Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > The Media

The Media Topics and information relating to the Media (publications, television, press, first amendment issues, etc) of interest to SOS Associates and Users

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 11-12-2009, 03:03 PM

Pocho, I cannot disagree with you more. I know this is what got me in poor favor at the old place but Shepard Smith is the ONLY one I will watch on Fox. I just do not like the people. No worry though I am almost not watching TV any more. Dancing with the Stars and political bashing of each other is about all that is on. I will take a sleeping pill and go to bed.
Old 11-12-2009, 04:46 PM

Rimo, not to worry, I don't have a TV and I stay pretty well informed. Now that doesn't mean there's no televisions in my home, my roommates both have tvs, but mine went out about a year ago and I haven't missed it one minute. What really bothered me was the continual pushing of the gay and lesbian lifestyle as normal mainstream. And believe me, I don't care what gay people do. I don't care if they're in the military, or live together or even if they have adopted kids. I really don't care, but I do care that the media not bring it into my living room every night shoving it in my face and pretend that it's normal. There are so few shows that don't do that, that I would prefer not to even buy a new tv, it's not worth the money.

As for the news, well they so often drive a story into the ground that you land up hearing basically the same thing over and over again, to where the name "News" is actually comical. There's very little that is 'new' in the news. Maybe they do it because the American attention span is a millisecond and they need to pound it in.

Wouldn't it be nice if there really was a balance. But that's not going to happen because there will never be a consensus as to what the real truth is.
Old 11-13-2009, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rim05 View Post
Pocho, I cannot disagree with you more. I know this is what got me in poor favor at the old place but Shepard Smith is the ONLY one I will watch on Fox. I just do not like the people. No worry though I am almost not watching TV any more. Dancing with the Stars and political bashing of each other is about all that is on. I will take a sleeping pill and go to bed.
I'm not sure what you are disagreeing with me about, but just because you disagree with me won't land you in any trouble.

I like Shepard Smith, I also like Lou Dobbs. He was the sole voice of sanity on CNN, and the only program that kept CNN afloat. This was my only point. Lou Dobbs leaving CNN will begin the end for CNN.
Old 11-13-2009, 09:11 PM

My thought was that CNN would be gone and everything would be Fox. Dobbs used to be one of my favorites but he suddenly seem to change to the point that I could not under stand what he was for. The truth be told, I am just tired of hearing people t a l k all the time. Listen to one program on a channel and all the programs are the same material. Maybe my problem is I have too much time to watch TV, remember I am retired.