Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > Priority Topics Section > Immigration

Immigration Topics relating to the subject of US Immigration

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-06-2011, 03:35 PM

Default After 5 years in Alabama, new law has illegal immigrant family packing

After 5 years in Alabama, new law has illegal immigrant family packing
Gabriela Vazquez maneuvers through piles of clothes and toys while trying to control her two small children.
"They never stop," she says, while pulling a pair of pants from an almost-empty drawer and deciding whether to toss the pants to the "keep" or "leave" pile. The decision is not an easy one.
Vazquez is attempting to pack five years of her life in the United States into only a handful of bags. (what did she bring with her when she snuck in? Nothing!)
"I crossed over into the U.S. with nothing but my clothes, so I'm taking nothing, only my clothes and my kids," she says. (What about all those remittances you sent back to Mexico?)
Vazquez began packing moments after a federal judge in Birmingham, Alabama, last week allowed most of the state's controversial law, known as HB56, against illegal immigration to go into effect.
Judge refuses to block law during appeal
The law allows police officers to check the legal status of people when suspicions exists, detain them and turn them over to federal authorities. It is described by both its supporters and its opponents as the strictest state immigration law in the nation.
Law's enactment spooks immigrants
"We expected the judge to rule like the other judges who blocked the laws in Arizona and Georgia," Vazquez says, referring to similar anti-illegal immigration laws approved in those states, with federal judges subsequently blocking the more severe parts of those bills. (Surprise, there are judges that know what the word illegal means!)
"Now, they can take me away from my children anytime," Vazquez says. (And you can go back to Mexico WITH YOUR KIDS)
Her journey began five years ago when she and her husband left the Mexican state of MIchoacan and headed north in search of jobs. (Don’t you love it when the media uses words like “left” and “headed north” instead of the truth, they snuck into the US illegally)
"In Mexico, it is hard to find a job. I'm 35 years old, and the ads seeking help say they want people between the ages of 18 and 35," Vazquez says. (Fact; Mexico has a lower unemployment rate than the US and those jobs Vazquez says she can’t do are JOBS THAT THE MEXICANS THEMSELVES DON’T WANT, BUT INSTEAD WANT THE BETTER PAYING JOBS IN THE US. So the cry that they only come here to feed their families and are doing the jobs legal citizens won’t do is exactly what they’re doing by leaving Mexico. There are jobs for them in Mexico, they just don’t want them)
"It wasn't easy coming over. We left our parents, our siblings, our family, and they didn't know what was going to happen to us."(So, since it was so hard to leave them, it should be very easy to return to your family)
The couple entered the United States illegally and headed for Montgomery, where they had relatives. (This is a result of the 1986 amnesty, where those that were made legal set up places for the continuing invaders to come and find work) They first rented a room in a mobile home with other families until they found jobs.(Yes, they pack 30 in a house and turn the neighborhood into a barrio) Vazquez's husband, Marco, became a carpet installer while she jumped from job to job in restaurants, hotels and grocery stores.(Jobs that US citizens lost and were replaced by the invaders)
Deportations will set record in 2011, Napolitano says
They managed to save enough to move into their own place. Along the way, she gave birth to a boy, now 4 years old, and a girl, now 2. (Children that will cost the taxpayers $2,000 per month to educate)
"I was not planning on having kids, but here they are," Vazquez says with a smile.(Oh, you just couldn’t help but get pregnant. Using birth control or keeping your legs crossed, well that just didn’t cross you mind. But you left Mexico at 35 years old; so why didn’t you have kids before coming to the US? Oh, ya, anchor babies pay much better than Mexican kids, how foolish to even ask)
http://articles.cnn.com/2011-10-05/u...on-mobile-home