Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > Priority Topics Section > Immigration

Immigration Topics relating to the subject of US Immigration

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 08-29-2013, 05:03 PM
SOS Associate

Default Healthcare Non-Profit Stumps For Illegals

Hello fellow Californians,

While heading to an appointment today, I passed a bus stop that had an ad that caught my eye. (Said something related to undocumented)

Upon stopping for further inspection, I found this nearly life-sized poster, which someone had spent considerable money on:

So there you have it. I did some initial records search, and discovered that this organization IS a non-profit charity, As far as I can tell, they are engaging in propaganda here, which is a violation of the code. I'm going to lodge an official complaint to the IRS and the state.
I also read their founding documents, which placed that years funding at some 347 million dollars. Their website says they don't accept cash donations, but that tells me that their actual profit making hospital is supplying the money and then writing it off as a charitable contribution.
Despicable.
Old 08-29-2013, 05:21 PM
SOS Associate

Billions in assets

Quote:
Fiscal Begin: 01-APR-11
Fiscal End: 31-MAR-12
Total Assets: $3,660,548,295.00
Gross Annual Revenue: $206,956,425.00
RRF Received: 19-FEB-13
Returned Date:
990 Attached: Y
Old 08-29-2013, 07:40 PM
SOS Associate

http://www.calendow.org/with_prevention.aspx

Quote:
The health care law is helping to expand access to care for millions of Californians. However, 3-4 million will remain uninsured for a number of reasons, including 1 million Californians who will not be eligible to benefit from the health care law due to their immigration status.

As our country debates a plan to reform our broken immigration system, we recognize that access to health care is an important part of that conversation. Undocumented Californians are an economic asset, and by ensuring that all Californians have access to affordable, preventive care, we can make our economy even stronger.

That’s why The California Endowment supports finding a solution for the remaining uninsured in California. Illness doesn’t distinguish between skin color or place of birth. For those millions remaining uninsured, the only way to receive health care may be through expensive emergency room treatment. It makes a lot more economic sense to give people the health care they need to prevent illness. Studies show that for every dollar spent on preventive services $18 dollars can be saved. California is stronger when everyone has access to affordable, preventive care, and The Endowment is working hard with the state and local community partners to make that dream a reality.
Old 08-30-2013, 08:14 AM

Could you have torn the sign down? That would have been my plan.
Old 08-30-2013, 12:56 PM

Something interesting here...

The T-shirt says $2.7 billion paid in taxes by illegals, but the organization's Total Assets are $3,660,548,295.00 (over $3.65 bil) and the Gross Annual Revenue is $206,956,425.00 (well over $2.5 bil) - think if we had more profitable businesses such as this to "contribute" to the economy and fewer illegals used by employers to beat down wages and the many of those illegals who suck at the social services teat (and, yes it happens, and no, it's not a stereotype). The business is worth more to the economy than the illegals touted by the ad.

The ad also makes a dubious and unspecified claim that illegals "contribute" 302 billion to the economy along with an unspecified and equally dubious claim that 95% of economists agree that illegals contribute to the economy (methinks they justify too much)

I don't know how many illegals don't have "official" access to healthcare but you can bet a good number are covered by MediCal (the feds don't give a rat's ass about illegals occupying their welfare subsidized dwellings, I know that for a fact - and if the feds don't care, the state cares a whole lot less about illegals and MediCal), but, according to former Mexican diplomat Jorge Castaneda, Mexicans are the most heavily self medicated people on earth because as a rule they don't trust doctors. Perhaps a large number take advantage of free clinics which don't cater to American citizens. Then, there's always the emergency room - for which the tax supported "indigent fund" pays the high emergency room for bills people who have little to no tracks concerning income or degree of wealth (changing identities at the drop of a hat). The claim that a million illegals have no access to health care rings hollow to me.

On another note, the dwelling in America Cuban abogada who hosts Caso Cerrado on Telemundo has been pitching Obamacare for some health organization called Asugerate, she makes it sound as if there will no health insurance premiums and everything inside the doctor's office is free once Obamacare is fully implemented.

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.

