Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > Elections, Politics, and Partisanship

Elections, Politics, and Partisanship Topics relating to politics, elections, or party affiliations of interests to SOS associates

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 04-10-2010, 12:27 AM

Default Media Analyst Who Filmed Flag-Burning Anti-War Rally Asks, Where’s the Outrage?

Media Analyst Who Filmed Flag-Burning Anti-War Rally Asks, Where’s the Outrage?
Press Release | April 9, 2010
WASHINGTON, April 9, 2010-Amid recent mainstream media concern over "angry" tea partiers, Roger Aronoff, a media analyst and documentary producer with Accuracy in Media, observed a leftist anti-war rally to see how it compared to the conservative tea parties. The "peace" demonstrators, including four-time presidential candidate Ralph Nader, angrily denounced Bush and Cheney as war criminals, criticized Obama, called the United States an empire, bashed Israel and proudly burned an American flag.
Aronoff had one question for the mainstream media: "Where's the outrage?"
"Did you see any reporting about the hate-speech and flag burning? I guess MSNBC was too busy that day," wrote Aronoff at Accuracy in Media's blog.
He noted that The Washington Post covered the rally, but left out the more extreme elements and never mentioned that President Obama was a target of the protestors.
Aronoff previously defended the tea party movement against allegations of racism by MSNBC "Countdown" host Keith Olbermann. He notes that the tea parties include a broad cross section of America, but if you look at the MSNBC website, you see nothing but white faces.
Aronoff produced a video documenting the demonstration, called "This Ain't No Tea Party." It has been featured on FOX News Channel's The O'Reilly Factor and Fox and Friends, and at Hot Air, The Daily Caller, The FOX Nation, BlogWonks, and The Western Journalism Center.
The "This Ain't No Tea Party" video is available at AIM's website and on YouTube.
http://www.aim.org/on-target-blog/th...t-no-tea-party
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Msc34EwzyAA
Accuracy in Media is a citizens' media watchdog organization whose mission is to promote fairness, balance, and accuracy in news reporting. Founded in 1969, AIM is the oldest non-profit press watchdog group in America. For more information, please visit www.aim.org.
Old 04-10-2010, 04:11 AM

I am beginning to wish both the Left and the Right could be banned from bashing each other. I quit watching Fox because of their mean streak. I learned about MSNBC from Fox and I have watched them lately.
My opinion is both need to focus on real issues and not the various personalities. The only one at Fox that I can watch is Shepard Smith because, as juvenile as he is some of the time, HE IS NEVER RUDE OR SLANDERING TO ANYONE. He does seem like a happy and normal person.

Why can't those over 40 at least act like adults?