Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > General Discussion

General Discussion Topics of a general nature not relative to any other specific section here

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 09-04-2011, 09:11 AM

This is worth the watch!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBf2x...eature=related
Old 09-04-2011, 12:40 PM
Continent Thief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanfromfillmore View Post
Not really funny, but I loved what he said. Somehow I don't think he'll be invited to the White House any time soon.

Ich Bin Ein Arizonan!

"I entirely reject the concept, however, of "anchor babies." If parents are found to be here illegally, then the whole family, children as well, should be sent back to the parents' country of origin."
Old 09-05-2011, 03:24 AM

Default MF Katt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanfromfillmore View Post
That's Katt. His shtick.

The most interesting part is the hysterical reaction to him by his audience. They just love that !

I wouldn't be too confident that Katt wouldn't be welcome in the White House. Michelle has a propensity for inviting some of her colored radicals.
Old 09-05-2011, 07:31 AM
Continent Thief

Quote:
Originally Posted by wetibbe View Post
That's Katt. His shtick.

The most interesting part is the hysterical reaction to him by his audience. They just love that !

I wouldn't be too confident that Katt wouldn't be welcome in the White House. Michelle has a propensity for inviting some of her colored radicals.
Colored radicals? WTF?

Ich Bin Ein Arizonan!

"I entirely reject the concept, however, of "anchor babies." If parents are found to be here illegally, then the whole family, children as well, should be sent back to the parents' country of origin."
Old 09-06-2011, 01:50 AM

Default Radicals

Outrage Flares As Michelle Obama Invites Common To White House To Read Poetry [UPDATED]

First Posted: 05/10/11 12:26 PM ET Updated: 05/11/11 10:03 AM

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/0..._n_859945.html
Old 09-06-2011, 05:25 AM
Continent Thief

Quote:
Originally Posted by wetibbe View Post
Outrage Flares As Michelle Obama Invites Common To White House To Read Poetry [UPDATED]

First Posted: 05/10/11 12:26 PM ET Updated: 05/11/11 10:03 AM

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/0..._n_859945.html
I knew all about this, I was just questioning your choice of words. I thought the term "colored" had been pretty much obsolete since the 1950's. And I hardly think Katt qualifies as a radical.

Ich Bin Ein Arizonan!

Last edited by LAPhil; 09-06-2011 at 05:42 AM.
Old 09-06-2011, 06:28 AM
SOS Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAPhil View Post
I knew all about this, I was just questioning your choice of words. I thought the term "colored" had been pretty much obsolete since the 1950's.
"illegals" and "anchor babies" could be obsolete soon too, if political correctness prevails. I never saw the term colored as derogatory, but "people of color" is the new buzzword, and maybe we should jump on that right now too, before it takes root.
Old 09-06-2011, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayatollahgondola View Post
... I never saw the term colored as derogatory, but "people of color" is the new buzzword, and maybe we should jump on that right now too, before it takes root.
This is another clue at the perversion of the struggle against racism and how far its gone. At one time "colored" was a demeaning term, but it always referred to people who were African American. "Negro" was another term that people tried to do away with and replace it with African American. Of course with a booming population of voluntary immigrants from Africa, "African America" doesn't have the same political meaning any more either.

But in order to graft illegals from South and Central America onto the civil rights movement, we got "people of color", a passive term, meaning nothing. Are Chinese Americans "people of color"?
Old 09-06-2011, 11:06 AM
Continent Thief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayatollahgondola View Post
"illegals" and "anchor babies" could be obsolete soon too, if political correctness prevails. I never saw the term colored as derogatory, but "people of color" is the new buzzword, and maybe we should jump on that right now too, before it takes root.
I thought someone might bring up this point. The term "colored" may be not be intrinsically derogatory, as no term is, it's the meaning we give it that determines whether or not it's acceptable. I'm just surprised that someone would be still be using that term today. And as for "illegals" and "anchor babies", these terms may become politically incorrect one of these days, as there are those even today who believe them to be and refuse to use them. And what about the term "wetback"? That was acceptable 50 years ago, but a lot of people don't dare use it today, and as you probably know this board used to automatically censor it if you spelled it out in its entirety. It looks like I got away with it here though.

Ich Bin Ein Arizonan!

Last edited by LAPhil; 09-06-2011 at 11:13 AM.
Old 09-07-2011, 04:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAPhil View Post
I thought someone might bring up this point. The term "colored" may be not be intrinsically derogatory, as no term is, it's the meaning we give it that determines whether or not it's acceptable. I'm just surprised that someone would be still be using that term today. And as for "illegals" and "anchor babies", these terms may become politically incorrect one of these days, as there are those even today who believe them to be and refuse to use them. And what about the term "wetback"? That was acceptable 50 years ago, but a lot of people don't dare use it today, and as you probably know this board used to automatically censor it if you spelled it out in its entirety. It looks like I got away with it here though.
Politically correct or not, one should at least strive for accuracy in a term and use it accurately, whatever term is used as a description - such as "Anchor Baby" or "Mexican".

However, I heard a new one the other day, "Muslim-American". What the hell does that mean? It doesn't make sense, try "Christian-American", Agnostic-American, Atheist-American, Catholic-American, Jewish-American, Zen Buddhist-American", Heathen-American, Pagan-American, Animist-American, Zoroastrian-American, Satanist-American, Hard Shell Baptist-American, Holy Roller American, Casting Out Serpents-American, and so on.

It's so vague as to be meaningless. It was the basis of an article in the Press Enterprise or SB Sun, I believe a week or so ago. Something about alleged persecution or similar.

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.