Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > Elections, Politics, and Partisanship

Elections, Politics, and Partisanship Topics relating to politics, elections, or party affiliations of interests to SOS associates

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 11-02-2010, 09:06 PM

Default This Is IT! Going to Leave California ASAP!

The land of fruits and nuts re-elected Moonbeam. It's time to abandon California to the Libtards and illegals. We'll be looking to get out of California as soon as possible. Maybe New Mexico?
Old 11-02-2010, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PochoPatriot View Post
The land of fruits and nuts re-elected Moonbeam. It's time to abandon California to the Libtards and illegals. We'll be looking to get out of California as soon as possible. Maybe New Mexico?
If you can just pack up and go whenever you want, why didn't you leave a long time ago? A lot of people have neither the money nor the leisure to relocate on the foibles of who wins an election.

This is going to be interesting. Brown was elected by a bunch of people who were not even born yet the last time he was governor. They are going to be even more disappointed in Brown then they are in the Obamination. Confounding Brown will be easier than confounding Obama.

Ah-nold's constituency was liberal, but won't admit it. Brown's constituency is conservative, but won't admit it. What they both have in common, nobody will admit.

Notice Proposition 19 was defeated by the same voters.

Anyone who is demoralized by Brown winning this election never had a grip on what was and is going in the first place.
Old 11-03-2010, 12:29 AM

I have a clue.

A demented, anti-business legislature: removal of the super majority required to raise taxes; and Moonbeam, the former governor who opposed prop 13 - the proposition which kept old people from losing their houses to the taxman.

It will ultimately be "interesting" only to those who milk the system, that is, until the system crashes.

I suppose it's "interesting" that Boxer and Reid has another term in the senate as well.

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.

Old 11-03-2010, 04:50 AM

Default Election news from New York.

Well, we didn't make out too well.

Andrew Cuomo trounced Carl Paladino badly for Governor.

Both Senators, Chuck Schumer and Kirsten Gillibrand were re-elected. Gillibrand replaced Hillary Clinton.

All are flaming liberals/Democrats. Perhaps the only thing good is that David Paterson, the blind African American, is gone. Cuomo can't be as bad as he was.

Locally Congressman Eliot Engle was re-elected again. He has a grade report card of F- minus on just about ever issue.

Lamentable we have just too many of the wrong kind of people living here in NY. And that we share with California. Both states also are overrun with illegal aliens and both are running big deficits. Ours is $9 billion.

But I'm not moving. I'll just hunker down and wait it out as usual.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Move to New Mexico ? Isn't Bill Richardson the Governor there ? How could he be better than Moonbeam.
Old 11-03-2010, 07:20 AM
"SZinWestLA"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilbegone View Post
I have a clue.

A demented, anti-business legislature: removal of the super majority required to raise taxes; and Moonbeam, the former governor who opposed prop 13 - the proposition which kept old people from losing their houses to the taxman.

It will ultimately be "interesting" only to those who milk the system, that is, until the system crashes.

I suppose it's "interesting" that Boxer and Reid has another term in the senate as well.
Yes, Californians have greased the rails to speed up the state's imminent demise.

Quite frankly, given the financial devastation of this state - in terms of what is owed and what industries have been lost (not to mention the taxpayers who had those jobs and left the state), I'm not sure an election could alter the course.

Without a doubt, "Reagan Country" is long gone. It has been replaced by a left-of-center constituency that unfailingly votes for those who hand out freebies and taxpayer funded goodies.

The only question becomes, who will be left to foot the bill for DWP retirement packages, universal pre-school, financial aid for illegal alien college students, etc?

Last edited by DerailAmnesty.com; 11-03-2010 at 07:23 AM.
Old 11-03-2010, 07:37 AM

Ron Paul has said that nothing substantial will change until the collapse of the dollar and massive civil unrest. People will not confront reality until that happens. I believe he's right.

Study the financial collapse of Argentina a decade ago. A corrupt elite mortgaged the country in much the same way as our elite. The bankers came in and asset stripped the country. Now I hear that Obama's administration is talking about nationalizing 401(K)'s and IRA's. This happened in Argentina. This is the equivalent of a country being foreclosed upon by creditors.
Old 11-03-2010, 08:41 AM

Thumbs down Califronia is surely dust

It will soon be broker than ever, Many business will leave , unemployment will rise greatly, They aren't the smartest cookies in the box
Old 11-03-2010, 01:38 PM

If I could I'd get out. It's more impossible now than it was even a few months ago but anyone with any wisdom and wherewithall should get out now.

It isn't only who was elected. Certainly Moonbeam is a tragedy, Gavin Newsome a worse tragedy and Kamala Harris (if she finally gets it) a catastrophe. It's the failure to repeal AB32 that will well and surely do this state in.
Old 11-03-2010, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wetibbe View Post
Move to New Mexico ? Isn't Bill Richardson the Governor there ? How could he be better than Moonbeam.
Not any more. They elected a Latina Republican. Her opponent, err, enemy, was Richardson's Lt. Governor.
Old 11-03-2010, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoller View Post
If you can just pack up and go whenever you want, why didn't you leave a long time ago? A lot of people have neither the money nor the leisure to relocate on the foibles of who wins an election.
My wife and I have been wanting to get out of California for quite a while (going back to 2002), however, circumstances mitigated against the move. So this is not some whim, or solely based on this election. I have lived in southern California since 1987, and I have seen the utter race to the sewer that the liberals are engaged in. This state is done. It is going to sink, and nothing will change that fact. The question is whether one wants to go down with the ship or get out as soon as possible.