Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > General Discussion

General Discussion Topics of a general nature not relative to any other specific section here

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 10-25-2010, 07:08 PM

Default HILARIOUS Barbara Boxer Parody by David Zucker

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixiYZ...layer_embedded
Old 10-26-2010, 03:08 PM

Interesting talking point and I learned a thing or two.

I had no objection to her being addressed as Senator but then found out the military did not break protocol in calling her Ma'am.

When I re-viewed her statement I missed her saying 'title' the first few times I saw it. That's a mis-statement as titles are illegal under COTUS and the crux of the butt of the jokes for poor word choice. A president is addressed as Mr. President for life, and I have no issue with that, but isn't a title.

As a non-military citizen (what's up with my hyphens today?) addressing someone their proper salutation of Your Honor, Mr. President, Senator, Congressman, Mayor or Mr./Mrs./Ms for educators and so forth I have no issue with and isn't the point in what she says.

The point is she said 'title'. One bad word choice and look how far it's gone. I should ever be so lucky as to craft words correctly myself but live and learn.
Old 10-27-2010, 07:53 AM

I thought the video was funny however, calling a woman Ma'am to me sounds like she is the Ma'am of a bunch of prostiutes. If you ever meet me and do not know my name, please ask me.