Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > Save Our State Official Section > SOS Management and Operation Discussion

SOS Management and Operation Discussion Questions and answers about the management and operation of Save Our State.

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 03-22-2011, 12:22 PM
SOS Associate

Quote:
Has anyone looked at say the State assembly and senate and figure out there voting records on a number of issues, including subsidies for illegal immigration?
http://saveourstate.info/forumdisplay.php?f=6

With all due respect; I think you are seeing what you want to see here.

We are a non-profit public benefit corporation/organization. Non-profits are chartered to address specific agendas. Non profits do not alter their missions every year to accomodate changing political whims. Many people do not understand what a non profit is, or what it is supposed to be anyway. Turner/nightingale didn't either.
I have been on the receiving end of similarly bent advice such as yours lately, and it is usually coming from the republican heiarchy or the TEA party associates under their wing. I can only tell you this: We are what we are here. We didn't set out to fix all of California's problems, nor will we be led astray by such a wide ranging agenda
Old 03-22-2011, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayatollahgondola View Post
http://saveourstate.info/forumdisplay.php?f=6

With all due respect; I think you are seeing what you want to see here.

We are a non-profit public benefit corporation/organization. Non-profits are chartered to address specific agendas. Non profits do not alter their missions every year to accomodate changing political whims. Many people do not understand what a non profit is, or what it is supposed to be anyway. Turner/nightingale didn't either.
I have been on the receiving end of similarly bent advice such as yours lately, and it is usually coming from the republican heiarchy or the TEA party associates under their wing. I can only tell you this: We are what we are here. We didn't set out to fix all of California's problems, nor will we be led astray by such a wide ranging agenda
You are correct, I have no experience with non-profits.

So in essence activism is not the main goal nor is it political change, correct?

Is SOS basically a cut and paste news outlet? or am I missing something? Beyond cut and paste for educational purposes, is there anything else going on. Davi, I know you are active in protests up in your area however, are those protest unaffiliated with the new SOS structure?

I am just trying to get a feel for what SOS is about now as I am not sure what is going on.

Trust me, I am no operative of any political party or movement. I am now, and have always been independent minded and I trash all political parties and stupidity as I see it equally and without prejudice. If they deserve criticism, I am the first to oblige them.
Old 03-22-2011, 12:49 PM
SOS Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole Younger View Post
You are correct, I have no experience with non-profits.

So in essence activism is not the main goal nor is it political change, correct?

Is SOS basically a cut and paste news outlet? or am I missing something? Beyond cut and paste for educational purposes, is there anything else going on. Davi, I know you are active in protests up in your area however, are those protest unaffiliated with the new SOS structure?

I am just trying to get a feel for what SOS is about now as I am not sure what is going on.
I'm not sure how to address the cut and paste thing. Sure people gather information and relay it here to others that way. that's a good thing

we are still active, and that is one of our primary functions, however we are quite restricted by funding. We try and do things that don't require money in the interim. but we've still held events as I have pointed out to you. We will hold more soon. we do what we can, when we can. Check our calendar on the upper menu bar and you'll see some things going on in the state capitol that we hope to make an impact on. We still operate the mobile billboard too.

I should also add, that if think you have a strategy that could be tried, go to your user CP un the upper left part of the menu bar and request to get on the events committee. We're always interested in getting people active and trying new things

Last edited by Ayatollahgondola; 03-22-2011 at 12:56 PM.
Old 03-22-2011, 01:04 PM

Quote:
I'm not sure how to address the cut and paste thing. Sure people gather information and relay it here to others that way. that's a good thing

we are still active, and that is one of our primary functions, however we are quite restricted by funding. We try and do things that don't require money in the interim. but we've still held events as I have pointed out to you. We will hold more soon. we do what we can, when we can. Check our calendar on the upper menu bar and you'll see some things going on in the state capitol that we hope to make an impact on. We still operate the mobile billboard too.

