Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > Communities and Quality of Life > Communities in Crisis

Communities in Crisis California cities, towns, and counties suffering under corruption, crime, foreign influence or economic loss

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 02-28-2010, 06:03 AM

Default Donuts and Coffee

Under Calcode 113789.(c) "Food Facility" does not include any of the following5) Premises set aside for Wine Tasting as long as no food is served except for crackers. I suggest to Elizabeth Huff from the County Environmental Health Division , that since no coffeee and donuts are allowed , maybe it would be better to set up a wine tasting location at B and B Do it Center.

Now let's study Calcode
113739 "Beverage" liquid including water
113781 "Food" beverage
113789 "Food Facility" (1) an operation where food is consumed on or off premises,regardless of whether there is a charge for the food.

Therefore any operation that has water to drink by Calcode definition is considered a Food Facility requiring permits , food prep area, stainless sinks etc.

I do not believe that that was the intent of Calcode and I believe this Code needs to be further evaluated . The code is too broad as can be seen by this example.
I will contact Elizabeth Huff on Monday for her interpretation and take on this Code.
Old 02-28-2010, 09:35 AM

This is kind of like the trhead at the old site about requiring a food permit to pass out food to the homeless. Passing out food is a responsibility and the bigger your output of food or the more anonymously it is dispensed, the more accountable you should be.

But leaning on some little hardware store is definitly a bit rough.