Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > The Media

The Media Topics and information relating to the Media (publications, television, press, first amendment issues, etc) of interest to SOS Associates and Users

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 02-26-2012, 08:16 AM
"SZinWestLA"

Default Apologize! Immediately!!

Here is the unwritten message conveyed by this magazine cover: 1) Obama will be reelected because 2) his opponent would be more likely to attempt to enforce immigration laws and shrink the size of government.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/cutline/...170537015.html
Old 02-29-2012, 03:31 PM
Continent Thief

Obama underestimates the intelligence of Hispanics. I think most of them can recognize the phony (His)pandering, and the way he's playing them for fools, a strategy he figures will win him the election. If he doesn't wise up he's going to be waking up on November 7 wondering where the truck came from that hit him upside the head.

Ich Bin Ein Arizonan!

"I entirely reject the concept, however, of "anchor babies." If parents are found to be here illegally, then the whole family, children as well, should be sent back to the parents' country of origin."
Old 03-01-2012, 07:54 AM

LAPHIL you are right. So many are true Americans!
Old 03-03-2012, 04:29 AM

I don't know, Phil.

Obama is a master of spin, and his opponents for the presidency are doing his dirty campaign work with all the vicious attacks against each other.

It seems to me that lots of voters might not truly understand the issues - are politically naive or have been "educated" into a certain political frame of mind, have short memories, and live in the moment of instant gratification.

Who scares or disgusts those who bother to vote the least during the act of voting, and who gets showered with goodies at the right time. There is something like eight months until the election. More than once in political history has someone been declared the messiah by the masses one day and politically executed the next by popular demand over something very trivial in the grand scheme of things.

Everything is timing, Obama is crafty with spin and has the good luck that the other party is engaging in fratricide.

As much as Obama needs to be a one term president, I'm not so sure that's going to be the case.

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.

Last edited by ilbegone; 03-03-2012 at 04:47 AM.
Old 03-03-2012, 06:37 AM
Continent Thief

I think you're right about everything you said. My only point was that Obama and his minions are counting on the Hispanics to fall for the idea that if you're anti-illegal immigration you must be racist and they will try to pander to that sentiment, whereas in fact the problem of illegal immigration is probably understood by Hispanics a lot better than they realize. Thus, the "Hispanic" vote, while it will no doubt go largely for Obama, may not be the crucial turning point in the election. And yes, the election is still eight months away, and who knows what could happen between now and then. It's not the slum-dunk that some people in both parties are claiming it is.

Also, the "fratricide" you refer to that the Republicans are engaging in is not that much worse than normal in a primary with this many people in the race. Perhaps a little more vicious, but it does happen every time until the nominee is eventually decided, after which the bad feelings are generally forgotten and the party unites behind its candidate. Not always, but usually.

Ich Bin Ein Arizonan!

"I entirely reject the concept, however, of "anchor babies." If parents are found to be here illegally, then the whole family, children as well, should be sent back to the parents' country of origin."

Last edited by LAPhil; 03-03-2012 at 06:56 AM.
Old 03-04-2012, 07:11 AM

Phil,

They all pander. Newt Gengrich is a great example of one very out of touch, very ignorant panderer.

The fact is, even with the focus being on criminal aliens (the crime of illegally crossing the border is conveniently forgotten), Obama has deported more illegals since at least the depression. The pro illegal want none departed, others feel the economic pressure on jobs due to American employers hiring illegals - don't appreciate the illegal influx at all. Some have a great dislike of illegals due to Mexican prejudice against the American born, but quite a few of those old enough to remember the days before civil rights (might even occasionally still listen to Los Panchos and Jose Alfredo Jimenez) have memories which might not want to "go along" with what they might perceive as a "white" agenda.

Then you have all the ignorant kids who somehow think that they have experienced genuine white prejudice of the '50's but have only been around for 20 or 30 years, some might not have much real life experience beyond school. They're gullible and easily brainwashed, like the fifth generation kid who babbles all that stuff about how Mexican he is and "our beautiful Mexican culture" in high school Spanish - all the while with a group of campesinos mocking him in Mexican Spanish he doesn't understand and flipping him the Mexican bird he's never seen before as they walk away.

