Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > State Government

State Government Issues of importance to SOS associates relating to their state government.

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 09-30-2010, 10:59 PM
SOS Associate

Default Arnold Creates "Global" Citizen Term

This one bothers the hell out of me:

Quote:
September 25, 2010, as “Global Eunice Kennedy Shriver Day.

”PROCLAMATION by theGovernor of the State of California

Eunice Kennedy Shriver was an extraordinary citizen, activist, philanthropist, wife and mother. Her passion for justice and equal opportunity led her to set precedents for service that have inspired many generations to challenge themselves to achieve more. Her life is an example to all global citizens who want to affect positive change in the lives of those around them.

Eunice Kennedy Shriver was born in Brookline, Massachusetts on July 10, 1921. She was a passionate advocate of children’s health and disability issues, and founded the Special Olympics in 1968. Her dedication to improving education and opportunities for disabled persons is proudly carried on today by my wife Maria through her WE Include program.

By recognizing her internal strength to make a difference in the lives of others, Eunice Kennedy Shriver shaped our world into a place of bravery and strength, as well as sensibility and compassion. In 1984 she was awarded with the United States Presidential Medal of Freedom by President Ronald Reagan for her ground-breaking work with individuals affected by mental disabilities. Her inspiring work and actions have been recognized by numerous prestigious honors, but I know she received the greatest satisfaction from the people she served.

Today we honor the nurturing, caring and courageous spirit that exemplified my mother-in-law, Eunice Kennedy Shriver. I encourage all Californians to recognize the accomplishments of this amazing woman, and pay tribute to her memory by giving back to causes close to their hearts in their own communities.

NOW, THEREFORE, I, ARNOLD SCHWARZENEGGER, Governor of the State of California, do hereby proclaim September 25, 2010, as “Global Eunice Kennedy Shriver Day.”

IN WITNESS WHEREOF, I have hereunto set my hand and caused the Great Seal of the State of California to be affixed this 24th day of September 2010.

ARNOLD SCHWARZENEGGER
Governor of California

ATTEST:

DEBRA BOWEN
Secretary of State