Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > Save Our State Official Section > SOS Management and Operation Discussion

SOS Management and Operation Discussion Questions and answers about the management and operation of Save Our State.

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #41  
Old 03-21-2011, 05:21 PM
Cole Younger Cole Younger is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 36
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayatollahgondola View Post
I didn't lose those there. That happened the year before, and totally different circumstances.
Open carry is an important a right as an open mouth ie the first amendment. I'm not a fanatic about guns, but I might be about rights.
To be honest, I am a fanatic about guns and I do know all about open carry however, always have a lawyer with you when you plan to exercise this right.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 03-21-2011, 05:34 PM
Ayatollahgondola's Avatar
Ayatollahgondola Ayatollahgondola is offline
SOS Associate
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 3,057
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole Younger View Post
To be honest, I am a fanatic about guns and I do know all about open carry however, always have a lawyer with you when you plan to exercise this right.
Excellent Idea. Cops hate lawyers more than they do open carriers. Giving them an optional target just might be the safest thing
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 03-21-2011, 05:40 PM
Cole Younger Cole Younger is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 36
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayatollahgondola View Post
Excellent Idea. Cops hate lawyers more than they do open carriers. Giving them an optional target just might be the safest thing
Absolutely....
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 03-21-2011, 08:10 PM
ilbegone's Avatar
ilbegone ilbegone is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,068
Talking

Quote:
Keep in mind that only politicians can change policies, laws, and enforcement practices...which is the only thing that is going to make a difference.
This is the key.

Too many people obsess about pregnant Mexican women and forget about what made it all possible.

The politicians.

Both parties have something to gain from illegal migration. The only difference is that one wants "immigrant" clout in voting numbers exchanged for "social" freebies and the other wants a non voting slave class exchanged for business political favor.

So the parties have to be circumvented and individuals selected for office who have the right interest.

After all, that's how we have the problems we do - through decades of grass roots organizing and successfully portraying brown racism as "cultural pride", the open borders racists have the education system in their pocket and have swayed the political battle, at least in California, their way.

I have come to the conclusion that until it is recognized and understood that politicians have allowed employers to evade immigration law and ignore "Immigration" judges circumventing deportation in over 60% of the cases brought before them while "educators" propagandize our youth to our sovereignty negation and cultural destruction, it is largely a waste of time to publicly chastise illegally present vendors of bacon wrapped hot dogs.

Errant politicians need to be run off while appropriate candidate selections are presented, and that's not accomplished by bagging on pregnant Mexican women.
__________________
Freibier gab's gestern

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.


Last edited by ilbegone; 03-21-2011 at 08:15 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 03-21-2011, 10:02 PM
Ayatollahgondola's Avatar
Ayatollahgondola Ayatollahgondola is offline
SOS Associate
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 3,057
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilbegone View Post
This is the key.

Too many people obsess about pregnant Mexican women and forget about what made it all possible.

The politicians.

Both parties have something to gain from illegal migration. The only difference is that one wants "immigrant" clout in voting numbers exchanged for "social" freebies and the other wants a non voting slave class exchanged for business political favor.

So the parties have to be circumvented and individuals selected for office who have the right interest.

After all, that's how we have the problems we do - through decades of grass roots organizing and successfully portraying brown racism as "cultural pride", the open borders racists have the education system in their pocket and have swayed the political battle, at least in California, their way.

I have come to the conclusion that until it is recognized and understood that politicians have allowed employers to evade immigration law and ignore "Immigration" judges circumventing deportation in over 60% of the cases brought before them while "educators" propagandize our youth to our sovereignty negation and cultural destruction, it is largely a waste of time to publicly chastise illegally present vendors of bacon wrapped hot dogs.

Errant politicians need to be run off while appropriate candidate selections are presented, and that's not accomplished by bagging on pregnant Mexican women.
Nobody cared before. Before the protests that is. People were afraid or reluctant to speak up before people like us hit the streets with protest signs, made commentary on social media websites, and spoke out at public meetings. So we pointed out the invading lawbreakers were multiplying at our expense, and guess what? People took up the anchor baby loophole. Now it's in play in the political spectrum
sorry, but you just don't go from one individual getting pissed off, to the politicians office, to change, without some hard, thrashing, social discourse, whereby you pick up either enemies or friends.
We've been doing the right thing, given what we have to work with.
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 03-21-2011, 10:20 PM
ilbegone's Avatar
ilbegone ilbegone is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,068
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayatollahgondola View Post
We've been doing the right thing, given what we have to work with.
It is uphill in sand and against the wind the whole way..

I'd like to see more about the politicians who create the mess rather than about illegals and Americans who are confused with being illegal.

If a politician or government employee of any sort, including judges, aids and abets illegal migration, that person is just as guilty as any human smuggler in the trade.
__________________
Freibier gab's gestern

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.

Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 03-21-2011, 10:30 PM
Ayatollahgondola's Avatar
Ayatollahgondola Ayatollahgondola is offline
SOS Associate
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 3,057
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilbegone View Post
If a politician or government employee of any sort, including judges, aids and abets illegal migration, that person is just as guilty as any human smuggler in the trade.
No argument there; But those politicians in question have to be sent a clear message how we feel, and we can't expect them to stand up and publicly denounce illegals unless we do it often and ruthlessly. we set the standards for them out there. If we sympathize a little, the politician takes license with that for a waiver.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 03-22-2011, 09:44 AM
Cole Younger Cole Younger is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 36
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayatollahgondola View Post
But those politicians in question have to be sent a clear message how we feel
So,...How do we feel? I have spent the last day catching up on much of the soap opera's, splintered so-called patriot factions, name calling, harassment, law suits etc. and I will tell you, it's a big disappointment.

When this movement started, none of this BS occurred. Many of the old timers know who I am but not under this user name. I was there at the beginning (I "think" I was #25 on the membership of SOS) . I left after it came clear to me that a certain decisions where being made that made no sense and would become counter productive to the cause. I didn't get banned, I asked that my membership be removed.

With that being said in my opinion the movement lost it's way. It failed to expand into other issues. Save Our State sole purpose was a anti-illegal immigration organization with one goal in mind. Well, its been 6 years and what have you really accomplished? There is very little unity and too many self serving individuals taking advantage of a issue to further personal goals such as running for political offices with no real hope of winning. It was a waste of time, effort, and money / resources.

Politics is the end game but it has to be done in a realistic fashion. These small so-called patriot factions have no chance of creating a viable candidate.

So tell me, how is stopping illegal immigration into this State going to save it? The state faces 500 billion (1/2 trillion) of unfunded pension plans...is stopping illegal immigration going to fund those pension plans?

Look, I will make this simple and to the point. Being a single issue activist group will get you no where. You are not going to get the broad voter support you need to make political change a reality.

"Save Our State" should be much broader than anti-illegal immigration which is something Joe Turner and the rest of the the crowed failed to recognize or capitalize on. This State faces real problems. Illegal immigration is a part of the problem but not the only problem. If you want membership to grow, this organization needs to re-organize and be multifaceted. I am not suggesting abandoning a anti-illegal immigration stance, but incorporating a stance against corruption, lobbying, special interest, government waste, taxes, etc.

Make illegal immigration part of the platform, not the whole platform.

Rant on...

Last edited by Cole Younger; 03-22-2011 at 09:46 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 03-22-2011, 10:47 AM
Ayatollahgondola's Avatar
Ayatollahgondola Ayatollahgondola is offline
SOS Associate
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 3,057
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole Younger View Post
Make illegal immigration part of the platform, not the whole platform.

Rant on...
Have you even read our mission/corporate statement?
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 03-22-2011, 11:51 AM
Cole Younger Cole Younger is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 36
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayatollahgondola View Post
Have you even read our mission/corporate statement?
Nope...but I just did...I still see no changes per se'

Mission statements mean little unless you actively pursue the implementation of them.

What I see on this site are copy and paste news article, emails, and a few comments. I see no forward looking plans to gain public support, membership, or activism political or otherwise. Maybe thats being discussed behind the scenes but if someone happened across this site they would never know it.

Maybe I am being a little unfair but having 50 active members from the old organization does not impress me. What is the goal? Are you thinking outside the box? How are you going to turn the situation around and grow? I don't see any brainstorming.

Has anyone looked at say the State assembly and senate and figure out there voting records on a number of issues, including subsidies for illegal immigration?

You currently have 50 active members. Maybe challenge them to find out where there state law makers stand on budget issues, immigration, unfunded liabilities, who lobbies them, are they good for the state or not etc. Are they involved in any political misdoings or scandals?

As far as the immigration fight goes, I would distance myself as far away from The MMP, ALIPAC, CCIR, SD Minuteman, etc...there leadership are all nuts and have lost sight of there goals..I am really amazed how idiotic these organizations became and the inflated ego's that accompany them is beyond belief. It appears none of them do anything constructive but they all have time to be destructive toward one another. If I were you, I would just delete the BS emails and other comments made. I know you like full disclosure and I respect that but full disclosure is not beneficial to acquiring new blood. To be honest, I see no need in having the old blood around causing trouble.

I suggest you acquire a new strategy. As long as the BS in the past is around, you may find it difficult to move forward. I honestly had no clue what was going on but I have a good idea now on whats been occurring and I will tell you many should be ashamed of themselves. Many have little to no moral character and zero leadership abilities. You lead by example and none of the idiots that claim to be leaders have a clue.

My 2 cents.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 08:07 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright SaveOurState 2009 - 2016 All Rights Reserved