Cubans and their descendants don't care at all about Chicano crap, except maybe for what the kids are brainwashed into at school.

Puerto Rican nationalism isn't impressed by Mexican governmental encouragement of illegal immigration to the US or brown American racist support of it, and the Portugese and their descendants on the east coast would much rather eat a nice quiet bowl of caldo verde than listen to UCR ethnic studies professor Armando Navarro rant about Aztlan.

Guatemalans are to Mexico what Mexicans are to the US, Central Americans in the San Fernando Valley fret about their children being Mexicanized in California schools.

Those from Argentina have little in common with the rest - except for a shared colonial master, their history and identity is not the same as Mexico. Argentina has quite a bit of trouble with illegal immigration from Bolivia, would a legal immigrant from Argentina really give a crap about illegal Mexicans in the US?

But, Mexican descended "Latino activists" have self appointed themselves to speak for all, and associate justice Sonia Sotomayor is an idiot who thinks her Puerto Rican ancestry while growing up in New York city equates her with every mestizo woman of every age bracket in California - American or foreign born, doesn't matter.

One big happy Latino family? Hardly.

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.

Last edited by ilbegone; 03-04-2012 at 07:45 AM.
Old 03-04-2012, 07:41 AM
Continent Thief

Ilbegone:

Sounds about right to me. When I speak of (His)pandering, I'm only referring to those predominantly Mexican supremicist groups, e.g., La Raza, MeChA, MALDEF, LULAC, who have had the most influence on our politicians. However, have you noticed how the GOP candidates are pandering less these days? Romney and Santorum both supported amnesty just a few years ago, and now they have totally reversed their positions (at least openly). They now have B- and A- ratings from NumbersUSA, and just a couple of years ago they were both rated D or lower. https://www.numbersusa.com/content/a...n-stances.html

Ich Bin Ein Arizonan!

Last edited by LAPhil; 03-04-2012 at 07:45 AM.
Old 03-04-2012, 10:44 AM

Amen, Ilbegone, yes they are truly a mixed bag that put together do not make a homogeneous group. I live in an extremely saturated area and have found some that may even have close family or friends that are illegal, yet they themselves don't entirely agree that they (the illegal friend or relative) should have come illegally or remain knowing they'd become illegal. Yet, they don't speak up because it would put them in the status of the "anti-illegal" group like us. Sometimes they will talk to me, but only if we're alone. Some don't like to work with other Mexicans because they see them as trouble makers or not all that bright. Yes, they are not all the same, but you have to spend time with some and gain their trust to learn the truth.
Old 03-04-2012, 02:37 PM
Continent Thief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanfromfillmore View Post
I live in an extremely saturated area and have found some that may even have close family or friends that are illegal, yet they themselves don't entirely agree that they (the illegal friend or relative) should have come illegally or remain knowing they'd become illegal. Yet, they don't speak up because it would put them in the status of the "anti-illegal" group like us.
Right, Jean, this was my point earlier. Hispanics don't all speak with one voice, and the Republicans are starting to get wise to this, which is why they're not pandering as much to the voters who fall for the race card. And if the Democrats keep implying that all anti-illegal immigration voters are just racists, a lot of Hispanic voters are going to see that they're being played for fools and not vote Democratic in such overwhelming numbers this time. (Can you tell I really want Obama to lose?)

Ich Bin Ein Arizonan!

Last edited by LAPhil; 03-04-2012 at 02:40 PM.
Old 03-05-2012, 06:45 AM

Quote:
When I speak of (His)pandering, I'm only referring to those predominantly Mexican supremicist groups, e.g., La Raza, MeChA, MALDEF, LULAC, who have had the most influence on our politicians.
Yes, those are the ones. It is not difficult to tell the difference when you talk to them.

You are so correct about Sotomayor.
The last three Supreme Court appointments were complete failures, that is John Roberts, Sotamayor and Egan. It will take a long time to correct those mistakes.

I posted once in the early primary that there was only one that I had any good opinion of. I did not want to name who, but it was Jon Huntsman.
I hope Santorium has sealed his campaign with his remarks about JFK and the 'being a snob if a person is encouraged to attend college.
I don't think higher education or even trade school has hurt any one.

Last edited by Rim05; 03-05-2012 at 06:54 AM.