Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > Associates in Action

Associates in Action SOS associates may propose events, activities and projects in the pursuit of our agenda.

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 03-05-2011, 08:54 AM
SOS Associate

Default SOS to Counter Protest Student Pro-Tax Increase Event

Save Our State to counter-protest at student pro-taxation event in Sac

Good day everyone,

Students from across the state will be marching to the state capitol on Monday, March 14th to lobby against education cuts and fee increases. Nobody wants cuts of course, however these protests are aimed at also supporting the extended tax increases proposed by Brown's administration and democrat lawmakers inside the capitol. In addition, these marches have also traditionally linked themselves to the DREAM act legislation inside the capitol which supports illegal alien benefits. Save Our State is organizing a counter-protest of this event, and the thrust of our effort will be at educating the kids about the incredible amount of taxpayer money that goes towards educating illegals and the children of illegals. Our aim is to offer an alternative to education cuts for American students, and that is to support legislation that keeps taxpayer funds for citizens only. In addition, we will be pointing out to them that the we oppose the exhorbitant salaries being siphoned off by school administrators.

The place we hope to be counter-protesting is 9th street at Capitol ave, in the center divide lawn area on the western side of 9th street, This places us to one side of the school marchers with Capitol ave as a buffer.
The march is scheduled for 10:00 am, and to end at the state capitol sometime around noon.
I want to stress that I have notified the city authorities as to our plans, and although they have been pretty compliant in the past, the use of that area is not assured yet, since there may be road closures by the police and/or CHP
I will issue advisories about this by tomorrow.

I also want to stress that we don't want to generate hostility towards these kids. We want to reach out to them with signs and words to convey our thoughts about the evils of increased taxes, and support for illegals

If you can make it, please contact me

Davi@SaveOurState.info

Here is the permit for the students:

Quote:
Start Date: 3/14/2011 End Date: 3/14/2011
Permit#: 2010-0666 Status: Approved
Organization: California State Student Association
Activity:College Students will march from Activity Items: ***Follow Up Needed***
Raley Field to the State Capitol to
rally for higher education.
Speakers may include students,
administrators, and legislators.
Setup Time: 8 :00 AM Start 11:00 AM End 1 :30 PM
Comments: *** Must contact West Sac PD & Sacramento PD for permits for the event to take place.***
Admitted illegal alien student body president Pedro Ramirez is plugging this event, and it's a sure thing it will include DREAM act proponents. I'll be organizing a counter protest in a strategic location that I hope to get approval for early next week.
Our message will be clear, and in line with our main agenda:
Tax Dollars are being gobbled up by illegals in our schools. If you want taxpayer support; quit supporting giving our money to illegals!

Last edited by admin; 03-10-2011 at 09:49 AM.
Old 03-05-2011, 02:03 PM

Awesome!!! I wish you were nearer. I would most definitely join you.
Be safe and as always please take a little video or do a few interviews for SOS Radio.

Last edited by Eagle1; 03-05-2011 at 02:04 PM. Reason: Don't want to be considered illiterate, though I am!
Old 03-14-2011, 04:07 PM
SOS Associate

I arrived at our protest station a little late, but quite well before the march,

It was raining unfortunately, so kept stuff in plastic 'till the last minute. I brought two 4' x 2' signs that read:

SCHOOLS YES
ILLEGALS NO

and

CUT ILLEGALS
NOT SCHOOLS

I made rope sections and hung the signs from my neck, and carried fliers in my hand. I also set up our SOS sign nearby, and kept the camera on the tripod. Unfortunately the camera got wet, and did not capture but a few seconds of video before shorting out. I kept the umbrella over it, but that was not enough apparently

