Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > Social Scene > General Socializing

General Socializing Social topics not otherwise categorized

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 12-16-2012, 09:18 AM
SOS Associate

Default Insanity Be Damned; My Kid Graduated From UCD Yesterday

In the opposite of tragedy on the east coast, one of my kids graduated with two 4 year degrees from University of California at Davis yesterday morning. a few hundred others did as well, and the survival rate appears good for kids overall, despite the repugnant and distasteful acts of some very sick people.
I wish all of those kids luck, although a whole lot of them were foreigners, they are facing a difficult road ahead if they remain in this country on its' present course. I wish I could say it was our superior parenting that was responsible in totality for the end result, however those kids in Sandy hook never were afforded the chance to prove their respective parents as superbly skilled. When all is said and done, you can provide all the support and training to shape the future of your kids, but they are still at the mercy of the rest of the world. My heart goes out to the parents and kids in Sandy Hook. I hope my kids degrees work towards making the survivors world a bit more tolerable if not providing them a bit of hope somehow.

My kids' degrees are in French language and Communications. She's coming back home for a while now, and taking a short deserved break from school or work to enjoy life without being under the pressures of performance.

1 down, 1 to go.