Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > State Government

State Government Issues of importance to SOS associates relating to their state government.

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 10-05-2013, 11:00 AM
SOS Associate

Default Governor Brown Signs Multiple Bills In Support Of Illegal Aliens

The Governor has bent over and under to send a message that California is open to illegal aliens. Not one veto in the lot.
This is an outrage! If he thinks we won't keep fighting, he's grossly mistaken. If he and the state legislature think we won't mitigate, challenge, or even ignore some of these laws, they are to be surprised. Their whole mindset is to send a message that our efforts to demand enforcement and deny amnesty is futile.
I can assure them all, that resistance inevitable!

Quote:
GOVERNOR BROWN SIGNS IMMIGRATION LEGISLATION

10-5-2013

SACRAMENTO – As advocates rally across the nation today to urge Congress to adopt comprehensive immigration reform, Governor Edmund G. Brown Jr. signed legislation to enhance school, workplace and civil protections for California’s hardworking immigrants.

“While Washington waffles on immigration, California’s forging ahead,” said Governor Brown. “I’m not waiting.”

Immigration reform advocates are rallying today in cities across the United States to call on the U.S. House of Representatives to give legal status to undocumented U.S. residents.

While gridlock continues in Washington, California continues to move forward on immigration reform. On Thursday, Governor Brown signed AB 60, extending the legal right to drive on the state’s roadways to millions of Californians and in October 2011, Governor Brown signed AB 131, the California Dream Act.

The Governor signed the following bills today:

• AB 4 by Assemblymember Tom Ammiano (D-San Francisco) – Prohibits a law enforcement official from detaining an individual on the basis of a United States Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) hold after that individual becomes eligible for release from custody, unless specified conditions are met.

• AB 35 by Assemblymember Roger Hernández (D-West Covina) – Provides that immigration consultants, attorneys, notaries public, and organizations accredited by the United States Board of Immigration Appeals are the only individuals authorized to charge a fee for providing services associated with filing an application under the U.S. Department of Homeland Security's deferred action program.

• AB 524 by Assemblymember Kevin Mullin (D-South San Francisco) – Provides that a threat to report the immigration status or suspected immigration status of an individual or the individual's family may induce fear sufficient to constitute extortion.

• AB 1024 by Assemblymember Lorena Gonzalez (D-San Diego) – Allows applicants, who are not lawfully present in the United States, to be admitted as an attorney at law.

• AB 1159 by Assemblymember Lorena Gonzalez (D-San Diego) – Imposes various restrictions and obligations on persons who offer services related to comprehensive immigration reform.

• SB 141 by Senator Lou Correa (D-Santa Ana) – Requires that the California Community Colleges and the California State University, and requests that the University of California, exempt a United States citizen who resides in a foreign country, and is in their first year as a matriculated student, from nonresident tuition if the student demonstrates financial need, has a parent or guardian who was deported or voluntarily departed from the U. S., lived in California immediately before moving abroad, and attended a secondary school in California for at least three years.

• SB 150 by Senator Ricardo Lara (D-Bell Gardens) – Authorizes a community college district to exempt pupils attending community colleges as a special part-time student from paying nonresident tuition.

• SB 666 by Senator Darrell Steinberg (D-Sacramento) – Provides for a suspension or revocation of an employer's business license for retaliation against employees and others on the basis of citizenship and immigration status, and establishes a civil penalty up to $10,000 per violation.

For full text of the bills, visit: http://leginfo.ca.gov/bilinfo.html.

###
Old 10-05-2013, 11:32 AM

Why, oh why??????? It is so disturbing. I am sure that the insurance companies are quite happy now...more policies to sell.
Old 10-05-2013, 01:57 PM
Continent Thief

This state is now virtually hopeless when it comes to illegal immigration. I figure the only things which could possibly save it at this point would be either a recall of Governor Moonbeam, a federal lawsuit by the Department of Justice for his illegal actions, or a lawsuit on behalf of the people which might ultimately have to be decided by the Supreme Court. Unfortunately the first is highly unlikely given the apathy of the people of California, and the second is out of the question with this administration, which leaves only the third possibility, and I don't even know if the suit would be considered by a judge to have any standing.

