Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > General Discussion

General Discussion Topics of a general nature not relative to any other specific section here

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 09-08-2011, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilbegone View Post
Which among these people are Mexican Nationals, and what do they each have to say about immigration and the United States?

1) Armando Navarro

2) Lupe Moreno

3) Antonio Villaraigosa

4) Ray Herrera

5) Rodolfo Acuna

6) Susana Martinez

7) Ruben Navarette

8) Al Rodriguez

9) Cecilio Garcia
Let's put it this way. Many Latino's possess American birth certificates
yet are Mexican nationals through and through.
Lupe Moreno and Ray Hererra (only ones I know) are as American as Apple Pie!
Old 09-08-2011, 08:27 AM

They are all native born Americans except for Cecilio.

1) Armando Navarro

An old school Chicano racist, university professor. I view him as the brown version of David Duke.

2) Lupe Moreno

Anti illegal immigration activist

3) Antonio Villaraigosa

Old school Chicano racist, Mayor of Los Angeles. Fate might be punishing him for what he so wanted as a Mecha activist decades ago - Aztlan in the form of Los Angeles.

4) Ray Herrera

Anti illegal activist

5) Rodolfo Acuna

Old school Chicano racist, University professor, about equally outrageous and incomprehensible in his stated beliefs, I see him as a man who justifies his racial delusions.

6) Susana Martinez

Governor of New Mexico who wants to ban illegals from obtaining driver's licenses.

7) Ruben Navarette

Journalist with whom I sometimes agree and who sometimes pisses me off with printed bullshit.

8) Al Rodriguez

Anti illegal immigration activist, founder of You don't speak for me ("you" being people like Navarro, Acuna, and Villaraigosa)

9) Cecilio Garcia

I tossed Cecilio in just for fun, I don't know his last name. A Mexican national who schlepped across the border about 1975, he is a fascinating little dirt bag. An old fashioned Mexican who disowned his sons (one is a cop in Chicago, the other an Immigration agent of some sort in Southern California [apprehends or deports illegals]) he laments that his daughter (studying to become a doctor a few miles away) moved out of the house and is spending money on rent, and doesn't come around often enough (we speculate that after a lifetime of watching her mother's world consisting mainly of the kitchen, she determined to get the hell out of there).

The man has a lot of get rich quick, easy money schemes which usually involve some sort of scam. They all bomb, and he's tried to scam me a few times, even tried to scam me for money to run for President of Mexico (I laughed in his face for about several hundred reasons on that one).

We never discussed illegal immigration, but I know he hates the memory of Echavarria, the one who ordered what became the 1968 Tlatelolco massacre of students seeking a more democratic Mexico.

He's been in America so long he won't fit into Mexico anymore.

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.

Last edited by ilbegone; 09-08-2011 at 08:58 AM.