Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > Priority Topics Section > Immigration

Immigration Topics relating to the subject of US Immigration

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 12-04-2009, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayatollahgondola View Post
The problem with all of this, and what others have said is that not everyone within actually has the movements interests at heart. We've seen people get in here and say or even act as though they were our messiahs, only to have it proven otherwise, all because someone said "I know otherwise".
Bringout out facts is not always pleasurable work, and I'd encourage everyone to at least listen once and then research for the truth. Just dismissing a persons claims as divisive may just empower another false leader who sells us out after we place our trust. I'm not saying this guys claims are gospel. I'm saying there might be a reason why we are not all united. It may be because several people know something more about some of the people within our ranks than the majority of us would like to believe. It's when we start fearing the facts that we become the problem Simcox is free to dispute what is relayed here, and it should be rather simple. Then the original poster goes down in his own flames.
I'm not suggesting that there should be censorship of or that there should not be discussion of issues such as the one Mr Campbell has presented.

My concern is potential entanglement and public perceptions as well as former activists who are now distrustful and discouraged with the present state of the movement.

Discussion of unpleasant issues is one thing and may be healthy in the long run, but if it degenerates into a personal battle with the appearance of the organization attacking individuals outside of the organization while bickering about it within the organization, that's another.

There is no perfect person, and some people have more misjudgments and make more mistakes than others.

So long as it doesn't involve megalomania, narcissism, corruption, genuine criminality, or genuine racism, I don't have to like or be in total agreement with another person to work with that individual.

We can look at the negative past history parts of Save Our State: it happened, and there is nothing that can be done to change any of that. We can either move on or we can wallow in the past and accomplish nothing.

Likewise, if other organizations and personalities within those organizations waste time and energy hurling anathemas at one another as well as us, there is not much we can do to change those people or their views.

They do what they do, and we do what we do. And if we can maintain traveling the higher road, perhaps Save Our State can attract those who want a solution to illegal immigration and are willing to contribute but are put off by all the turmoil.

Just my thoughts.

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.