Ich Bin Ein Arizonan!

"I entirely reject the concept, however, of "anchor babies." If parents are found to be here illegally, then the whole family, children as well, should be sent back to the parents' country of origin."

Last edited by LAPhil; 10-05-2013 at 02:09 PM.
Old 10-05-2013, 02:07 PM

So what can be done about it? I haven't been on this site in quite a while and it looks like we're still banging our heads against a brick wall and still complaining about the same old crap. I think we're behind enemy lines here. CALIFORNIA IS LOST. Governor Moonbeam has just handed the keys over to Mexico. Illegal aliens have more rights than citizens in this state and are given breaks, financially and otherwise that are not offered to citizens. Illegals are ABOVE the law, just like the one in the white house. Nothing is going to change unless these liberal jalapeno suckers are booted out of office and replaced with individuals that respect the laws of this nation and aren't out to implode this state and completely eradicate the middle class.

Impeachment proceedings need to be implemented. Our representatives do not represent us. The majority of reps in Sacramental are illegals, married to illegals or are anchor babies. What else could you expect from a group like that being led by a burned out, rich hippie?
Old 10-05-2013, 02:13 PM
Continent Thief

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB_Parrothead View Post
So what can be done about it? I haven't been on this site in quite a while and it looks like we're still banging our heads against a brick wall and still complaining about the same old crap. I think we're behind enemy lines here. CALIFORNIA IS LOST. Governor Moonbeam has just handed the keys over to Mexico. Illegal aliens have more rights than citizens in this state and are given breaks, financially and otherwise that are not offered to citizens. Illegals are ABOVE the law, just like the one in the white house. Nothing is going to change unless these liberal jalapeno suckers are booted out of office and replaced with individuals that respect the laws of this nation and aren't out to implode this state and completely eradicate the middle class.

Impeachment proceedings need to be implemented. Our representatives do not represent us. The majority of reps in Sacramental are illegals, married to illegals or are anchor babies. What else could you expect from a group like that being led by a burned out, rich hippie?
Hey JB, long time no see! I see we had similar thoughts on this. The only problem with your idea of booting out these "liberal jalapeno suckers" (there's a colorful term for you!) is that they're completely entrenched between the gerrymandering of the districts and the overall demographics of California which is now totally skewed in their favor anyway. I just don't really see any solution at this point other than the ones I suggested previously. You're right, I think California is lost.

Ich Bin Ein Arizonan!

"I entirely reject the concept, however, of "anchor babies." If parents are found to be here illegally, then the whole family, children as well, should be sent back to the parents' country of origin."

Last edited by LAPhil; 10-05-2013 at 02:19 PM.
Old 10-05-2013, 02:24 PM

Nice to see you're still in the fight, LAPhil...I had to give it up for awhile...was causing me too many health problems. I need to cruise the site and see where else I can put in my two cents worth. LOL!

Have a great day, my friend!
Old 10-05-2013, 05:01 PM
SOS Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB_Parrothead View Post
CALIFORNIA IS LOST.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAPhil View Post
. You're right, I think California is lost.
Germany was once lost to Hitler

Fiji was once lost to Indians

Guam was once lost to the Japanese

The point is, it's a principle and a way of life you choose, and the real estate is the battleground. What purpose does it serve to make statements like those if you really want to live another way? Are you trying to convince yourself that you can never have the government and way of life of your choosing, or trying to convince the opposition that they are winning?
Old 10-05-2013, 06:37 PM
Continent Thief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayatollahgondola View Post
Germany was once lost to Hitler

