Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > General Discussion

General Discussion Topics of a general nature not relative to any other specific section here

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 05-22-2011, 07:28 AM

Default Herman Cain Announces Bid for President

Herman Cain Announces Bid for President
May 21, 2011
Former Godfather's Pizza CEO Herman Cain announces he is seeking the 2012 GOP nomination

http://video.foxnews.com/v/953126682...ylist_id=87485
Old 05-22-2011, 07:33 AM

"What do you guys think of this guy Cain?" Him and Bachmann on the same ticket would be a win win for America!

http://www.scribd.com/full/54720250?...3qo20a9wqx7gv4
Old 05-22-2011, 09:56 AM

Michael Cain supports amnesty:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herman_Cain#Immigration

Otherwise, he looks pretty good. He graduated college with a degree in mathematics. That's pretty impressive and it would be good to see a mathematician in the White House.
Old 05-22-2011, 10:20 AM

Whoever wrote that wikipedia entry misrepresented the foot note source he referred to.

From the link provided in the article:

Quote:
In January of 2011, Mr Cain spoke at a campaign event in Nevada and stated that he believed that the border should be supported securing the border, enforcing current immigration laws, and promoting the "path to citizenship" already in place and not creating a new one...

... MRN: If elected, how would a Cain administration deal with border security and illegal immigration?

HC: First things first: the term “comprehensive immigration reform” tossed around by liberals is simply code for “do nothing” which becomes amnesty.

There are 3 steps to solving our illegal immigration problem: securing the border (we put a man on the moon, so this isn’t that hard!); enforce the laws; promote the existing path to citizenship...

...We must secure our borders, enforce our laws and promote the existing path to citizenship...

http://www.thepoliticalguide.com/rep...20110508174404
According to the quote which was misrepresented in the wikipedia entry, Cain doesn't seek to make citizens of illegals, he merely says that we need to use the existing path and not create a new one. However, I believe he needs to clarify that statement.

He also says that present immigration law needs to be enforced, and the border needs to be secured.

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.

Last edited by ilbegone; 05-22-2011 at 10:29 AM.
Old 05-22-2011, 01:36 PM
Rebel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoller View Post
Michael Cain supports amnesty:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herman_Cain#Immigration

Otherwise, he looks pretty good. He graduated college with a degree in mathematics. That's pretty impressive and it would be good to see a mathematician in the White House.
http://youtu.be/k5QnWvYi6zc

That is not what he says here in the you tube video I've linked to, he says keep the CURRENT path to citizenship and comes right out and calls "immigration reform" code for "we don't know what to do". His position is to enforce the laws on the books, secure the borders and keep the current path to citizenship. That is not supporting amnesty, that would be doing the right thing by the USA. Finally someone that thinks like most Americans do.

Oh just an FYI, Wikipedia is not the most reliable reference around, since any Tom, Dick or Harry can post on there with or without valid documentation.
circa 1974

Last edited by The Waco Kid; 05-22-2011 at 01:39 PM. Reason: typo, always make those ; D
Old 05-22-2011, 01:46 PM

What he says in the video is that we need to "... promote the path to citizenship that is already there. We don't need a new path to citizenship." It depends on what he means by "promote". And even if we were to take "promote" at face value, do we really need to promote paths to citizenship at this point? Mostly we need to slow it down, even for those in the country legally and even for those trying to get into the country who have no interest in citizenship.

He needs to say a lot more about the subject before he can expect any confidence on the issue.
Old 05-22-2011, 03:03 PM
Rebel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoller View Post
What he says in the video is that we need to "... promote the path to citizenship that is already there. We don't need a new path to citizenship."
One step at a time now, he said keep the path to citizenship we have now, which is good because that means going through the proper channels, not running the border.

If you think we are going to halt legal immigration too, well good luck on that and I doubt that will happen in our lifetime if ever. Let's first get a handle on the illegal alien situation and that is what Cain is saying, enforce the laws on the books. Very simple and practical. No double-speak there. Unless you are Bill Clinton type who wants to dissect the meaning of the word "is".
circa 1974

Last edited by The Waco Kid; 05-22-2011 at 03:04 PM. Reason: typo queen here
Old 05-22-2011, 06:45 PM
Rebel

I thought about though twoller and I admire your skepticism. It is always good to question and get your info. Good for you.
circa 1974
Old 05-22-2011, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Waco Kid View Post
One step at a time now, he said keep the path to citizenship we have now, which is good because that means going through the proper channels, not running the border.

If you think we are going to halt legal immigration too, well good luck on that and I doubt that will happen in our lifetime if ever. Let's first get a handle on the illegal alien situation and that is what Cain is saying, enforce the laws on the books. Very simple and practical. No double-speak there. Unless you are Bill Clinton type who wants to dissect the meaning of the word "is".
The terrorists who launched 9/11 were in the country legally. All of the Muslim terrorists that we keep running accross are in the country legally. We are going to see more and more who are born of people in the country legally. If we are going to confront illegal immigration we cannot do it without confronting it's connections with legal immigration.

All that is necessary for Cain to remove any ambiguity on where he stands with illegal immigration is for him to speak about it more. I'm not going to imagine somebody is going to do something about illegals based on two sentences.
Old 05-23-2011, 07:57 AM
Rebel

I don't see any ambiguity in his position however, that is one thing I like about him but that said, I still have lots of reseach to do on all of the candidates, especially the ones I might vote for.
circa 1974