Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > Associates in Action

Associates in Action SOS associates may propose events, activities and projects in the pursuit of our agenda.

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 12-31-2009, 01:32 PM

This thread is for talking points. What we need are facts with numbers and data that can be used by those attending if asked why they are there. We don't want anyone talking to the media except those designated to do so. Which will be those who are speaking at the rally. Another suggestion is that Naui is to be completely ignored, and I mean completely.
Old 12-31-2009, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoller View Post

I think it is a poor strategy to confront personalities at public rallies, especially when all they represent is some leadership in some opposition organization.
It might be percieved that way, but I'm not really interested in a personal attack.

The idea is to show the disconnect with reality on an average person's level.

Murguia doesn't seem to me to have much more of a personal connection with contemporary illegals than I do - her background, parents emphasizing education, accomplishments, all that high dollar traveling, the style in which she lives, where she lives...

She doesn't wait for the bus on Roscoe and Van Nuys at six o clock every morning.

And her parents might have even emphasized English - like some Hispanics of older families I know. One of her degrees is in Spanish Language. Why go through all that trouble if she was fluent and not obsessed about race equaling culture, language, and the rest of it?

Her background is not typical of the average child of illegal aliens over the last thirty years or so. What does she really know about the grit of the contemporary barrio? I don't believe she has time in her schedule to do more than listen to a few hyped stories and shake hands while kissing two or three baby's, then it's off to the next speech, fund gathering, or political arm twisting.

And yet her major preoccupation is about race and victimization concerning people whose Mexico is not the Mexico of her parent's memories. And the memories of any of those people are not her memories, she's just borrowing second hand perception as well as borrowing foreign nationality.

An extensive education, an obsessed life mission, and political connections out the wazoo.

She might have been on a totally different path in life if it had been not been for Mecha and Chicano studies in her education.

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.

Last edited by ilbegone; 12-31-2009 at 06:07 PM.
Old 12-31-2009, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilbegone View Post
It might be percieved that way, but I'm not really interested in a personal attack.

The idea is to show the disconnect with reality on an average person's level.

Murguia doesn't seem to me to have much more of a personal connection with contemporary illegals than I do - her background, parents emphasizing education, accomplishments, all that high dollar traveling, the style in which she lives, where she lives...

An extensive education, an obsessed life mission, and political connections out the wazoo.

She might have been on a totally different path in life if it had been not been for Mecha and Chicano studies in her education.
"We clean your toilets." Right? They should have said "They clean our toilets. And there is no way we are going to clean our own."

It sounds like you are making observations about her and illegals that are a closs parallel to Obama and African Americans. It's almost like there is a pattern or template.

But is Marguia really a good talking point for this rally, or any rally? Is this really a defensive reaction against all this strife we have been hearing from the Minutemen and SOS itself? That might be a little shallow and obvious.
Old 12-31-2009, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoller View Post
"We clean your toilets." Right? They should have said "They clean our toilets. And there is no way we are going to clean our own."

It sounds like you are making observations about her and illegals that are a closs parallel to Obama and African Americans. It's almost like there is a pattern or template.

But is Marguia really a good talking point for this rally, or any rally? Is this really a defensive reaction against all this strife we have been hearing from the Minutemen and SOS itself? That might be a little shallow and obvious.
It's not my rally nor am I desiring to hijack the theme of a rally. Nor is it my purpose to hijack this thread or get in a pissing match with you about it.

There are quite a few facts and figures I have presented in the past concerning education of the children of illegals and other situations concerning illegals. The organizer of the rally moved them from another site to this site.

It's a rally concerning illegal immigration, not Murguia. No one has to even bring up Murguia's name. However, even though disconnected from the reality of illegal immigration, she nevertheless sees much of what we do - with a whacked out race based solution which is unworkable and wastes my tax dollars.

Murgia is also an example of how obsession for a cause defeats the desired results of a cause. There's lots of answers to questions one could derive from Murguia and those like her, including their quotes.

You completely lost me on the bit about strife, and this is not the thread to be bringing it up.

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.

Last edited by ilbegone; 12-31-2009 at 09:24 PM.
Old 01-01-2010, 03:41 PM

I think it is important to speak firmly, aggressively and without apology for America's right to exist and defend itself against foreign invasion. Too many Americans have a whiny, apologetic tone. Try these:

"Illegal aliens are criminals who broke the law to take jobs, heathcare and education from American citizens. They are are transforming American cities into Mexican slums. Americans have a moral and legal right to defend American civilization from this destruction by people who have no right to be here."

"Illegal aliens should work hard creating a better life in their own land, not coming here and ruining ours."

"America has a right to exist and defend itself against foreign invasion. America has have as much right to defend against a Mexican invasion today as it did against threatened German and Japanese invasions in WW2. America was not obligated to surrender to Japan or Germany because most Japanese and Germans are 'hardworking people who want a better life.' America is not obligated to surrender to Mexican conquest today. "

"Illegal aliens are taking American jobs, bankrupting American Hospitals, degrading American public schools, and transforming American cities into filthy stinking Mexican slums. Illegal aliens are invaders who have no legal right to be here. They already have their own country and they should respect our right to have ours."

"Mexico is a large wealthy country and it's wrong to force American workers to pay taxes to care for Mexican refugees."
Old 01-01-2010, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Another suggestion is that Naui is to be completely ignored, and I mean completely.
That should be rule #1.
Old 01-01-2010, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rim05 View Post
That should be rule #1.
Yes Rimo, you're correct, so it is now rule number 1.

Official rule number 1 is Naui is to be completely ignored, no if ands or buts.
Old 01-02-2010, 04:13 AM

ATTA GIRL JEAN. First New Years Rule.
Old 01-02-2010, 07:21 AM

If you can't resist from repeating the little roach's name, then you are not ignoring him.
Old 01-02-2010, 09:12 AM

Agreed! I hope we can get everyone else to not speak a word to that damned butt bug!