Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > State Government

State Government Issues of importance to SOS associates relating to their state government.

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 12-18-2009, 01:51 PM

Only a "liberal' would believe that we should be giving public education to the children of illegal immigrants. If we educate the children of illegal immigrants, that is just one more incentive for them to come here illegally.

Do you think the children of illegal immigrants should be US citizens by birth? If not, then why not and if you have a good reason, then why should the children of illegal immigrants ever be considered US citizens?

"If you are so willing to do this to illegals, then I would presume that you would have no issue with the government doing the same to you, correct?"

What the government does to illegals has nothing to do with what the US government can or can't do to US citizens. Why is it necessary to explain this?

Last edited by Twoller; 12-18-2009 at 01:53 PM.
Old 12-18-2009, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoller View Post
Only a "liberal' would believe that we should be giving public education to the children of illegal immigrants. If we educate the children of illegal immigrants, that is just one more incentive for them to come here illegally.
You can call me a liberal if you like, but I am only following legal precedent. The way the law is written now, they have the right to it. I want to change that so that this will no longer be the case in the future.

Quote:
Do you think the children of illegal immigrants should be US citizens by birth? If not, then why not and if you have a good reason, then why should the children of illegal immigrants ever be considered US citizens?
No, I do not think that children of illegal aliens should be given birthright citizenship. In fact, birth right citizenship should be ended. I believe that the citizenship of the mother should be bestowed upon any child born in the United States. I believe that the changing of the birthright citizenship to what I mention above would require a Constitutional amendment which might invalidate the 14th Amendment and cause problems with some African-American citizens.

The good reason I have that children born in the past and until the law changes are American citizens is US case law. You might want to read those decisions.

Quote:
"If you are so willing to do this to illegals, then I would presume that you would have no issue with the government doing the same to you, correct?"

What the government does to illegals has nothing to do with what the US government can or can't do to US citizens. Why is it necessary to explain this?
Actually, it does have a lot to do with American citizens. Sadly, it seems that there are people who have failed to learn anything from history, and therefore are doomed to repeat it.
Old 12-18-2009, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PochoPatriot View Post

Actually, it does have a lot to do with American citizens. Sadly, it seems that there are people who have failed to learn anything from history, and therefore are doomed to repeat it.
It doesn't and you know it. And, furthermore, I know a threat when I hear one. Not a personal threat in this case, but a political threat.

I know that part of the arsenal of those who threaten the sovereignty of peoples everywhere is the promise that their own laws will be twisted against them. The first obligation of our legal system is the protection of US citizens and the first obligation of our legal system in regards to illegal immigrants is removing them from the country. And their offspring. The role of the constitution in the affairs of illegal immigrants and anyone who is not a citizen extends only to the extent that it protects citizens first. We will not corrupt our laws by creating a second legal system for people who are not citizens.

The United States of America exists for its states and its citizens in those states. There is nobody or nothing else that those citizens have any cause to be concerned with. And there is nobody or nothing else that its government has cause to be concerned with. Everyone else who steps foot in this country is a guest and should presume absolutely and unequivocally nothing more. And those who have falsely assumed the guise of US citizenship are something considerably less than guests.
Old 12-21-2009, 06:39 PM

Ok, there are things we might not agree on.

How about taking the staircase one step at a time rather than trying to jump flat footed to the second story?

What might be accomplished in a year? Two years?

Gutierrez has introduced an outrageous amnesty bill. What can we do about that? If it's torpedoed, can we also sink the next two dozen that come along before before the make up of Congress changes?

How can the economic situation be exploited to get rid of the notion that American culture is something to be stamped out and that we'd be better off being Balkanized "citizens of the world"?

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.

Old 12-21-2009, 06:44 PM

Default The primary for the California governor's race is this June

Off Topic?