Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > Municipalities

Municipalities Issues and information relating to cities and counties within California that are of interest to SOS associates

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 02-20-2010, 06:57 AM

Default Anaheim's Response to Window Grafitti? Punish Business Owners!

According to La Antonia Times, the city of Anaheim would rather pass the buck (literally) to the business owners rather than take some sort of responsibility over the problem (and this is a city problem). Seems that Anaheim city officials love illegals and their spawn who take more than they give, than business which actually provides something good to the community...like jobs.
Old 02-20-2010, 07:03 AM
SOS Associate

I think we should reach out to this shop owner. I have some experience with code enforcement, and I think I can help her, help herself. This falls within our agenda I believe, and it won't cost us much in time or resources.
Old 02-20-2010, 07:17 AM
SOS Associate

First off, it would be great if any of us living in the area would call the shop owner and relay that she is not alone, and we believe she is not the problem, nor should she be singled out to pay the costs that thousands of unsupervised offspring of foreigners have caused.

Rosa Bobbio
(714) 635-2290
This is the business phone
Old 02-20-2010, 07:40 AM

This kind of thing could get complicated. The only real solution would be to properly police the people conducting this vandalism and hold them financially responsible. The local government can't be held financially responsible and if the they tolerate the presence of the graffiti, it might provide for businesses actually hosting it in payment for gang connections. This would be another reason that local government can't be obliged to pay for cleaning up. And also the city paying for cleaning up might also be leverage for a scam whereby property owners get free paint job from the city. Property owners might also invite taggers for gang services along with the free paint.