Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > Associates in Action

Associates in Action SOS associates may propose events, activities and projects in the pursuit of our agenda.

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 12-18-2010, 01:22 PM
SOS Associate

Default Proposal For An SOS Flagpole Event

I'm sure by now everyone knows there has been another death of a Border Patrol agent, and since we already have established a history of commemorating BP agents Killed in the line of duty, I am proposing another commemoration using our golden flagpole, with the BP and American flag flown at half mast. We have a few places we can hold the event:

Right in front of the ICE office/Federal building. there's a grassy area that divides Capitol ave, and gets a bit of traffic as people come from hwy 80 to the state capitol. The antiwar people held one event there already, so I'm sure we can get a permit

The state capitol of course. Using same location we held the AZ flag event.
They're always glad to see us there

In front of City hall here. Might also be good to rub the city's nose in the AZ boycott from earlier this year. I'm thinking we could get a permit to place it right in the quad area. That might be sweet

The sidewalk in front of the federal courthouse here. It's also home to our congresswench and senatewench's office

There's also spots on the sidewalk in front of univision, or another one of the Latino lobby's offices locally.

Input please
Old 12-27-2010, 10:17 AM
SOS Associate

We'll be doing three events up here in sac, one each day with prospective dates of January 11th, 12, and 13th if I can get the permits by that time
Old 12-28-2010, 07:38 AM

Sounds like a great idea. My sister who is in immigration, was not commenting on this at all! She said she read about the man in a memo. A memo!? She should have been furious!
Old 12-28-2010, 09:11 PM

While I hope to be back on my pre-break schedule by then, I will see what I can do to join you.
Old 12-29-2010, 09:36 AM
SOS Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by CitaDeL View Post
While I hope to be back on my pre-break schedule by then, I will see what I can do to join you.
Hey! That'd be great. The events will be all day long, and over three days, so there will be ample opportunity for participation for those willing and able.