Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > Associates in Action

Associates in Action SOS associates may propose events, activities and projects in the pursuit of our agenda.

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 11-12-2009, 04:36 PM

Next update on the permit.

I rec'd this email from Noonan

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: Nov 12, 2009 2:34 PM
Subject: RE: Sacramento Tea Parties Against Amnesty & Illegal Immigration
To: Ed Noonan <ednoonan7@gmail.com>

Ed - everything has been sent to Officer Troy (CHP) at the State Capitol and he responded. I filled out the application he sent and faxed it to him. I recieved confirmation from him that he recieved it and he told be to let him know if we had any anti-protesters at the event. I, in turn, asked for a number to call as I listed your cell and my cell as those who would be watching for trouble. We are to call the CHP dispatcher at 916-445-2895 in the event of problems.

Mike MacKenzie
530-272-4642
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
AG
Maybe you have dealt with this CHP officer before? maybe?
Old 11-12-2009, 05:03 PM
Administrator

officer Troy is the official State Capitol Permit officer.

I just posted the weekly permits issued from his office on the PDD site here:
http://publicdocumentdistributors.co...?p=486#post486

I did not see the permit listed on there however. It still may have been issued though. The CHP usually do what they can to accomodate people, even when late with requests. I'll contact them tomorrow
Old 11-12-2009, 06:21 PM

I checked the list that covers 11/14/09 and there is no one on the South steps that day so maybe it is being put through, like they said. I believe it was a late change.
Old 11-13-2009, 05:01 PM
"SZinWestLA"

Folks, if you don't show up in Pasadena tomorrow, I hope you take advantage of one of the other convenient locations. BTW, Waco Kid, it appears that the events closest to you are in Big Bear and Riverside.

http://www.againstamnesty.com
Old 11-14-2009, 07:14 AM
Love One Another.

I have SOS fliers ready and jumping up to have some coffee and heading out.
Old 11-14-2009, 07:17 AM
SOS Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papoose View Post
I have SOS fliers ready and jumping up to have some coffee and heading out.
(Bugle playing "Charge" in the background)
Old 11-14-2009, 02:34 PM
"SZinWestLA"

Great News! There is actually such a thing as an SOS Rally Squad!! It's not like Sasquatch or the Loch Ness Monster ... it really exists! Oddly, it just so happens that it has nothing to do with ArizonaPatriot.

Specifically, JeanfromFillmore, Ole Glory, Eagle1, LA_Phil, Papoose and Your Truly were all in attendance in front of Pasadena's City Hall.

Approximately 60 or 70 folks turned out, the police were great and the only goons who showed up were the non-violent kind (Naui and Veronica).

I've got some film that I shot with a new camera. Why do I mention this? Because it'll probably take me a bit longer than usual to edit it and upload it, as I am dealing with new software, etc.
Old 11-14-2009, 03:05 PM
SOS Associate

Well, I'm jealous of two things you have,

A new camera and slightly better turnout. There were less than fifty, but more than 20 up here in Sac. It was good either way. I met a few new folks, got re-acquainted with some others, and visited with still others that have been within our midst already, but we haven't met up recently.
The sun was shining, and everyone held discussions in smaller groups, but all united on the one front. I think the movement is rekindling. I passed out Kim's fliers until they were gone, and DARsacramento and I distributed tools of the activist trade to willing users. Clip strips to hang fliers on around town, and acrylic sign holders for use at events or similar venues. They gobbled them all up, and of course the only string attached was please consider SOS when searching for a platform for your activist needs.
We marched around the capitol with signs, stopping at one busy intersection to hold them up for passers-by for 15 minutes or more. Got lots of thumbs up and honks. I think the reception impressed or at least encouraged the more tenured activists in our group.
I wasn't able to take the billboard. When I showed up at the storage facility, it was blocked in by a truck and trailer. It's been so long since it was out, some new person probably wasn't aware it was a crucial piece of artillery for us. And no camera either. I'm not sure what the problem is with it other than it has been knocked out of my hands by irate day laborers, rained on during events, and overuse and age are certainly suspect too. In addition, my electric razor failed me with a half shaven face. I must have looked ridiculous to the ones with an eye for detail. Left my cell at home also.....hope none of you needed to hear from me.....
Some of that stuff I should be put on report over
Old 11-14-2009, 03:17 PM

I am so excited, can't wait to see pictures. It has been such a long time. I grappled with the idea of coming to Pasadena but thought better of it.
I am so glad to hear there was a good turn out. Did you have any media? I never seem to find any after an event anymore.
Thanks everyone.
Old 11-14-2009, 03:20 PM
SOS Associate

Univision was taking some footage of the one here, and I heard but did not see that one of the major networks up here came, but mainly because of the association with the TEA party