Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > Priority Topics Section > Immigration

Immigration Topics relating to the subject of US Immigration

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 10-04-2011, 12:23 PM

Default Obama Checkpoints on Highways

Hmmm...

The Obama Administration is setting up checkpoints sometimes hundreds of miles from the border supposedly to fight illegal immigration, but to provide a pretext for searching vehicles and harassing American citizens.

Check it out.

http://cofcc.org/2011/10/obamas-goon...-the-highways/
Old 10-05-2011, 03:28 AM

Default Disappointed !

I'm certainly disappointed in Alex Jones. And the Citizens article.

At long last the Feds are making a pro-active effort to interdict drugs and these people piss and moan about it.

Such checkpoints don't bother me at all.

I was flabbergasted, however, when the agent asked: Are you a US Citizen !!!!!!! We see the liberal left, ACLU and cabal constantly attacking and suing, and see Federal Judges ruling against - asking the immigration status.

The cartel are overrunning Texas and the border states. The Texas report states that the cartels have a plan to take over the border counties. Read it.

When Jones says decriminalize drugs I think - he must be a drug user.
Old 10-05-2011, 05:19 AM
SOS Associate

While I don't care to see checkpoints set up all over America, if it is for a singularly declared purpose, and it is to address a temporary problem, the invasion of privacy is limited to the scope of the original intent of the checkpoints, they are reasonable. Another example is agricultural inspection stations. While the stations are often permanent, they are not always manned. The invasion of your privacy is limited to the immediate pest they are trying to control. During periods of high agricultural product transportation, they might stop all cars, whereas during off season, you only have to slow down as you pass through.
Alex Jones is being quite dramatic, as is the usual attitude of these shock-jocks. Mark Williams is similar. There was no violation of his 4th amendment rights as described because he granted permission to the agent. If he felt strongly about his 4th amendment right, he would have said no. Lots of non-citizens are not illegal aliens. The non-citizen might be required to state their status when asked by a federal agent somewhere in the law, but not necessarily true when questioned by a non-federal officer or agent.
With all that said, it is hard to argue one point Jones has: The real border is not being patrolled where the real illegal entry happens, and where they might be catching the most foreigners without having to screen thousands or millions of legally present or US citizens too. Likewise for setting up checkpoints in invader rich areas of certain cities. It's a bit impure and becomes suspect when the feds use immigration law as an excuse to reduce the privacy expectations of all Americans without first exhausting all other remedies.
Old 10-05-2011, 07:26 AM

I don't mind how many miles deep into the US we have check points. The point being, checking for drugs. I don't even care if they are checking for Illegal Invaders. Catch every thing.
I used to drive, alone to Texas a lot in the late eighties and early nineties. I drove a 3/4 tun pick up. There was one check point entering Tx and I am not sure about leaving. One check entering CA. I never had a problem.

I am for anything to stop illegals and DRUGS entering our country.
Drugs are doing more harm to the US citizens than most people are willing to admit.

The Alex Jones in the video is one of the fools who are spreading fear as hard and fast as possible, think Glenn Beck and Rush Limbaugh.

The US is importing a LOT of problems with the policy of refugees and asylum seekers. Not all want to be here for what they say.
Did you see, last week about the family of 6 I believe,in Lanchester, who want asylum because they are deaf.Women who say they are abused by the husband, how long before he is in the home with her after she has been granted asylum?

I thought Alex Jones was the Black man that everyone is trying to tag with some wrong doing.

LET THERE BE MORE AND MORE CHECK POINTS. Just don't try and put a dog in my car.
Old 10-05-2011, 08:18 AM

When I look at the video, my first impression is that these check points have been around a while. It looks like they've been around long before the Obamination. I'd like to know how long they've been here and who put them in and why. If they have been around a long time, then what kind of role have they played in policing illegal immigration? If they have been around a long time, they can't be doing very much good.

While I am opposed to the Drug War, I am not opposed to the criminalization of drug trafficking and support check points to police drug trafficking.