I should also add, that if think you have a strategy that could be tried, go to your user CP un the upper left part of the menu bar and request to get on the events committee. We're always interested in getting people active and trying new things
I have no problem helping out, I am just trying to get a feel for the operation and the strategic goal / plan. There is no use jumping in over my head if my thoughts exceed the operational limits of a non-profit.
Old 03-22-2011, 01:14 PM
SOS Associate

Quote:
I have no problem helping out, I am just trying to get a feel for the operation and the strategic goal / plan. There is no use jumping in over my head if my thoughts exceed the operational limits of a non-profit.
We do have limits of course. Some of our own, and some by state and federal law. One of our goals is still to keep pushing the immigration issue to the forefront.
Old 03-22-2011, 01:17 PM

Many of us have been out there in the pits. With 2 teenagers at home I've become a shuttle bus, but do what I can. Many have gone to council meetings, and many other things and have done great stuff. Believe it or not, there are so many angles it is a 24/7 job. Most of us don't have time to discuss some of these issues being brought up and wonder why I am. But we are all out here, as for me, I'd rather take it to the streets and get it over with.
Old 03-22-2011, 01:34 PM

As a 501c3 non-profit we can not promote any political party, politician or political agenda. We can inform the public of events and situations, but we can not advise or tell the public what they should vote for or politically support.

Cole, there has been a great deal of activities with both successes and failure that have occurred that I think you're not aware of. Six years ago, no one was even talking about illegal immigration. Towns, cities and states weren't trying to get laws and ordinances on their book to fight illegals. They are today. We now have E-Verify and states talking about border security.

Six years ago, while I handed out fliers, very few I spoke to were aware of our problems at the border. Most do today. We've made great strides. While being with the old SOS, Joe had us do "One a day" sending out to all the City Councils throughout the USA, where some towns took up the cause, Hazelton,Pa being the most recognized. That was due to people having a voice and using it (although through a computer).

I appreciate your interest in SOS and hope you'll resume your involvement after such a long hiatus. We never stopped.
Old 03-22-2011, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanfromfillmore View Post
As a 501c3 non-profit we can not promote any political party, politician or political agenda. We can inform the public of events and situations, but we can not advise or tell the public what they should vote for or politically support.

Cole, there has been a great deal of activities with both successes and failure that have occurred that I think you're not aware of. Six years ago, no one was even talking about illegal immigration. Towns, cities and states weren't trying to get laws and ordinances on their book to fight illegals. They are today. We now have E-Verify and states talking about border security.

Six years ago, while I handed out fliers, very few I spoke to were aware of our problems at the border. Most do today. We've made great strides. While being with the old SOS, Joe had us do "One a day" sending out to all the City Councils throughout the USA, where some towns took up the cause, Hazelton,Pa being the most recognized. That was due to people having a voice and using it (although through a computer).

I appreciate your interest in SOS and hope you'll resume your involvement after such a long hiatus. We never stopped.
Jean,
you were around when I was involved. I attended Joe's very first protest at the Rancho HD.

BP 1 was a success but BP 2 was a disaster and was ill advised. I made my feelings known about it as well both publicly and privately and left the org shortly thereafter.

Voters are well aware illegal immigration and of the issues however, it is not there priority. Keeping there homes and finding work in this state is the number 1 issue. If the non-profit has its hands tied with what you have listed, it limits the effectiveness of the organization and puts the ball in individuals hands.
Old 03-22-2011, 02:54 PM
SOS Associate

Quote:
Voters are well aware illegal immigration and of the issues however, it is not there priority. Keeping there homes and finding work in this state is the number 1 issue. If the non-profit has its hands tied with what you have listed, it limits the effectiveness of the organization and puts the ball in individuals hands.
This is the point I've been trying to make to you. Illegal immigration and related issues are our priority. We do not seek continually morph SOS to fit currently hot issues that don't attach themselves to our agenda. We don't seek to be all things political. We address the lost homes, and the lost jobs by bringing attention to the effects that immigration has on them. There are plenty of other avenues and orgs for pressing other agendas.
Old 03-22-2011, 03:00 PM

Quote:
This is the point I've been trying to make to you. Illegal immigration and related issues are our priority. We do not seek continually morph SOS to fit currently hot issues that don't attach themselves to our agenda. We don't seek to be all things political. We address the lost homes, and the lost jobs by bringing attention to the effects that immigration has on them. There are plenty of other avenues and orgs for pressing other agendas.
Good enough..