Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > The Media

The Media Topics and information relating to the Media (publications, television, press, first amendment issues, etc) of interest to SOS Associates and Users

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 11-28-2009, 04:38 AM

Default Talk Radio Personalities: Which are on our side?

Having followed the illegal immigration issue since the early 1990's, I have also followed "conservative" talk radio and its impact on this issue, as well.

Looking back, I think it's instructive that so few so called "conservative" talk radio people were on board with the fight for America and the need to confront the invasion of foreign nationals. Most were outright hostile to the idea that America has a right to exist and freely used the words "fascist" and "racist" to insult American patriots. All "conservatives" are against "big government" and "high taxes" and oppression in other parts of the world, but perfectly OK with oppression of Americans in America by illegal aliens and their leaders. In talk radio, the big names were against us, and only smaller local talk radio people were on our side.

The early talk radio heros were George Putnam and Ray Briem. Local to Southern California, they kind of spearheaded the issue for many of us. Regrettably, Putnam passed away and Briem has retired.

Terry Anderson is probably the greatest voice on talk radio on this issue, but he came on board later in the day and is not a professional broadcaster. This is unfortunate. He should be a professional broadcaster. He has a natural talent for it. I've heard him sub in for Roger Hedgecock and Anderson was fully up to the task. His 1 hour per week show on Sunday night is a great source of inspiration, but not much broadcasting time in the scheme of things. In my personal view, Anderson is the best speaker on this issue, bar none.

John and Ken finally got on board in the early 2000's and they regularly talk about this issue. I've heard some resentment against them, but better late than never. Intersting. In their early broadcasting days in LA they routinely referred to anti-immigration zealots as "wackos" and "nuts." Now they're squarely on our side.

Doug MacIntyre was great on this issue and on the issue of local corruption, but has been taken off the air and replaced by lighter fare.

Kevin James, on 870 is very good, but his impact is hard to assess.

Roger Hedgecock,
in San Diego, is good on the issue.

So much for the good, now let's consider the bad and the ugly.

Dennis Prager and Michael Medved are pro Mexican and believe in "diversity" and "outreach." Prager has actually applauded the moral superiority of Mexican day laborers, noting that white women will pick them up at the day labor site to take them home for remodeling or whatever and not worry about being robbed, raped or killed. Evil white men, of course, cannot be trusted this way, according to Prager. Prager has been neutral on the Tea Parties, but Medved has actually been hostile. Medved thinks its beneath the dignity of "true conservatives" to resort to street activism. Medved is a great admirer of "conservative" Mexican "family values."

Hugh Hewitt is pro-invasion and hates Americans. He contemptuously refers to anti-immigration people as "pot and pan bangers" and makes no effort to conceal his hatred for people who think Americans have as much right to be in America as Mexicans. Hewitt is luke warm on the Tea Parties. Hewitt, however, is big on promoting the cause of orphans in the Dominican Republic, and taking up collections for refugees in Ruwanda and earthquake ravaged China. He often talks our "Christian" duty to help "immigrants" orphans, etc., but no reference to any such duty to help needy Americans or to respect their rights at all. Hewitt is a disgusting 5th columnist, in my view.

Larry Elder, now retired, was a very talented black talk radio host, a "libertarian" who supported the Mexican invasion. [ I used to email him: "Hey Larry! When the English speaking white people who make up your audience have been driven out of Southern California and your radio station goes Spainish language, where will you broadcast then?" Of course he never answered me and the one time I got on the air I tried to ask that question and I was cut off.]

Al Rantel, now retired dying from AIDS, was a big promoter of the Mexican invasion and called anti-immigration activists "racists" when he first came here in the 1990's. Later he changed his tune and came to believe that Americans have as much right to their own country as Gays have to get married.

National Hosts:

Rush LImbaugh: The big one, has always been luke warm on the issue of illegal immigration. Very supportive of the Tea Party Movement once it was obvious it was a success. As of late, Rush has done commendable work in opposing President Obongo's Bolshevik Revolution, but in my view he is a big phony on important issues.

Sean Hannity: Luke warm on the issue of illegal immigration. Speaks out on the issue now after years of silence. Belated supporter of the Tea Party Movement. In my view, a big phony.