Last edited by ilbegone; 08-30-2013 at 01:04 PM.
Old 08-30-2013, 03:15 PM

We can ring the alarm bell, but is anyone listening? How many times do things need to be told before someone really starts listening? I hope someone is listening.
Old 12-16-2013, 11:13 AM
SOS Associate

I need help with this:

Last night an ad aired on prime time with from this non-profit, and it was so blatantly geared toward influencing the immigration debate that a blind/deaf person could have perceived it. This corporation is a declared non-profit:

http://calendow.org/about/overview.aspx

The rules of a California and a federally chartered non-profit are:

https://www.ftb.ca.gov/businesses/Ex...s.shtml#d23701

Quote:
No part of the net earnings of which inures to the benefit of any private shareholder.
No substantial part of the activities of which is carrying on propaganda or otherwise attempting to influence legislation (except as otherwise provided in Section 23704.5) and which does not participate in, or intervene in (including the publishing or distribution of statements), any political campaign on behalf of (or in opposition to) any candidate for public office.
Dedication of assets which requires that in the event of dissolution of an organization, or the impossibility of performing the specific organizational purposes, the assets would continue to be devoted to exempt purposes.
Their own charter prohibits same:

http://calendow.org/about/governance...-incorporation

At this timeI need as many people as we can muster to lodge a complaint with the Franchise tax board at this number:

800-540-3453

Just tell them you want to make a complaint about this tax exempt charitable corporation that is chartered in California using assets to spread political propaganda to influence immigration reform. Give them this information about the corporation:

The California Endowment
Corporation number C1930013
Founder's names are Robert K Ross MD, and Celia Lombard

The complaint specifics would be that they are using tax exempt funds to purchase Television, Billboard, and Bus Stop printed media to involve themselves in the immigration reform debate. The ads are clearly aimed to influence the public's perception about undocumented ( a propaganda term in itself) persons as opposed to healthcare concerns. State that this is a violation of their tax exempt status and that their charter should be investigated and they should be fined and have their tax exempt status suspended.

We need a lot of people to call to get the interest of the fraud unit, and to do it before the Endowment spends more money spreading propaganda.

Please make the call. I wasn't on hold at all. It happened quickly, and there was no resistance at all. You can request anonymity, but I gave my contact info and asked for any updates.

Your loyal Ayatollah asking
Old 12-17-2013, 07:33 PM

I will be calling tomorrow.
Thank you for this. This is a very constructive and productive activity for us.
Old 12-19-2013, 10:09 PM

Hi Ayatollah,
I called the Franchise tax board a couple of times yesterday and today, and they told me at the number that you provided that they don't take complaints. They then referred me to a department that handles Tax exempt organization, and they directed me to "advocate services" that will send send the complaint to the Franchise tax board. They told me that I have to do this through "advocate services."

They're called: Executive and advocate services.

My contact is Shelly Clark.
Phone: 916-845-6316
Fax: 916-855-5799

They said that we would need to send or fax a written discription of the violation as well as documentation of the advertisement. She would then send it to the Franchise tax board for them to investigate.

The address is: PO box, 157 Rancho Cordova, CA 95741-0157

This is the information that I got. I don't know if it is different than what you found out.

If you can package a complaint and images of the advertisement ,I'll send in a complaint along with yours.

Regards,
Greg
Old 12-20-2013, 07:10 AM
SOS Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg in LA View Post
Hi Ayatollah,
I called the Franchise tax board a couple of times yesterday and today, and they told me at the number that you provided that they don't take complaints. They then referred me to a department that handles Tax exempt organization, and they directed me to "advocate services" that will send send the complaint to the Franchise tax board. They told me that I have to do this through "advocate services."

They're called: Executive and advocate services.

My contact is Shelly Clark.
Phone: 916-845-6316
Fax: 916-855-5799

They said that we would need to send or fax a written discription of the violation as well as documentation of the advertisement. She would then send it to the Franchise tax board for them to investigate.

The address is: PO box, 157 Rancho Cordova, CA 95741-0157

This is the information that I got. I don't know if it is different than what you found out.

If you can package a complaint and images of the advertisement ,I'll send in a complaint along with yours.

Regards,
Greg
It's not at all unusual for the intake center to log in an initial complaint and re-direct it after they find the proper agency. This tells me that a few other people may have called and that's what they're doing.

I'll get some more pics of the big billboards, but the television commercials are pretty hard to document. Another one of them ran last evening around 10:00 pm.
Anyone out there have recording capabilities to document one of these commercials on TV?