Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > Priority Topics Section > Immigration

Immigration Topics relating to the subject of US Immigration

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 05-02-2010, 01:45 PM

Default May Day Riots in Santa Cruz

May day riots in Santa Cruz.

"SANTA CRUZ - A large group of protesters demonstrating at a May Day rally for worker's and immigrant rights downtown broke off into a riot vandalizing about a dozen businesses around 10:30 p.m. Saturday, police said.
Many in the group were carrying makeshift torches as they marched, breaking storefront windows and writing "anarchist graffiti" on buildings, according to Capt. Steve Clark....'

http://www.santacruzsentinel.com/localnews/ci_14998618

What better place for rioting and burning than liberal, tolerant, open minded, inclusive Santa Cruz?
Old 05-02-2010, 02:33 PM

VIDEO-Anarchy Riot Santa Cruz Ca Mayday 2010
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pG63gn0BVjQ

comments :

Just a group of friendly immigrants winning friends and influencing votes.

It’s just 15 businesses damaged.No one was accused of saying the “N” word!

They just want a chance for peace and comfort in life for crying out loud. /s

So the tresspassers are also vandals. Not exactly a surprise.

This is why third world countries have remained that way...because of the mentality we are seeing displayed here by these criminals who believe they have a right to breach the sovereignty of a nation such as ours and then demand that we welcome them in and give them carte blanche, all the perks of formal citizenship in the country they have literally broken into!!

This IS NOT IMMIGRATION, folks! THIS IS AN ALL OUT INVASION and attempt at occupation, using violence against OUR citizens to achieve their goals!!!

According to this report, there was more violence and law breaking at this one rally than in the hundreds of Tea Party rallies combined.This needs to be shouted from the rooftops.

Did they clean up their trash after their demonstration?

Liberals are right this is like Nazi Germany.

Mexico is Germany and Arizona is Poland.

It took AN HOUR the cops to show up??They had to change out of their protest clothes

Tomorrow all the newspaper headlines will be scream, “HATE SPEECH FROM ILLEGAL ALIEN LEADERS SPARK VIOLENCE!” Mus...President Zero and former President Blow jo...er Clinton speak out against this type of rhetoric. /s

But it is not violence. There is no violence on the Left.

Last edited by Bri-M; 05-02-2010 at 02:47 PM.
Old 05-02-2010, 02:45 PM

Default The real root of politics for many ...

From that link:

Quote:

One person, 24-year-old Jimi Haynes, a transient from Fresno County, was arrested for felony vandalism for damaging a window. Haynes is also wanted on a parole violation, Clark said. Police are searching for others responsible for the damage. Protesters cleared the downtown area around midnight.

"Our entire team of investigators are processing the scene of violence for evidence," Clark said. "We will be looking at video available to try to ID who's responsible."

Haynes was observed traveling with this group and breaking windows at the Dell Williams Jewelry store. Haynes broke two large display windows in the front of the store. The witnesses followed him and called police. Haynes was located by arriving Watsonville PD officers who detained Haynes, Clark said.

Haynes is on parole out of Fresno County for burglary. He has been in Santa Cruz for the past several weeks where he has established an arrest history, Clark said. Haynes admitted to participating in the rally after receiving a flyer at a local anarchist café. Haynes was booked into Santa Cruz County Jail.

Old 05-02-2010, 02:46 PM

It also helps to remember that, like Berkeley, Santa Cruz is a University of California town, hosting UC Santa Cruz.
Old 05-03-2010, 01:25 PM

The day after:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uOczVP5qs0
Old 05-03-2010, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanfromfillmore View Post
Jean, did you notice in the video that American Apparel was one of the businesses vandalized?
Old 05-03-2010, 03:52 PM

AT NYC May Day Rally Death Threats and Swaztikas OK

By Don | May 2, 2010

Nothing like a May Day rally in New York City to bring out the hypocrisy of the left.
From the Berman Post
A large portion of the rally was done in Spanish, and there were more foreign, and even communist flags, than American. As I have opined before, this is at the very least bad 'image-wise'. If you are upset that it may become more difficult for you to get and stay in the country, you would think that would mean that you like this country. If you did not, why would you come in the first place, and why would you be upset if you could not stay. With that in mind, why would you not wave the American flag. I am not saying that you have to wave the flag to prove your support, nor that you are forbidden to wave your own, but I can not understand why people waving flags would not wave both (their country of origin and the US). There were some people who did just that, and a few who were waving the American flag exclusively, but they were vastly outnumbered by the rest. As for the English, how are you supposed to convince people that they are wrong in what they believe in if you are using a language they can not understand? You simply can not.

I am not good at estimating crowd size, but I usually give it a try. For this protest my first thought was 1,500+. I spoke to a cop who guessed around 2,000 but also said it was relatively small by the park standards. It did not seem small to me. When the rally turned into a march (which I did not follow), my guess changed to 2000+. Keep in mind with these numbers that it is hard to tell exactly who is there for the rally, who was there because it was a gorgeous day, and who was there for there own separate rally. I find that with protests of liberal causes you generally find an amalgamation of a number of different groups that support each other but are mostly there for their own cause. This is much more pronounced than with the Tea Party Protests where you may have a few 'abolish the fed' type people, where here you have sizable sections of the protest that are from allied groups.
Berman took soem great photos which you will need to go to the post to view, but as you do just think about which side is lacking civility.

http://www.aim.org/don-irvine-blog/a...-swaztikas-ok/
Old 05-03-2010, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikell View Post
Jean, did you notice in the video that American Apparel was one of the businesses vandalized?
No I didn't notice that. Wow, that is so funny. What goes around, comes around.
Old 05-03-2010, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanfromfillmore View Post
At the very end of this video you can hear someone yell three times "Deport illegals".
Old 05-04-2010, 04:34 AM

It looks likes the shooting of the Sheriff's Deputy and the riots in Santa Cruz are starting to pay off for the government.

Yesterday the local morning news was about the rioting.

Today the local morning news was about all of the cities planning boycotts of Arizona's new immigration law.