Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > United States Federal government

United States Federal government Topics and information relating to the federal government of interest to SOS associates

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 04-27-2011, 01:15 PM

Default Obama Relents, Releases Birth Certificate — Let's Move On

Obama Relents, Releases Birth Certificate — Let's Move On
After years of ignoring demands that he release his full birth certificate, and steadfast goading from Donald Trump and others, President Barack Obama has finally presented the official document, saying he has “better stuff to do” than deal with the controversy.

The White House posted the birth certificate on the Internet before Obama spoke to reporters on Wednesday morning.

“We provided additional information today about the site of my birth,” Obama said.
“This issue has been going on now for two, two and a half years now, and I have to say that over the past two and a half years I have watched with amusement, I have been puzzled by the degree to which this thing kept on going.

“Every official in Hawaii, Democrat and Republican, every news outlet that has investigated this, has confirmed that yes, in fact I was born in Hawaii in 1961 at Kapiolani Hospital.

“We posted the certificate that is given by the state of Hawaii on the Internet for everybody to see. People have provided affidavits that they have seen this birth certificate, and yet this thing just keeps on going.”

Obama explained why he had finally made the decision to release his full birth certificate.

“Normally I would not comment on something like this because there’s a lot of stuff swirling in the press on any given day, and I’ve got other things to do.

“But two weeks ago the Republican House put forward a budget that would have huge consequences for the country, and I gave a speech about my budget and how I felt we needed to invest in education and infrastructure, making sure we have a strong safety net for our seniors.

“During that entire week the dominant news story wasn’t about these huge monumental choices, but about my birth certificate.

“I just want to make a larger point here. We’ve got some enormous challenges out there. There are a lot of folks who are still looking for work. Everybody is still suffering under high gas prices. We’re going to have to make a series of very difficult decisions about how we invest in our future, but also get a hold of our deficit and our debt.

“This is going to generate huge debates and there are going to be fierce disagreements. I am confident that American people and America’s political leaders can come together and solve these problems.

“But we’re not going to be able to do it if we are distracted. We are not going to be able to do it if we vilify each other.”

Then in an apparent reference to Donald Trump and the so-called “birthers,” Obama declared: “We’re not going to be able to do it if we just make stuff up and pretend that facts are not facts, not going to be able to solve our problems if we get distracted by side shows and carnival barkers.

“I have every confidence that America in the 21st century is going to come out on top, but we’re going to have to get serious to do it.

“I know there’s going to be a segment of people who, no matter what we put up, this issue will not be put to rest. But I’m speaking to the vast majority of the American people. We do not have time for this kind of story. I’ve got better stuff to do.”

On Sunday, Rev. Franklin Graham added his voice to those who have been calling for Obama to release his full birth certificate, saying: "He can solve this whole birth certificate issue pretty quickly."

But the release of the president’s birth certificate is not likely to silence critics who have called on Obama to release other official documents. The critics — many of whom never bought into birther claims that he was born outside the U.S. — still note a pattern of secrecy surrounding much of Obama’s life before he entered politics.

They note that Obama has never unveiled many key documents that presidential candidates release to the press and public.

For example:
• During the presidential campaign, Obama released just one brief document detailing his personal health, while GOP opponent John McCain released what he said was his complete medical file totaling more than 1,500 pages. The Obama campaign eventually released some routine lab-test results and electrocardiograms for Obama.

• Obama refused to offer his official papers as a state legislator in Illinois and did not produce correspondence, such as letters from lobbyists and other information, from his days in the Illinois State Senate.

• Obama did not release his client list as an attorney or his billing records.

• Obama declined to release his college records from Occidental College, where he studied for two years before transferring to Columbia University.

• Obama’s campaign refused to give Columbia University, where he earned an undergraduate degree in political science, permission to release his transcripts. Such transcripts would list the courses Obama took, and his grades.

• Obama’s college dissertation, reportedly titled “Soviet Nuclear Disarmament,” has disappeared from Columbia’s archives.

• Obama did not agree to the release of his application to the Illinois state bar, which would clear up intermittent allegations that his application to the bar may have been inaccurate.

• Obama has not released records from his time at Harvard Law School.
Ironically, during his campaign for president, Obama promised he would make his White House “the most open and transparent administration in history.”

http://www.newsmax.com/Headline/APNe...mo_code=C2AA-1
Old 04-28-2011, 07:15 AM
SOS Associate

I think this is another case in which information will be metered out a little out a time, and purposely so. As to why, I think my earlier supposition was primarily correct. The border, and national boundaries are not supposed to be recognized, and as such, requirements that call for that are being dismissed. To ask for documents that prove someone is a citizen bolsters the national identity/borders doctrine. His providing them doesn't weaken my theory that much, when he also decries the silliness of the issue. It's the "silliness" of national identity that he's promoting
Old 04-28-2011, 08:03 AM

This was the main constitutional issue to resolve.

I rejct his characterization of the office of the President and the Constitution as being "silly'. That makes him no different from 'a goddam peice of paper'.

There are other issues for a natural born citizen but they are not his to bear. According to wikipedia, 'natural born citizen' applies to the place of birth, not the parents.
Old 04-28-2011, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rs232c View Post

There are other issues for a natural born citizen but they are not his to bear. According to wikipedia, 'natural born citizen' applies to the place of birth, not the parents.
I haven't read the entry, but it sounds like Wikipedia is wrong on this one. "Natural born citizen" is all about parents. If both your parents are not US citizens, then you are not a US citizen. Our current standards of birth right citizenship are a corruption of the way it is supposed to be. We have a sizeable population of people in this country falsely claiming US citizenship.

The whole "birther" debate about where the Obamination was born is a straw dog. We know his father was not a US citizen.
Old 04-28-2011, 01:44 PM

Morally compromised, evil people are the loudest to say, "Let's move on."

I reviewed his long form Birth certificate and it's a complete fraud. It has the same certification number as the COLB. That certification number is phony because it is higher than valid birth certificates that were registered later by the Dept. of Health. Numbers go forward, not backward. It is a fraud.
Old 04-29-2011, 09:06 AM

Obama has just opened the door to a further inquiry of his status and to renewed claims for him to release other documents for scrutiny.

Questions surrounding Obama's citizenship status are ramping up.
There is no place for this man to run to or hide.

The best he could do is to claim that he is black and that he is being subjected to unfair treatment due to the color of his skin.
Old 04-30-2011, 09:01 AM
Patriotic Pragmatic

I just wrote a new song about this issue. It's called "17 layers of lies"
:P
it's funny how those most aggresive of neo-con warhawks, refuse to acknowledge the war of invasion at our border. It almost seems as if they're worried about defending an entirely different country than our own.
it's time to put America first.

SMASH THE REDS! LIBERAL PROGRESSIVES: FLEE!

Arizona has spoken. Will America listen?