the state.

Um. Ok.

THANK YOU!!!!!