Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > Associates in Action

Associates in Action SOS associates may propose events, activities and projects in the pursuit of our agenda.

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 02-20-2010, 12:25 PM

Default Rally 2/27/10

"Take Back America Rally"

Magic Mountain Parkway/Valencia Bl., Santa Clarita, CA 91355

Saturday, Feb. 27, 2010, 11am-1pm

Taking Back Santa Clarita & America

Support for Victims of Crimes

Come enjoy the afternoon with people wanting to restore our neighborhoods, towns, and country back to prosperity. Chief concerns are instilling respect for the Rule of Law, fighting gang violence, combating illegal immigration and the amnesty being proposed, while supporting fiscal responsibility.

Joining us in attendance will be Mr. Bob Kellar, a man who served our country bravely and has given many years of service to the citizens of Santa Clarita and their City Council.

Speakers include candidates running for Federal, State, and City seats.

Topics to be discussed include illegal immigration, its victims, and controlling taxes.

Speakers:

Senator George Runner, Running for Board of Equalization 17th District

David Gauny, Running for Santa Clarita City Council

Mark Reed, Running for Congress 27th District

Kathleen "Suzy" Evans, Running for California State Assembly 40th District

Rabbi Nachum Schifren, Running for California State Senate 26th District

Ted Hayes, America's Black Shield

Lupe Moreno, Latino Americans for Immigration Reform (LAIR)

Shaw Family, Victims of illegal alien crime.

March Family, Victims of illegal alien crime.

Robin Hvidston, We The People, California's Crusader

Raymond Herrera, We The People, California's Crusader

Sam Zilsman, DerailAmnesty.com

Last edited by Ole Glory; 02-20-2010 at 09:30 PM.
Old 02-23-2010, 04:05 PM

An email I received today:
Congressman Jason Chaffetz (R) Utah http://chaffetz.house.gov/ is the author of HR 1026, which seeks to "prevent" illegal aliens from entering and residing in the United States. Read the text at the end of this email. FIVE CONGRESS MEMBERS SIGNED ONTO H RES 1026 YESTERDAY - HIGHLIGHTED IN RED BELOW. NOTE: Congressman "Buck" McKeon (R) CA, added his name as a co-sponsor yesterday. Congressman McKeon's district, Santa Clarita, is staging a rally this Saturday to oppose amnesty - did this pressure from his constituents influence his signing/co-sponsoring HR 1026 yesterday?

The answer is YES, this upcoming rally has that town in an uproar and they're letting both their city council and McKeon know that they better do something.
Old 02-24-2010, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanfromfillmore View Post
An email I received today:
Congressman Jason Chaffetz (R) Utah http://chaffetz.house.gov/ is the author of HR 1026, which seeks to "prevent" illegal aliens from entering and residing in the United States. Read the text at the end of this email. FIVE CONGRESS MEMBERS SIGNED ONTO H RES 1026 YESTERDAY - HIGHLIGHTED IN RED BELOW. NOTE: Congressman "Buck" McKeon (R) CA, added his name as a co-sponsor yesterday. Congressman McKeon's district, Santa Clarita, is staging a rally this Saturday to oppose amnesty - did this pressure from his constituents influence his signing/co-sponsoring HR 1026 yesterday?

The answer is YES, this upcoming rally has that town in an uproar and they're letting both their city council and McKeon know that they better do something.
Wow!!!! Thanks for posting this Jean. Another source has it that the Santa Clarita rally is being sponsored by McKeon. How did that happen?
Old 02-26-2010, 09:42 AM

Nathan Imhoff: More empty words from Gitlin
SCV Voices

Posted: Feb. 25, 2010 9:46 p.m.
POSTED Feb. 26, 2010 4:55 a.m.

"If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." - Noam Chomsky

While observing all the talking, shouting and letters to the editor in recent days on the topic of free speech, I was reminded of the many chats I had with my dad in our family garage while I was growing up.

One particular discussion stuck with me, when he explained his service in the Marines protected people's freedom to burn the American flag, but also protected his right to tell them they are wrong.

My dad understood, that anyone can support speech they like, but it takes a real man or woman to support speech you hate. What an amazing country we live in, allowing its citizens the freedom of thought and expression.

SCV Independent Minuteman member Roger Gitlin and the Save our State crowd are prime examples of what Samuel Johnson so eloquently stated: "Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel."

Even 250 years ago, Johnson saw though the manipulation of self-proclaimed plastic patriots such as those who believe dressing in red, white and blue and waving American flags automatically makes their position somehow more American than others.

I found it hilarious that Gitlin took so literally the satiric comments in my Feb. 6 column ("Fewer signs, more thoughts are needed") that he felt compelled to address them individually.

It was odd, however, when he publicly claimed not to engage in a war of words and instead enticed his followers to do his dirty work of sending in letters complaining to our friends at The Signal for him.

Just a few days before the publishing of Gitlin's Feb. 14 column, Save Our State launched a campaign to harass The Signal and hinder its freedom of press, not to mention attempt to get the "little bias SOB" reporter Jonathan Randles fired. One would think self-proclaimed patriots believe in Randles' freedom of speech and The Signal's freedom of press.

