Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > The Media

The Media Topics and information relating to the Media (publications, television, press, first amendment issues, etc) of interest to SOS Associates and Users

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 01-27-2010, 10:22 PM

Default Everyone on board.

An email sent to me:

FYI - this article appeared in the Los Angeles Daily News on the Opinion page on Tuesday, Jan 26. I have the print copy. What's not in this below link, is that in the paper copy, the Daily News is asking this question for the Sunday edition opinion section (word for word):

Question of the Week:
What do you think ? Do comments like Bob Kellar's hurt or advance the immigration debate ?
Send your response to: opinionated@dailynews.com . Please include your full name. the community or city in which you live and a daytime phone number. We'll print as many as we can in Sunday's Opinionated section.

Not acceptable
Santa Clarita city councilman should apologize for `racist' remark or resign
Updated: 01/26/2010 04:29:45 PM PST
http://www.dailynews.com/opinions/ci_14266805

I don't know other's email addresses from the Tuesday night group, so please pass this along.....
Old 01-27-2010, 11:20 PM
"SZinWestLA"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayatollahgondola View Post
You've also been mistaken for a great guy. Or did I hear Frank wrong?

That was a mistake. Jean had prepared cue cards for Frank's speaker introductions and had meant to write grape pie.
Old 01-28-2010, 03:25 AM

I'm astonished at the public support of Keller and the overwhelming expressions of public contempt for the Political Correctness gag rules.

It's like watching the French Revolution or something. I think the public support for Keller is very historic. People are sick and tired of the "racist" card being played and are just worn out. I like the idea that he said "proud racist."

More Americans I know who are denounced by the PC crowd are just saying "Racist and proud of it and go screw yourself if you don't like it." I heard this at a social gathering recently. At the personal level, the PC robots are increasingly on the defensive.

You can spend your whole life bending over backwards to treat everyone with courtesy, civility and respect and you get called a racist anyway. That's been the history of the last 60 years, for Christ's sake. Screw them all.

Last edited by Don; 01-28-2010 at 04:14 PM.
Old 01-28-2010, 04:06 PM

This is a loaded question which, again, sidesteps the issue:

Quote:
Question of the Week:
What do you think ? Do comments like Bob Kellar's hurt or advance the immigration debate ?
If you say it hurts the "debate", then you've chipped away at what Keller really had to say.

If you say it advances the "debate", then you are likewise a "racist".

The question side steps the whole point of Keller's commentary.

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.

Old 01-28-2010, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilbegone View Post
This is a loaded question which, again, sidesteps the issue:

If you say it hurts the "debate", then you've chipped away at what Keller really had to say.

If you say it advances the "debate", then you are likewise a "racist".

The question side steps the whole point of Keller's commentary.
It is somewhat true what you wrote, but in the poll take on LiveLeak Kellar is wining by 2 to 1 margin last I looked.
Old 01-28-2010, 06:02 PM

Default Bob Kellar is everywhere!

Bob Handel talked about Bob Kellar; he was on John and Ken... 1070 did a story about the rally and called it an "anti immigrant rally" and a group of us called and politely told him it was an "anti ILLEGAL Immigration rally."
Old 01-28-2010, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borderwatch View Post
Bob Handel talked about Bob Kellar; he was on John and Ken... 1070 did a story about the rally and called it an "anti immigrant rally" and a group of us called and politely told him it was an "anti ILLEGAL Immigration rally."
Thank you for setting them straight. I've been reading the comments on some of the blogs. When it's a straight news story, the comments are in support of Bob, but of course the far left sites are full of the typical leftest crap. But then there are some that have tried to distort the facts and the comments have called them on it and told them just exactly what they think of their lies.
Old 01-28-2010, 07:29 PM

Default La answer

Notice how quickly LA ANSWER had their professional signs out?
Old 01-29-2010, 09:43 AM
Love One Another.

This controversy is MARVELOUS! It's great for SOS and it's great for America. We are all tired of either being attacked or slandered simply for verbally standing up for the rule of law and for our nation. I'm glad to see so many people standing up for Bob Kellar with the simple message of: ENOUGH OF THE BULLSHIT! (And enough of the hypocracy since Jamiel Shaw Sr. said practically the same thing).
Old 01-30-2010, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borderwatch View Post
The hair splitting between "illegal immigration" and "immigration" is exasperating and hypocritical.

The issue is not whether they're legal or illegal, in my mind, but that they're dispossessing Americans and transforming America into what they came here to get away from.

Moreover, it logically follows that anyone who supports "legal" immigration should support amnesty because, by definition, all immigrants will now be "legal."

The hair splitting is to deflect criticism and try not to appear racist. Forget it. They'll call you racist no matter what because the truth is they want America and all Americans destroyed.