Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > Associates in Action

Associates in Action SOS associates may propose events, activities and projects in the pursuit of our agenda.

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 06-03-2010, 05:28 PM
SOS Associate

Default Where Are You Calling From?

As part of our effort to improve the opportunities for American citizens, I would like to encourage everyone to consider this when answering your phone and speaking with any sales person, marketing agent, or survey taker for that matter,

Your first priority is to protect yourself of course, and most of you already know not give out too much of your information to strangers. Once you have that situation in hand, please take one step for your fellow American and ask where the person you are speaking with is calling from. If you have caller ID, look at the area code, and if you don't recognize it, politely ask them where they are calling you from. If you engage them briefly and casually like you would a neighbor you arent't really that familiar with, they will usually respond. My caller today was selling subscriptions to our local newspaper, and I got out of her that she was from the Virgin Islands area. after rebuffing her request for a subscription, I then crafted a short email to the local paper that if they wanted americans to purchase their products, they should be using forms that pay Americans to do their work so we will have money to spend.
When you are unemployed, and you get phone calls from employed giggly foreigners hawking American goods from afar, it just doesn't go over to well.
Old 06-04-2010, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayatollahgondola View Post
As part of our effort to improve the opportunities for American citizens, I would like to encourage everyone to consider this when answering your phone and speaking with any sales person, marketing agent, or survey taker for that matter,

Your first priority is to protect yourself of course, and most of you already know not give out too much of your information to strangers. Once you have that situation in hand, please take one step for your fellow American and ask where the person you are speaking with is calling from. If you have caller ID, look at the area code, and if you don't recognize it, politely ask them where they are calling you from. If you engage them briefly and casually like you would a neighbor you arent't really that familiar with, they will usually respond. My caller today was selling subscriptions to our local newspaper, and I got out of her that she was from the Virgin Islands area. after rebuffing her request for a subscription, I then crafted a short email to the local paper that if they wanted americans to purchase their products, they should be using forms that pay Americans to do their work so we will have money to spend.
When you are unemployed, and you get phone calls from employed giggly foreigners hawking American goods from afar, it just doesn't go over to well.
Excellent idea. And one of the reasons I'll never by an HP product again.

--
Keith

Thomas Jefferson

http://www.hireamerican.org
Old 06-04-2010, 08:31 PM

Since I pay for my phone for my own use and not some far away someone I do not know, I look at my caller ID and do not answer anyone I do not know. Write me a letter if you do not know me.
Old 06-04-2010, 08:33 PM
SOS Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rim05 View Post
Since I pay for my phone for my own use and not some far away someone I do not know, I look at my caller ID and do not answer anyone I do not know. Write me a letter if you do not know me.
That's why I'm not getting through
Old 06-05-2010, 01:09 PM

Quote:
That's why I'm not getting through
That does not fly, I know your area code and my caller ID anounces who is calling also.
Old 06-06-2010, 07:35 PM
Archer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moderate Mammal View Post
Excellent idea. And one of the reasons I'll never by an HP product again.

--
Keith
Your sites a great idea! http://www.hireamerican.org