Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > Save Our State Official Section > SOS Management and Operation Discussion

SOS Management and Operation Discussion Questions and answers about the management and operation of Save Our State.

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 01-06-2011, 05:31 PM

California Crusader has been real busy, then there is the 912 group our here and a few more. But, the new faces you see is awesome. Even my church has finally got into it. I was the only rebel there.
Old 01-06-2011, 05:33 PM
"SZinWestLA"

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin View Post
It is not irrelevant whether the event committee is open or closed. We have stated from the outset that we invite and welcome participation, and we prove our intent by keeping the door, and opportunity, open to those who wish to be active. If the committee was closed, that would be a relevant factor in why there wasn't any events. However, there have been events. July, August, september, and October, Save Our State held events. It is not unconscionable that we didn't hold events in November and December. The election, the holidays, and the weather are solid factors that planners don't want to compete with. Now here it is January, and we'll be having three more events this month.
We'd like to see more, however, as stated here already, we are a non-profit organization with limited resources at present; we do what we can, when we can, and where we can.

Those are just not very accurate or relevant observations.

- The issue is not, and has not been, events. It is events in So. Calif., where most of our membership resides.
- Being a non-profit doesn't interfere with any of our attempts to stand on sidewalks, wave signs or give speeches. We have just as little funding as we always have.
- The election, the holidays, and the weather explain non-activity since October, not inaction since last spring.
- Open or closed membership in the organizing committee does not prevent the people currently in the organizing committee from organizing. Keeping your door open or extending opportunity is fine and dandy ... and doesn't hinder any person currently in the committee from orchestrating public appearances.

Look, you've answered my original inquiry, so I won't belabor the points any further. If nothing else, this thread has been illuminating as to why we've been in a coma down here; and I mean that without an ounce of sarcasm or hostility. You answered the questions I've had - Thanks.
Old 01-07-2011, 08:12 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerailAmnesty.com View Post
Look, you've answered my original inquiry, so I won't belabor the points any further. If nothing else, this thread has been illuminating as to why we've been in a coma down here; and I mean that without an ounce of sarcasm or hostility. You answered the questions I've had - Thanks.
No problem. Glad we were able to help.

We do have events in play right now, albeit up in Sacramento. It makes sense to conduct them up here at this time because we have access to the statehouse, and several centers of the institutions that affect our agenda. I'm certain we'll have some in the Southern end of the state soon too.
Old 01-07-2011, 08:32 AM

I posted an incorrect name for the Fresno State student a few days ago. It is Pedro Rameriz and not Pedro Hernandez. Probably everyone caught the error but just in case someone did not.

Below is the fellow student who is investigating Rameriz. I would say he is doing a good job and his contact info is here. If I post any more I will start a new thread concerning the matter. If you can help Neil I am sure he would appreciate it.

Neil O'Brien, Citizen's Advocate

P. O. Box 2187

Clovis, Ca 93613

Direct: (760) 898-9898

E-mail: neil@ntrdinc.com

cfontana@fresnobee.com

Critic of Fresno State student leader takes action

Read more:

http://www.fresnobee.com/2011/01/03/...#ixzz1A5KMON2o

A Fresno State student critical of the university's student president submitted public information requests Monday to campus officials.

Neil O'Brien, a recreation major, said he is continuing an investigation of Associated Students Inc. President Pedro Ramirez, who acknowledged last fall that he is an illegal immigrant.
Old 01-08-2011, 06:56 AM

Quote:
We are entering a very important phase on our cause right now. House leadership is changing so everyone thinks 'Great, now we will get something done'. I am not so sure, remember, the new people are still POLITICIANS.
There was something in the LA Times the other day about how the newcomers might be shaped by Washington rather than the newcomers shaping Washington, when idealism is confronted by various political realities.

There has to room for compromise, or nothing at all will get done. The California legislature is a perfect example of that sort of problem, where legislation of "SHOW OFF YOUR GAY PEEK-A-POO DOG DAY" is vastly more important than an unsustainable budget crisis.

On the other hand, I believe the various electorates actually have had enough that if election promises to the population which elected them - on any side of any issue - are not kept, the mob will be out with sharp knives next election cycle.

