Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > Associates in Action

Associates in Action SOS associates may propose events, activities and projects in the pursuit of our agenda.

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 03-17-2010, 10:33 AM

Article by Gordon Duff, Disabled Vietnam War Veteran and Senior Editor, Chairman of the Editorial Board of "Veterans Today News Network."

ACLU Rescues Vets from VA Abuse, Legion and VFW “Drop the Ball.”

http://www.veteranstoday.com/2010/03...drop-the-ball/
Old 03-17-2010, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rim05 View Post
Good job Glory. I know how hard so many of you have worked to save the VA land. I hope the news coverage will help the Veterans. Governmant only uses them while they are young and healthy and after retirement they are kicked aside. Veterans Affairs should be ashamed, so should Henry Waxman, the only thing he is good for is to keep a chair seat warm.
Thank you, Rim05. Yeah, by the way, where was Henry Waxman yesterday, after all that is his District. Lets never forget America is Free thanks to our Veterans. Home of the Free b/c of the Brave.
Old 03-18-2010, 10:14 AM

Fellow Veterans and Friends of Veterans.

Our battle with the Los Angeles VA over the abuse and misuse of Veterans land is on the front cover of the San Fernando Valley Sun weekly newspaper.

This is the second time in less than a month that the popular Valley newspaper has had Veterans land cause on the front cover ... and that is precisely behind the law suit ... our property is in extreme danger ... and the VA is trying to deny our Right to express it.

The SFVS is a great ally and they are Patriots, truly understanding where their right to "Freedom of the Press" actually comes from ... the men and women who pledge their lives to defend the Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic. Sure wish some of the major media would be as understanding, appreciative and responsible as they are.

Vets Sue West L.A. Veterans Administration
http://www.sanfernandosun.com/sanfer...=5009&Itemid=2

Robert Rosebrock

"The ACLU will do everything it can to move this case through the courts as quickly as possible, Eliasberg said, so Rosebrock and the other veterans can get their protests. "I think it's important for Mr. Rosebrock to get his message out so the public can evacuate why the VA is leasing this land for purposes that seem to have no relationship to the care and shelter of veterans. Is that appropriate?"

Last edited by Ole Glory; 03-18-2010 at 10:18 AM.
Old 03-18-2010, 09:36 PM

Front page coverage in the Santa Monica Mirror

Veteran Sues VA in Flag Dispute
http://www.smmirror.com/MainPages/Di....asp?eid=12189
Old 03-18-2010, 11:24 PM

I am pleased that the good fight has some muscle behind it now (ACLU) as that is what is needed, the VA has sent in its goons and they have been met with good men but not the number of good men needed for the mission.

I am not pleased they used my truck in the photos, kind of like having a bulls eye on me now, but since they used my photo in several of them also, who cares as its not like the Gov. doesn't know who I am, smile.
Old 03-19-2010, 03:22 AM

Thanks for being there Shadows. I was never able to join them because I was so into that Simi Valley church thing. Thanks a million to each and every one of you.
Old 03-19-2010, 06:50 PM

Fellow Veterans and Friends of Veterans:

Sunday is our 104th consecutive Sunday Rally ... two years in the making and we're not slowing down ... we're building momentum!

As most of you know, the ACLU has filed a lawsuit against the VA for violating our First Amendment Rights!

We need your support this Sunday, more than ever, because the VA is allowing 25,000 contestants of the LA Marathon to run through our sacred land where fellow Veterans are trying to heal from the travesty of war.

Please show up! Do not allow the VA to continue to abuse and misuse this hallowed property while nearly 20,000 of our fellow Veterans are homeless.

Think about this: Two weeks ago the VA locked out Veterans who wanted to attend the 122nd Anniversary of the legal Land Grant Deed, "to be permanently maintained for Disabled Volunteer Soldiers."

This event was hosted by Chapter 13 of the Disabled American Veterans of the San Fernando Valley, and they were locked out of their own pre-approved event.

