Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > General Discussion

General Discussion Topics of a general nature not relative to any other specific section here

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 12-30-2009, 10:23 AM

Default Minutemen Founder Faces Another Defamation Lawsuit

http://www.10news.com/news/22085919/detail.html

SAN DIEGO -- The founder of the San Diego Minutemen is facing more legal problems, 10News reported.

Jeff Schwilk is the focus of another defamation lawsuit that will be filed next week. In May, a jury decided he helped defame activist Joanne Yoon and was fined more than $130,000. A jury found Schwilk e-mailed members links to a Web site that called her vulgar names and implied Yoon was a prostitute.

Recently, another e-mail to Minutemen members allegedly defaming Yoon was obtained by her attorney, Dan Gilleon.

We're surprised Jeff would be this stupid to do this again," said Gilleon.

The e-mail discusses Yoon, and then ends with a Web link and a statement: "Ironically, a video has surfaced recently on YouTube of Joanne Yoon admitting she is a prostitute and a hooker." The Web link leads to the video with a young Asian woman laughingly claiming she's a prostitute and a hooker.

Gilleon said, "There's no doubt he's connecting my client with the woman in the video. This shows how childish Jeff is. No, that's not Joanne Yoon, my client. The law says this is defamatory -- period.

Next week, Gilleon said he will file another lawsuit against Schwilk and will ask for $1.3 million this time.

"He's already been told by a jury that you can't do this. He's basically thumbing his nose at the jury and the law," said Gilleon.

In a written statement, Schwilk vowed to fight what he called a "false allegation" and a "malicious … harassing lawsuit."

As for the assertion the woman in the video is not Yoon, Schwilk said, "The public can decide if she is telling the truth."

10News learned Yoon, who now lives in Bakersfield, is very disturbed by the recent e-mail and simply wants Schwilk to leave her alone.
Old 12-30-2009, 11:09 AM

Well, well, well, very interesting. Some people just love to attract attention, no matter what the cost.
Old 12-31-2009, 08:10 AM
SOS Associate

Jeff has lost all credibility with me. Who can ever trust when he's telling the truth anymore when he constantly makes unsubstantiated ridiculous statements like you see on his "Patriot Warnings" section of the SDMM website.

I don't know this Yoon person, and while I'm certain the reason she initially drew the ire of Schwilk's ilk was related to our cause, it certainly has devolved out of our realm by now. He seems more fixated on her than what should be reasonably allowed by the people in our movement, and the sexual innuendo, a common theme for him, is way out of line from our standards. Anyone want to start a pool as to what month the Nightingale campaign formally disavows him? I know she's pretty supportive of him in the past, having once stated "Jeff would have been a great leader for SOS", but there's going to come a time where his liability is going to hang pretty heavy around her neck.
Old 12-31-2009, 08:15 AM

This type of stuff doesn't help us out in anyway. It's a shame.
Old 12-31-2009, 04:44 PM
"SZinWestLA"

Again, I'll repeat my observation from a few weeks ago -

Jeff Schwilk blustering on and making all manner of boisterous assertions from behind his laptop keyboard. Exactly how many of you find this out of character or surprising?
Old 01-01-2010, 07:28 AM
SOS Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerailAmnesty.com View Post
Again, I'll repeat my observation from a few weeks ago -

Jeff Schwilk blustering on and making all manner of boisterous assertions from behind his laptop keyboard. Exactly how many of you find this out of character or surprising?
It may not be out of character for him, but I think we need to express that it is out of character for the majority of activists within the movement, and especially not in line with the associates and management of Save Our State. I agree we should not engage in an exchange with him as that has little merit, having been proven in previous examples of Gilchrist vs Nightingale, Gilchrist vs Gheen, Schwilk vs .....well, just about anyone who won't goose step to Nightingale. However, if we instead address the reasonable people in this audience, and the hopeful conscripts of, we could ask them to disregard that which doesn't befit our cause and is beneath our standards.
Old 01-01-2010, 03:53 PM

It is so sad the different twists and turns of our movement

Gheen hates Spencer , Spencer is buds with Simcox , Chelene is dirt here, Gilcrest is a moron , and yet he still gets Fox appearances,

Amazing how we are shooting outselves in the foot

I am still trying to figure out how any of you expect to win this thing
Old 01-01-2010, 06:21 PM
SOS Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by usa today View Post
Amazing how we are shooting outselves in the foot

I am still trying to figure out how any of you expect to win this thing
Maybe you could tell us what you would do
Old 01-02-2010, 04:19 AM

Quote:
Maybe you could tell us what you would do
Old 01-02-2010, 08:30 AM

it happens in quite a few instances that when the egos of individuals become larger in their mind than a common cause and those people lose respect for themselves and those around them the the cause at hand suffers.

But that doesn't mean that all is lost.

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.