Quote:
Events in Los Angeles will attract media attention because it is in Los Angeles as opposed to the IE. What is needed is something that will put border security back on the media's radar. We need something radical and new. We can no longer have the same old protests and counter-protests were each side screams at each other. The media has seen this, and it won't excite them.
There has to be found a way to get around the media. The media in general is very sympathetic to the illegal alien cause, I believe the incessant drum beat in favor of the illegal population is toned down only because of the current audience climate - it's hard to generate circulation and viewing loyalty (ultimately sales and profit) by publishing "downtrodden immigrant" stories with unemployment of the average citizenry in such numbers.

But face it - the only stories the media are going to present concerning anti illegal immigration functions will be slanted and accusatory.

Quote:
If all the things being tried by LaRaza the days does not inspire all of us to do something, I don't know what it will take. You are seeing all those who were counting on the Dream Act passing digging up the illegals who want a college education so they can then run for public office.
They have to dig up a certain percentage of those who have gone on to higher education to to present the propaganda. What isn't being done by the media is revealing the outrageous drop out rate of "Latinos", and the fact that there is no distinction being made between "Latinos" who are citizens and those who are illegal.

No amount of money is going to improve education results for the majority mentioned until reality is faced and admission as to why those problems exist.

Quote:
SB1070 was in deed a the type of catalyst that was needed in order to re-energize this movement.
There may be a indeterminate lull in time concerning bodies present for anti illegal immigrantion functions, but the fact that so many states are legislating SB 1070 copy cat laws after the fact of and in the face of the Department of Justice Lawsuit against Arizona says something about the concerns of the general American population.

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.

Last edited by ilbegone; 01-08-2011 at 07:45 AM.
Old 01-26-2011, 03:58 PM

Smile Thank you to Save Our State members

Yesterdays State of the Union speech, as pointed out by Roy Beck, did not have the following words...
"DREAM Act" or "legalization" or "comprehensive immigration reform."
This was made possible by all of the SOS hard work through the last years,now spreading across America.
At this point, I think more of our work should be on E-verify and enforcement.
Based on my own recent experience, people are ready to hear the real story on this issue and not be blinded by the labels.
Any SoCal rally is a good one as it lets the public know they are not alone in the way they see things now. Some of these people might have been unsympathetic in the past. The last few years have made it a little easier for the average LA resident to rethink illegal immigration.
This should be a great time to add members! With better weather now,I am looking forward to be out there with all you guys.
Old 01-26-2011, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by americafirst View Post
Yesterdays State of the Union speech, as pointed out by Roy Beck, did not have the following words...
"DREAM Act" or "legalization" or "comprehensive immigration reform."
This was made possible by all of the SOS hard work through the last years,now spreading across America.
At this point, I think more of our work should be on E-verify and enforcement.
Based on my own recent experience, people are ready to hear the real story on this issue and not be blinded by the labels.
Any SoCal rally is a good one as it lets the public know they are not alone in the way they see things now. Some of these people might have been unsympathetic in the past. The last few years have made it a little easier for the average LA resident to rethink illegal immigration.
This should be a great time to add members! With better weather now,I am looking forward to be out there with all you guys.
Thank you for the words of encouragement.
Old 01-28-2011, 01:20 PM

Thumbs up Controversial Muslim cleric caught being smuggled into U.S. over Mexico border

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...co-border.html

Here is a situation that we could protest in Santa Monica. Even muslims would agree with us. It would give us a chance to talk to different people, that I believe, are looking for a "reason" now to support border enforcement. They have not been able to get past the "racist" label because of all the programming going on.
We have a budget crisis, unemployment rate, and overall bad to worse economy to shake these people loose from their past ignorance.
Old 02-11-2011, 02:52 PM
Patriotic Pragmatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by americafirst View Post
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...co-border.html

Here is a situation that we could protest in Santa Monica. Even muslims would agree with us. It would give us a chance to talk to different people, that I believe, are looking for a "reason" now to support border enforcement. They have not been able to get past the "racist" label because of all the programming going on.
We have a budget crisis, unemployment rate, and overall bad to worse economy to shake these people loose from their past ignorance.

Let's do it, santa monica's not too far.
Old 02-11-2011, 03:44 PM

There is an Event Organizers Group that you can join to discuss such things. I encourage you to do that and it will be discussed.

Why Santa Monica though? Where did that come from? The article said nothing about that area, and it's not central to all our members, just curious.