Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > The Media

The Media Topics and information relating to the Media (publications, television, press, first amendment issues, etc) of interest to SOS Associates and Users

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 12-25-2013, 04:59 PM

Default "Journalism"

I've seen this interview before, which I had forgotten about.

Bill O'Reilly, whom I used to detest and now have a grudging respect for, was on tonight on a Christmas rerun of a past segment interviewing Ted Koppel.

The part I liked best was when Koppel said that the media is a business, and said that once upon a time both he himself and O'Reilly thought journalism was a calling. O'Reilly, as I recall, didn't have a response - at that moment Koppel and O'Reilly were sleeping in the same bed and they both knew it.

Such truth for a media full of shameless whores who have sold themselves mostly to the far left and also (to a far less degree) to the far political right.

There is an old 19th century quote (Samuel Clemens - Mark Twain?) to the effect that those who don't read newspapers are ignorant and those who do are less informed than the ignorant population who don't. I don't remember the exact quote, but I do remember it was a perfect riposte and perfectly applicable today concerning so called "journalism".

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.

Last edited by ilbegone; 12-26-2013 at 07:54 AM.
Old 12-26-2013, 10:44 AM

O"Reilly is mostly bla, bla, bla. I think he likes listening to himself. I wish he could be voted out, but he was never voted in. I don't have cable news on my tv so I don't watch him. I don't have FOX Cable, CNN or MSNBC, but I don't miss them. I do get local news. What I do miss is CSPAN, but without a digital TV and no receiver box I'm out of luck on that. I get most of my info by this cute little laptop that I'm typing on. (Thankyou) I do my own research and with some firsthand experience I am generally pointed in the right direction.