Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > Elections, Politics, and Partisanship

Elections, Politics, and Partisanship Topics relating to politics, elections, or party affiliations of interests to SOS associates

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 10-23-2010, 06:09 AM

Default Lets make a deal !!!

Tell ya what. I'll challenge you Californians to arm wrestling to determine which state, New York or California, has the worst candidates !!

Historically Governor Eliot Spitzer was a rough cob that called himself a "fxxxxxx steam roller". He was prosecuting everyone is sight. Then the Feds caught him cavorting with prostitutes and he resigned. Then the Lieutenant Governor David A.Paterson, who is a legally blind liberal negro, took office to finish out Spitzers term.

The Democratic candidate is Andrew Cuomo, son of Marion Cuomo formed Governor of NY, a flaming liberal. The Republican is Carl Paladino, a multi-millionaire businessman from Buffalo who looks and sounds like a Mafia Godfather. He has NO background in office, never held a position in Government. We don't know anything about him except that he talks tough.

So I'll hold my nose and vote for Paladino and keep my fingers crossed.

Most of you will do the same thing and vote for Meg Whitman. If she follows true to form as soon as she takes office she will renege on campaign promises and flip flop over to the right side. *( Don't they all ? ).

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y14...idPaterson.jpg

David Paterson *( Holding up a sign { upside down } !!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by wetibbe; 10-23-2010 at 06:21 AM.
Old 10-23-2010, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wetibbe View Post

Most of you will do the same thing and vote for Meg Whitman. If she follows true to form as soon as she takes office she will renege on campaign promises and flip flop over to the right side. *( Don't they all ? ).

As long as people continue to vote for the lesser of two evils, then that is all they are going to get, the lesser of two evils. Until people stand up for the right to reject both candidates, then they are only going to get the product of the "two party system" which is always going to be bad or worse. And it doesn't matter where you find yourself in the bogus "liberal" versus "conservative" debate. All you have to chose from is tweedledum and tweedledee.
Old 10-23-2010, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoller View Post
As long as people continue to vote for the lesser of two evils, then that is all they are going to get, the lesser of two evils. Until people stand up for the right to reject both candidates, then they are only going to get the product of the "two party system" which is always going to be bad or worse. And it doesn't matter where you find yourself in the bogus "liberal" versus "conservative" debate. All you have to chose from is tweedledum and tweedledee.
This is absolutely correct.

Harry Reid of Nevada, with the "none of the above box" option on the ballot, could still be reelected Senator even if "none of the above" votes outnumber "Harry Reid" votes.

It would be much better to have a rejection box which, if receiving the majority vote, would trigger a mandate for a new election with all the previous candidates disqualified and incumbents for a particular office on the ballot immediately removed from office. No lame duck poisoning of the well.

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.

Last edited by ilbegone; 10-23-2010 at 07:32 AM.
Old 10-23-2010, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayatollahgondola View Post
Sums up my sentiments too
Nobody is geared up for the possibility that Brown may win? Why is there no worse possible scenario to confront? What is everybody going to do if Brown wins, just curl up, stick your thumb in your mouth and hope it all goes away? Plans should be in place now for what to do if Brown gets in.

This is just like the Obamination. We are coming to the end of the second year of the little rat in the whitehouse. The notion that he might pick up a second term is fading fast. If people had been more concerned about how to tackle him once he got in instead of how to compromise themselves in order to get somebody else in, his administration might be even weaker than it is now. But even now, all hopes seem to lie in getting the Republicans in as a reaction, when the Republicans haven't been any hope for the struggle against illegals at all. Certainly not in California.

This country was founded by irregulars, not by some mainstream political movement. This is where the real potential for power lies and it is the real seat of authority, even legally, in this country. Not some "two party system".
Old 10-23-2010, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Nobody is geared up for the possibility that Brown may win? Why is there no worse possible scenario to confront? What is everybody going to do if Brown wins, just curl up, stick your thumb in your mouth and hope it all goes away? Plans should be in place now for what to do if Brown gets in.

This is just like the Obamination. We are coming to the end of the second year of the little rat in the whitehouse. The notion that he might pick up a second term is fading fast. If people had been more concerned about how to tackle him once he got in instead of how to compromise themselves in order to get somebody else in, his administration might be even weaker than it is now. But even now, all hopes seem to lie in getting the Republicans in as a reaction, when the Republicans haven't been any hope for the struggle against illegals at all. Certainly not in California.