Michael Savage: Always condemned the Mexican Invasion. I don't know his position on Tea Parties. Haven't listened to him for long time.

Mark Levin, Bill Bennett, Laura Ingraham:
Luke warm on illegal immigration. Kind of like they were dragged there by their audience. Bill Bennett once called Pat Buchanan a "fascist" because of Buchanan's Americanism. Like all " true conservatives" Bennett believes Israel has a "right to exist" and a right to control its borders, but that America does not.

Talk radio is a huge political force in the US, which is one of the reasons Liberals want to shut it down. However, talk radio is full of Judas Goats. who are complicit in our destruction.

I would be interested in hearing the view of others on this issue.
Old 11-28-2009, 06:11 AM
"SZinWestLA"

1. McIntyre is not off the air. He's currently heard on a New York radio station Mon thru Fri.

2. Elder is not retired. In fact, if you check his website, he's planning on returning to either public airwaves or with a podcast soon.

3. Where did you hear Rantel is dying from AIDS? My understanding of his poor medical situation is that it is entirely unrelated to sexually transmitted diseases.
Old 11-28-2009, 08:31 AM

Savage and Ingrahm are behind us and anything to protect our Country. They are a voice to be heard.
Old 11-28-2009, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerailAmnesty.com View Post
1. McIntyre is not off the air. He's currently heard on a New York radio station Mon thru Fri.

2. Elder is not retired. In fact, if you check his website, he's planning on returning to either public airwaves or with a podcast soon.

3. Where did you hear Rantel is dying from AIDS? My understanding of his poor medical situation is that it is entirely unrelated to sexually transmitted diseases.
1. Sorry. I live in So Cal and was not aware McIntyre was broadcasting in NY. A nice exile for someone who was rocking the boat in LA.

2. I heard he had AIDS. If he is dying from something else, so be it.

3. My understanding is that Elder retired. If he's going to make a comeback I'm sure he will be very successful. Last week I heard him sitting in for Dennis Prager.

If those are the only disagreements with my personal assessments of talk radio history I can handle that.
Old 11-28-2009, 11:54 AM

June 22, 2009 3:00 AM

Talk show host Al Rantel to leave KABC

By GARY LYCAN

Special To The RegisterStory Highlights

The radio personality has been plagued by health issues since 2007.

Article Videos KABC/790 AM talk show host Al Rantel will do his final broadcast June 25, the station has confirmed.

Rantel has suffered several health issues since 2007 when he was diagnosed with lymphoma. After four months of chemotherapy, Rantel reported he was cancer free and returned to the air in spring of 2008.

KABC talk show host Al Rantel, who has been bothered by hip and shoulder pain after falling last year, will leave the station and move to Vancouver to receive therapy and rehabilitation.

In the summer of 2008, Rantel reported he slipped on an oil puddle in his apartment complex parking lot. Following hip and shoulder surgery, he returned to the air but when the pain got worse last January, he saw his surgeon and learned the hip repair did not work and he needed a total hip replacement.

As the pain worsened, he had to leave the air and since then has been replaced by several hosts, including Marc Germain and Peter Tilden, but most often John Phillips, who will temporarily take over Rantel's 6 to 11 p.m. program after Rantel's farewell broadcast Thursday.

Rantel told LARadio.com's Don Barrett he is moving to Vancouver to receive therapy and rehabilitation. In the Barrett interview, he said, "When I'm in a seated position for a long time I start getting a burning in the muscles and in the rotary cup. I told the doctors that even with the Vicodin and Celebrex and all this crap they have me on, I'm still in pain. I don't want to take more pain medication. I was in so much pain I had to go on anti-depressants because it was so debilitating, which I've never had to take because I'm such a sunshiny guy, if I do say so myself. So in fairness to my fans and the brand that I've built over the years, I've decided to step away for now."
Old 11-28-2009, 04:54 PM
As seen on TV!

I'm an avid listener of Roger Hitchcock, I believe that's His name.

He not only deals with illegal immigration, but a wide variety of topics pertainant to the survival of the US, plus He's an Iraq War Veteran.

I like the Guy.

CB.