Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > United States Federal government

United States Federal government Topics and information relating to the federal government of interest to SOS associates

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 01-21-2010, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MowMyOwn View Post
"Hero"? no, I wouldn't go that far, I said "a new respect". I figure a guy like him may have kept walking and left the kid unattended, many elite snobs wouldn't have gotten dirty.

Respect? yes, Hero? no
The guy is a TV announcer. His life is in front of the camera. If I had heard about this without the footage, I might have had more respect. But because of the footage, I am inclined to be skeptical. These guys will do anything for attention and ratings.

Would you respect Rush Limbaugh more if he had done the same thing? It's all about self promotion. No agony is too small or too great to miss a photo opportunity.
Old 01-21-2010, 08:23 PM

Quote:
The guy is a TV announcer. His life is in front of the camera. If I had heard about this without the footage, I might have had more respect. But because of the footage, I am inclined to be skeptical. These guys will do anything for attention and ratings.

Would you respect Rush Limbaugh more if he had done the same thing? It's all about self promotion. No agony is too small or too great to miss a photo opportunity.
I do not think it is just for attention. His job is to tell what is happening is how I see it. Shepard Smith reported on the conditions in New Orleans for such a long time.

No Rush Limbaugh cannot do anything to cause me to have any respect for him.
Old 01-22-2010, 05:19 AM

"Journalists" and I use the term loosely, that injected themselves into situations in Haiti would not by the same kind of journalists who judged themselves to be so objective that they would not warn our military of an impending attack in Afghanistan or Iraq would it?

There are mercy flights to Haiti all the time. It would cost nothing to start repatriating Haitians so they could help their countrymen and women. Send them back, starting right now.
Old 01-22-2010, 05:34 AM

Quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Journalists" and I use the term loosely, that injected themselves into situations in Haiti would not by the same kind of journalists who judged themselves to be so objective that they would not warn our military of an impending attack in Afghanistan or Iraq would it?

There are mercy flights to Haiti all the time. It would cost nothing to start repatriating Haitians so they could help their countrymen and women. Send them back, starting right now.
There are many journalists who are reporting from Haiti and they are all reporting the same kind of stories both good and bad. What do you want them to do, report only what you want to hear?

DO TELL ME HOW THE CITIZENS THERE CAN DO VERY MUCH OF ANYTHING ON THEIR OWN. PICTURES ARE SHOWN OF THEM DIGGING BY BARE HANDS TO TRY TO FIND PEOPLE WHILE ALL THE HELP IS AT THE AIRPORT TRYING TO FINED THEIR WAY TO THE RUBBLE. YOU CAN FORGET ABOUT YOU MOST URGENT CALL TO "SEND THEM BACK, STARTING RIGHT NOW". IT WILL NOT HAPPEN FOR AT LEAST 18 MONTHS. GET OVER IT!
Old 01-22-2010, 05:57 AM

http://www.alertnet.org/thenews/newsdesk/LDE60L16H.htm

The one's here can stay until they die of old age, but no one escaping will be allowed to stay.

"Haitians need to be there to help rebuild their country, this is not an opportunity for migration," Napolitano said at a news conference in the Spanish city of Toledo.

The ones here illegally are needed to help rebuild the country as well. They can help with the rescue efforts.
Old 01-22-2010, 06:30 AM

Quote:
"Haitians need to be there to help rebuild their country, this is not an opportunity for migration," Napolitano said at a news conference in the Spanish city of Toledo.

The ones here illegally are needed to help rebuild the country as well. They can help with the rescue efforts.
What do you really think of Napolitano? She is the same ignorant thing who thinks we do not need to control our border to the south. She does not want to deport any of our southern Invaders. Her motto for the southern border seems to be "Bring more on". I posted a few days about someone a few years ago on a now defunct forum who said about the Haitians invading, "They would be deported before they were dry". I wonder why you think that thing wants anything about Invaders to stop, except for those from Haiti.

Last edited by Rim05; 01-22-2010 at 12:39 PM.
Old 01-22-2010, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy63 View Post
I suggest that the Haitians here be packed up and sent back to Haiti where they are needed to help rebuild the country. After all, they have been kept healthy, well fed, they are strong and should be sent back immediately where they can help their OWN PEOPLE. There is no reason why the Haitians should be relying strictly on non-Haitians to do what they should be doing.

SEND THEM BACK NOW.
You make good sense....me like you!
Old 01-22-2010, 09:39 AM

I know our benevolent government is going to build schools, hospitals and dwellings for these poor Haitians.

How nice.
So what about our homeless here in the USA? I am speaking of those who held jobs and are now in the streets.

Nothing for them of course. They're just American moms, dads and kids. Screw'em. They'll get back on their feet because they are American taxpayers.

After they do get back on their feet our benevolent government will continue to tax the hell out of them.
Old 01-22-2010, 12:47 PM

Quote:
I know our benevolent government is going to build schools, hospitals and dwellings for these poor Haitians.

How nice.
So what about our homeless here in the USA? I am speaking of those who held jobs and are now in the streets.

Nothing for them of course. They're just American moms, dads and kids. Screw'em. They'll get back on their feet because they are American taxpayers.

After they do get back on their feet our benevolent government will continue to tax the hell out of them.
Seems that everyone thinks the US is the only one doing or collecting money for Haiti. If that is what you think then you are so wrong. There are many countries who are stepping up. I even heard about something Cuba is doing and I don't consider it to be a wealthy island, just one that does care about other human beings suffering from a natural disaster.
Old 01-23-2010, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rim05 View Post
Seems that everyone thinks the US is the only one doing or collecting money for Haiti. If that is what you think then you are so wrong. There are many countries who are stepping up. I even heard about something Cuba is doing and I don't consider it to be a wealthy island, just one that does care about other human beings suffering from a natural disaster.
Oh I am so well in tune with this thing. Believe me I know that everyone is over there helping. That is an admirable thing. I am glad that our country is helping also but I do not want our effort to be disproportionate. I do not want to see thousands of refugees brought in anymore. I've already lived through all of it and I have no desire to see the further erosion of this nation. Help them as we can within our means and keep them there. That is their home anyway.

As far as Cuba is concerned they have even less than we do here but it is always a contest between rival nations competing for recognition.

The Haitians have to get it together themselves with a little help from their friends.