Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > The Media

The Media Topics and information relating to the Media (publications, television, press, first amendment issues, etc) of interest to SOS Associates and Users

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 11-11-2009, 04:06 PM

Default Lou Dobbs Leaving CNN

Lou Dobbs Leaving CNN
The controversial and longtime CNN anchor announces his resignation on his show Wednesday.
NEW YORK (AP) -- CNN host Lou Dobbs says he is leaving CNN effective immediately.
The longtime host of "Lou Dobbs Tonight" said Wednesday on his show that it would be his last. He said CNN had allowed him to be released from his contact, which would enable him "to pursue new opportunities."
He said he was considering a number of options.
The longest-running anchor on CNN's air, Dobbs was one of the nation's leading financial journalists before turning his program in a more opinionated direction. His persistent advocacy against illegal immigration angered many.
Old 11-11-2009, 04:21 PM

hopefully he still go on the air somewhere We need Lou badly or better yet run for office
Old 11-11-2009, 06:49 PM

I hope he lands at Fox.
Old 11-11-2009, 06:57 PM

I've thought about Lou's departure and I believe that he has a plan.
He is in his own right an activist.

He may have left CNN but it is conceivable that he may be the man to challenge all the phony politicians by stepping into the political arena
and providing the leadership in government coupled with an allegiance to the Constitution and the American people that has been missing in Washington for decades.

Someone fired on his house. Perhaps that was the determinant in causing him
to leave CNN and put on battle fatigues.

Lou isn't a coward.

I hope that I am right in my speculations.
Old 11-11-2009, 07:28 PM

He still has his radio show.

PLus he may drain away what few viewers CNN had left. I only watched Lou, now I have no reason what so ever, to watch CNN lol

Let it sink like the Titanic.
Old 11-12-2009, 04:50 AM

More than likely he got a note saying that the next bullet would be in his wife's head and he decided that discretion was the better form of valor.
Old 11-12-2009, 11:22 AM

Who knows why he left. But in a country that prides itself on free speech and freedom on the press, this speaks volumes. The left have gone too far and I believe the country is now beginning to see exactly where 'political correctness' has brought us. Just this week it was Fort Hood and now Dobbs. This can't continue without being addressed or we'll see this country fall faster than anyone expected.
Old 11-12-2009, 12:31 PM

The forces of fascism are hard at work silencing those that merely disagree with them. I see more and more the rightness of Dennis Prager when he stated that the left will bring fascism to America.

However, the best part about Dobbs leaving CNN, is that the death of CNN will come quicker as many of Dobbs' viewers will move to other TV news sources.
Old 11-12-2009, 03:03 PM

Pocho, I cannot disagree with you more. I know this is what got me in poor favor at the old place but Shepard Smith is the ONLY one I will watch on Fox. I just do not like the people. No worry though I am almost not watching TV any more. Dancing with the Stars and political bashing of each other is about all that is on. I will take a sleeping pill and go to bed.
Old 11-12-2009, 04:46 PM

Rimo, not to worry, I don't have a TV and I stay pretty well informed. Now that doesn't mean there's no televisions in my home, my roommates both have tvs, but mine went out about a year ago and I haven't missed it one minute. What really bothered me was the continual pushing of the gay and lesbian lifestyle as normal mainstream. And believe me, I don't care what gay people do. I don't care if they're in the military, or live together or even if they have adopted kids. I really don't care, but I do care that the media not bring it into my living room every night shoving it in my face and pretend that it's normal. There are so few shows that don't do that, that I would prefer not to even buy a new tv, it's not worth the money.

As for the news, well they so often drive a story into the ground that you land up hearing basically the same thing over and over again, to where the name "News" is actually comical. There's very little that is 'new' in the news. Maybe they do it because the American attention span is a millisecond and they need to pound it in.

Wouldn't it be nice if there really was a balance. But that's not going to happen because there will never be a consensus as to what the real truth is.