This country was founded by irregulars, not by some mainstream political movement. This is where the real potential for power lies and it is the real seat of authority, even legally, in this country. Not some "two party system".
What happened with Obama is that he was oblivious to the fact that if a person is unemployed the unemployment rate is 100% to that person.

Instead, Obama pushed far left party goals instead, taking rejection of Bush to be a mandate for his party's extreme far left agenda.

So, with things looking very bad for his party precisely due to his lack of appropriate focus, he is just now getting around to scrutinizing tax breaks to large corporations which encourage off shoring American jobs.

He's two years too late.

What sort of plans do you suggest for a Brown Goobernancy?

Unfortunately, things will have to get so bad driving off business and raising taxes that even those feeding at the public trough are fed up and rebel because the cash cow has been forcibly dried up, and Brown has nothing more to offer.

In the meantime, you will have all the other intolerable crap coming out of the California legislature which was only delayed by Schwartzenegger clogging up the works.

Will California recover in my lifetime? I'm not so sure of that.

It's my belief that this country was founded by a segment of Colonial elite, many of whom jockeyed for position and did some backstabbing as well after the revolution, not a rabble of wild eyed anarchists.

Hay burros en el maiz

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

Last edited by ilbegone; 10-23-2010 at 08:08 AM.
Old 10-23-2010, 08:09 AM

Those hoping that their vote for Whitman might have some meaning might consider another possibility. Democrats might very well cross party lines to vote for Whitman over Brown. There are plenty of Democrats who remember Brown when he governor before. Is everyone clear on the fact that Brown has already been governor of California once before? Not everyone who voted for him the last time are going to vote for him again. Notice that Brown is not campaigning on what he did the last time he was in office.

Let them put Whitman into office. Don't go on the record supporting somebody who doesn't support you.
Old 10-23-2010, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Those hoping that their vote for Whitman might have some meaning might consider another possibility. Democrats might very well cross party lines to vote for Whitman over Brown. There are plenty of Democrats who remember Brown when he governor before. Is everyone clear on the fact that Brown has already been governor of California once before? Not everyone who voted for him the last time are going to vote for him again. Notice that Brown is not campaigning on what he did the last time he was in office.

Let them put Whitman into office. Don't go on the record supporting somebody who doesn't support you.
Some might very well cross party lines both ways. And just how old are those who voted for Brown last time around? Who amongst all the registered voters actually remember Brown's previous Goobernatorial antics first hand?

It doesn't matter what a candidate campaigns on, it's what they do after the election.

Whitman will be a clog in the works, I believe Brown will be another Obama with a definite and solid legislative majority behind him.

Hay burros en el maiz

Don't drink and post.

Last edited by ilbegone; 10-23-2010 at 08:18 AM.
Old 10-23-2010, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Tell ya what. I'll challenge you Californians to arm wrestling to determine which state, New York or California, has the worst candidates !!

Historically Governor Eliot Spitzer was a rough cob that called himself a "fxxxxxx steam roller". He was prosecuting everyone is sight. Then the Feds caught him cavorting with prostitutes and he resigned. Then the Lieutenant Governor David A.Paterson, who is a legally blind liberal negro, took office to finish out Spitzers term.

The Democratic candidate is Andrew Cuomo, son of Marion Cuomo formed Governor of NY, a flaming liberal. The Republican is Carl Paladino, a multi-millionaire businessman from Buffalo who looks and sounds like a Mafia Godfather. He has NO background in office, never held a position in Government. We don't know anything about him except that he talks tough.

So I'll hold my nose and vote for Paladino and keep my fingers crossed.

Why do you think you need to tell us that David Patterson is a liberal NEGRO ? Do you think we are stupid?

You will vote for Paladino, even though he sounds like a Mifia God Father and has no experience. Great choice there fellow, you just keep it up and see where it gets you. I have heard Paladino speak and he is a real piece of work.
Good Luck to you.

With your attitude, I don't think CA needs any advice.
Old 10-23-2010, 08:27 AM

Quote:
I continue to wonder why we have such poor candidates? Seems there should be some qualified people out there.
I will do the best I can with my vote and that is all I can say. At this point I don't really see anyone better than what we have. I had such hope before the primary.
Old 10-23-2010, 11:51 AM

Default Answer:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited by wetibbe; 10-24-2010 at 03:36 AM.