I was joined by another conscript just prior to the students coming into view. He video taped as I yelled out our position, and displayed the signs. Overall we were not received well, as there were numerous insults, obscenities, and gestures. The crowd was heavily stacked with pro-illegals. DREAM act kids were propelling this event. Some of them got pretty close, and even screamed while I tried to communicate. Eventually the crowd passed us, and things quieted down.
after that, Dan, the other conscript, left to take more video in other locations. He offered to give me a ride, but I stayed to pass out fliers and catch the return crowd. When the event was over, the crowds filtered back and there was some further yelling. Then a more challenging group crossed the street, and began screaming, threatening, and throwing small objects. There were about 10 in all, but out that 5 or 6 were your little shithead variety. They moved in close range and circled to my sides. They started destroying my signs, tried to take all the fliers, and one of those disgusting little retarded punks spit on me. I lost my temper and began retaliating, grabbing the pepper spray from my side and preparing to use it. As I did, one swung at me, but in a half-assed fashion that was probably meant as show. I pushed him and another back using the metal sign like a plow. The cops came over and sent the little devil kids on their way.
There were other encounters, even some with self-admitted illegals who disavowed actions like the previous ones.

Now the good news. There is life out there! I actually got some thumbs up from the kids, and had a few small groups of them come over and say they support us. This is precisely what I was hoping to accomplish here. So the indoctrination is not complete, nor absolute.

The bad news is, my old camera looks like it has reached the end. It's probably a short from the rain. All the video I thought I took is lost, or never taken. My partner got some, but he's pretty new at this, so I'll work on helping him get it in print. The other thing is, the little hand held SOS sign was trampled, as was one of the 4' x 2' ones. It's metal, so the frame is fine, but the backing is gone. I also discovered I stepped on the umbrella in the scuffle and broke that

That's the news for now. I had a few discussions with the usual suspects that produced the usual ramblings of how immigrants built everything...how it was their land, how everyone is an immigrant, and how I'm a hateful, racist, bigot etc, etc, etc,
But they did take fliers today; event the shitheads
Old 03-14-2011, 09:58 PM

Nice work on a good idea Davi.

Just because the camera is shorted out doesn't mean the media is bad. If it's a tape, you just need a second machine to play it back. If it's an SD card, then again, just another machine should be able to read it. And you can get SD readers for computers as well. Ask around.
Old 03-14-2011, 10:27 PM
SOS Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoller View Post
Nice work on a good idea Davi.

Just because the camera is shorted out doesn't mean the media is bad. If it's a tape, you just need a second machine to play it back. If it's an SD card, then again, just another machine should be able to read it. And you can get SD readers for computers as well. Ask around.
No; there was only two little files on the damn thing after a 20 minute video. It said it was recording, but it wasn't.

The other guy got some video, but he doesn't know hot to extract and upload. He sent me some files, but they appear to only be the sound files
I'll work on it tomorrow.
Old 03-15-2011, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayatollahgondola View Post
No; there was only two little files on the damn thing after a 20 minute video. It said it was recording, but it wasn't.

The other guy got some video, but he doesn't know hot to extract and upload. He sent me some files, but they appear to only be the sound files
I'll work on it tomorrow.
What is the model and make of this camera? You say there were just two little files? How big are they? Have you been unable to record anything else?
Old 03-15-2011, 11:22 AM
SOS Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoller View Post
What is the model and make of this camera? You say there were just two little files? How big are they? Have you been unable to record anything else?
The camera is gone. It won't even fire up now. The files were on the chip, and they are not very big, and I downloaded them by sticking the chip in the computer.
It's a sony dcr-hc 32
Old 03-15-2011, 04:35 PM

If you know that it got real wet, you might give it a week or so to dry out. The water gets caught in odd places and is hard to dry out and effects the circuitry. Is there really no evidence of any kind of functioning at all? Does it act like it is powering up? Do you get a screen display?

If you want to give up on it, don't throw it out, I'd be happy to take it off your hands and see if I can do something with it.
Old 03-26-2011, 07:40 AM
SOS Associate

The guy who was with me at this event still has the video shot from his camera, and we're hoping we can meet up sunday so I can borrow the chip. I sure hate it when we have an event and the documentatiion from it is delayed.
Old 03-26-2011, 07:47 AM

What's the latest on the state of your own video camera? Has drying out changed its performance any?