I couldn't help but think of John Locke's gem, "I have always thought the actions of men the best interpreters of their thoughts," after observing Gitlin the past few days.

I think he missed his calling as a used-car salesman, as he attempts to sell the clunker of another Minutemen rally to the fair citizens of Santa Clarita. Gitlin does his best to paint his beloved Minutemen as Boy Scouts, claiming they are a "multinational group that abides by the rule of law and whose members pledge a code of conduct."

Big surprise: This all-powerful code of conduct didn't stop the various documented physical threats various Santa Clarita citizens received during a previous rally, did it Mr. Gitlin?

It also didn't stop Frank Jorge from making a sexually discriminating rant which was removed from The Signal's Web site because of its vulgarity and content.

Even the bankrupt energy juggernaut Enron had a code of conduct stating: "We are dedicated to conducting business according to all applicable local and international laws and regulations." I doubt they went with the "we have a code of conduct" defense in court.

Gitlin goes further to say, "no participant shall spew or act out any racially derogatory sentiment." I am beginning to question whether he is aware people are recording these rallies and putting them on the Internet.

The Save Our State crowd has a history of blowing into peaceful communities like Santa Clarita and bringing with them other unwanted, outside extremist group opposition - creating a spectacular three-ring circus full of clowns pointing video cameras at each other, and screaming emotional, irrational nonsense.

Just ask the small Ventura County town of Ojai, whose residents eventually got fed up and showed these guys the door. This is why I found particularly rich Gitlin's criticism of the wingnuts at Full Rights for Immigration Coalition busing in their bleeding hearts from Los Angeles, considering he has been working overtime to build his own plastic patriot brigade. Yeehaw!

The fact of the matter is, The Signal has shown great maturity in handling the attacks that Gitlin has provoked against it. It has shown immense grace in allowing Gitlin to publish an extra-large, 1,000-word column that came up just as empty as all the other letters to the editor offering no viable solutions.

He just echoed all the same illogical "red herring" fallacies that criticize people in the community who are powerless to do anything about the illegal immigration problems here in the Santa Clarita Valley.

If California is powerless to enact its own solution, what makes him think small communities like Santa Clarita have an ice cube's chance in hell? How about more solutions and fewer bullhorns, Gitlin?

Alfred Whitney Griswold said: "In the long run of history, the censor and the inquisitor have always lost. The only weapon against bad ideas is better ideas."

Nathan Imhoff is a Newhall resident. His column reflects his own views and not necessarily those of The Signal.
Old 02-26-2010, 09:48 AM

Josh:
I am really surprised at you. I did not know you would allow The Signal to be a the vehicle to deliver personal attacks and outright lies against an individual. Is that appropriate?

I just finished reading Nathan Imhoff on More Empty Words from Gitlin, 2/26/2010

His personal attacks are chronic and on going and I am frankly surprised the Signal would continue to allow him an avenue to spread his vitriol.. What point was he making? What was his opinion?

I have stated absolutely and without equivocation that I have not attempted or directed anybody to have Jonathan Randles fired for his news article on an illegal alien's plight in coming to America, front page Signal, come weeks back. The Paper allowed Imhoff to incorrectly represent his viewpoint that I was somehow responsible for a movement to attempt to have Johnathan Randles fired. That is a straight out lie !! I even wrote a letter to the editor praising Randles and Lowery for their fair and impartial approach to this hot button issue of ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION.

Lila, I am particular surprised at you for allowing this one subject rant by Imhoff. Once, many months back, you stated to me all I write about is illegal immigration, when, in fact I opined on various subjects. Can I expect these continued attacks on me WITHOUT MY OPPORTUNITY TO RETORT ?

I have stated many times the solutions as I see it to the problem of illegal immigration. It fradulent when Imhoff states that Minutemen offer no viable solutions.

I appreciate Mr Imhoff is the media darling of the Signal (when he praises you ad naseum in your perceived fairness in my 1,000 word column, We can make a Change.) I can't believe he counted the words.

Come on Josh, take the issue of illegal immigration off personality attacks and put it on subject matter.

Why don't you straight out interview me, one on one, and find out exactly what I am about.

Roger Gitlin, Teacher
Santa Clarita Valley Independent Minutemen.
Old 02-26-2010, 04:01 PM

JuliaSimmons: (Writer LA Times)
February 26, 2010 - 04:08 PM

Nice job, Nathan Imhoff. You’ve got them rattled.

It’s clear that Gitlin and his group are on their PR campaign, and of course using the media to create exposure for their agenda.

Notice how Gitlin tries to turn Imhoff’s Op-Ed into a media opportunity for himself?

The southern California “Save Our State” chapter shut down November 2009. And so the northern California chapter has taken over the entire state.

And they are looking for press. These Nativist Extemist groups have very small memberships, so they have created a network of like-minded groups to work together to promote their agendas.

They have asked anyone within a five-hour drive of Santa Clarita to attend Saturday’s rally.

Also, notice how these rallys are held in front of the nice, safe Sheriffs station. On city land, no less. It looks like the city and the county condone these activities.

By the way, Imhoff’s satire on the moustaches was apt; whenever I read about Minutemen and the like, I always think of rootin’ tootin’ Yosemite Sam, shootin’ up the town.