Fiji was once lost to Indians

Guam was once lost to the Japanese

The point is, it's a principle and a way of life you choose, and the real estate is the battleground. What purpose does it serve to make statements like those if you really want to live another way? Are you trying to convince yourself that you can never have the government and way of life of your choosing, or trying to convince the opposition that they are winning?
AG, your thinking makes sense over the long term, but I'm not going to live that long. Sure California could once return to the way it was, and of course the sooner the better, but the way things are going I'm not holding my breath for it to happen in my lifetime. If that sounds cynical or defeatist I'm sorry, but the reality is that it will take many years to turn things around here. If I had the power to change things sooner I would do whatever I could. I guess I shouldn't say California is lost because that implies it's lost forever, and I couldn't accept that. It's not that I've given up all hope, but other than voting I just don't know what I can do to change the reality of the situation. A few years ago I wouldn't have said this, as we had a viable movement and it looked like we actually had the chance to change things. But now look at how SOS has dwindled as well as other similar movements which we hardly ever hear from anymore. I don't know what happened, but somewhere along the line we lost our voice, and I no longer feel empowered to change the direction of this state.

Just as example of how little chance we have to change things any time soon, look at the last election we had for governor. We had a choice between Moonbeam and Meg Whitman, both of whom we know had no sympathy for what we stand for. But of course there was Chelene Nightingale who did but never had a prayer of winning, and we both know you wouldn't have voted for her if she was the last person on earth.

I know you don't appreciate these sentiments, and I really admire everything you've done and continue to do to fight the power. Perhaps if there were more people like yourself we wouldn't be in this mess, but it seems that there either aren't enough people who care anymore, or there is more sympathy for illegal aliens than there used to be. So I'm sorry to sound so discouraged, but I really am.

Ich Bin Ein Arizonan!

Last edited by LAPhil; 10-05-2013 at 07:07 PM.
Old 10-05-2013, 07:01 PM

Brown Is breaking Federal Law(s) just like the people that are writing them.
Aiding and abetting an Illegal alien Is a FEDERAL crime. That Is exactly what these politicians are doing

Last edited by Yourfired; 10-05-2013 at 07:18 PM.
Old 10-05-2013, 07:13 PM
SOS Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAPhil View Post
AG, your thinking makes sense over the long term, but I'm not going to live that long. Sure California could once return to the way it was, and of course the sooner the better, but the way things are going I'm not holding my breath for it to happen in my lifetime. If that sounds cynical or defeatist I'm sorry, but the reality is that it will take many years to turn things around here. If I had the power to change things sooner I would do whatever I could. I guess I shouldn't say California is lost because that implies it's lost forever, and I couldn't accept that. It's not that I've given up all hope, but other than voting I just don't know what I can do to change the reality of the situation. A few years ago I wouldn't have said this, as we had a viable movement and it looked like we actually had the chance to change things. But now look at how SOS has dwindled as well as other similar movements which we hardly ever hear from anymore. I don't know what happened, but somewhere along the line we lost our voice, and I no longer feel empowered to change the direction of this state.

I know you don't appreciate these sentiments, and I really admire everything you've done and continue to do to fight the power. Perhaps if there were more people like yourself we wouldn't be in this mess, but it seems that there either aren't enough people who care anymore, or there is more sympathy for illegal aliens than there used to be. So I'm sorry to sound so discouraged, but I just am.
Phil, you are letting open-borders voodoo run amok in your head. This is precisely what they want. These state legislative remedies are meant to be like Tokyo Rose broadcasts. They mock, they chide, they antagonize. Many of these new signings are laws that go nowhere. the legislature is famous for passing laws that are in practice...useless. Take the license for illegals one for example. The governor stated something to the effect that millions of them would get license. The truth is that there is not millions of them here. We might have 2 million, maybe more, but only the ones who don't have warrants out for them, aren't actively ducking an ICE investigation are going to apply, and many of those aren't going to make the trip because they don't speak enough english to be licensed. We might see 500,000 actually apply and get a license. Not that it isn't an insult to us, but really, it's not as big a blow as having the sky fall.
The reporting of illegals thing isn't going to affect much at all. it'll affect some businesses who are already cheating, so it won't make a real difference to us.

Take a look through these new laws, and you'll see it is much more bark than bite. We can fight back and make them even more useless.