This Sunday, the gates will be wide open for 25,000 able-bodied athletes to stampede through our sacred land. What kind of an effect will that have on fellow Veterans whose legs are amputated or he or she is paralyzed and unable to walk.

How dare the VA insult our Veterans any more than they already have! This is CRIMINAL!!

Bring your families this Sunday ... parking may be a little hectic because of the street closures for the Marathon, but go the extra mile and show the VA that we will not tolerate their flagrant breach of the Deed of 1888 and insult our disabled fellow Veterans.

Show up early tomorrow because the Marathon is scheduled to go through our sacred land at about 12:15 - 12:30 PM.

Bring your own signs that say:
SHAME ON THE VA!

NO TREPASSING ON VETERANS SACRED LAND

Bring your cameras ... videos and still.

Contact me at 310-490-6495 on my cell if you need directions.

Following are articles about the ACLU law suit.

Front page coverage in the San Fernando Valley Sun

Veteran Sues the VA”

http://www.sanfernandosun.com/sanfer...=5009&Itemid=2

Front page coverage in the Santa Monica Mirror

“Veteran Sues VA in Flag Dispute”

http://www.smmirror.com/MainPages/Di....asp?eid=12189

Third Page Los Angeles Times - by Bob Pool

"Veteran sues VA over removal of upside-down flag"

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la...,2014226.story
Old 03-19-2010, 10:17 PM

VA Makes a Mockery of Disabled Veterans

Photo from last year's LA Marathon ... this is what will be running through Veterans sacred land this Sunday while Disabled American Veterans were locked out two weeks ago with their pre-approved event.

The Department of Veterans Affairs will allow 25,000 able-bodied runners, most who are non-Veterans, to stampede through the West LA VA where America's Military Veterans are trying to heal from war, yet two weeks earlier the VA locked out Disabled American Veterans from their own event.

VA Locks out Veterans -- San Fernando Valley Sun
http://www.sanfernandosun.com/sanfer...=4974&Itemid=2

Why we hang the American Flag in Distress:
This shameful abuse of Veterans land and making a mockery of Disabled Veterans only underscores our Right to do so! This is a National Home for Disabled Volunteer Soldiers and there are nearly 20,000 homeless Veterans who are denied their Right to be on this property, but 25,000 runners are welcomed by the VA

Any questions? I didn't think so ... so show up Sunday about 12:00 - 12:15 PM and do your duty!

DISABLED VETERANS

VA: Number of Disabled Veterans Rising

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/...n4086442.shtml

Robert Jackson
source: Associated Press via Cryptome

Albert Ross

Allan Doyle, with uncle and daughter

Originally posted 08 Sept 2003 | site copyright 2002-4 Russ Kick

SEE WHAT THE PRICE OF FREEDOM COSTS:

http://www.thememoryhole.org/war/wounded/gallery.htm

Military Personnel Wounded in Iraq & Afghanistan:
A Photo Gallery

Warning: 2 of the photos are graphic!

updated 20 Dec 2004
Old 03-19-2010, 10:19 PM

Halt! Apologies!

Apparently someone has hijacked this"Military Personnel Wounded in Iraq" link and it opens to a Viagara commercial. However, if you will do a copy and paste of the following link, it will open properly.

Just another episode of people sinking so low in order to benefit at the expense of America's Military Veterans.

Originally posted 08 Sept 2003 | site copyright 2002-4 Russ Kick

SEE WHAT THE PRICE OF FREEDOM COSTS:

Military Personnel Wounded in Iraq & Afghanistan:
A Photo Gallery

Warning: 2 of the photos are graphic!

updated 20 Dec 2004
Old 03-20-2010, 11:44 AM

Thank you for the Ty on my being a part of the Vets who are standing up to the Va Ole Glory, but being a Retired U.S. Marine it was and is an honor to do so. I am quite active these days in those types of events (military) when I am not working on the border issues that we face now so that is why I am not seen as much 'in front of the camera's as oppossed to behind them. Be safe and God Bless America!