Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > Associates in Action

Associates in Action SOS associates may propose events, activities and projects in the pursuit of our agenda.

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 05-14-2010, 06:22 PM

Default Protest at Laker Game Monday

The Illegal Alien Supporters are going to Protest Phil Jackson at the Laker game Monday. I mention this because John and Ken talked about it and they are going to try to have a reporter there. So you live in LA and you can go by and support Arizona, you might get an interview on KFI.

http://orangejuiceblog.com/2010/05/p...ter-on-may-17/
Old 05-14-2010, 07:47 PM

Thanks for the info, but I say out of LA. I don't even want to use my gas in that town.
Old 05-14-2010, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borderwatch View Post
The Illegal Alien Supporters are going to Protest Phil Jackson at the Laker game Monday. I mention this because John and Ken talked about it and they are going to try to have a reporter there. So you live in LA and you can go by and support Arizona, you might get an interview on KFI.

This is laughable. The only thing I'm aware of that Phil Jackson said was he didn't think the NBA should be involved in the politics.

These protesters are making fools of themselves.
Old 05-15-2010, 03:31 AM

Quote:
This is laughable. The only thing I'm aware of that Phil Jackson said was he didn't think the NBA should be involved in the politics.

You are so right. I do hope Phil Jackson, the Laker team and fans stay out of the political stuff. There are many Hispanic fans at the games so you know they want to start some of the usual trash.
They have been making fools of them selves for years, that is all they know.
Old 05-15-2010, 07:25 AM

They will do more stupid stuff and wake up a million more Americans!
Old 05-16-2010, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MowMyOwn View Post

According to a report I heard, that is exactly what they are protesting.
Old 05-16-2010, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy63 View Post
According to a report I heard, that is exactly what they are protesting.
That's why it's laughable. . . Alvin Gentry (the Suns coach) stayed mum on the issue too, it's not their position. This is the playoffs, the coaches know the focus is to be on the trophy, not making political statements.
Old 05-16-2010, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MowMyOwn View Post
That's why it's laughable. . . Alvin Gentry (the Suns coach) stayed mum on the issue too, it's not their position. This is the playoffs, the coaches know the focus is to be on the trophy, not making political statements.
I believe what is being pointed to is the reconquestas are protesting because they want all sports to become involved in their reconquest. Sports today are not about the sport anymore, its become a vicarious way to feel power transferred from a sports team. That's why gangs identify with them. The sport itself is a commercial enterprise. Real love for the games are played where money isn't exchanged.
Old 05-16-2010, 08:43 PM
"SZinWestLA"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borderwatch View Post

That's hilarious. Phil Jackson. Somehow I don't get the impression he's a charter member of the John Birch Society or someone the GOP is exactly counting on for campaign contributions.

They're getting desperate. They're running out of complaints to make.
Old 05-16-2010, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanfromfillmore View Post
I believe what is being pointed to is the reconquestas are protesting because they want all sports to become involved in their reconquest. Sports today are not about the sport anymore, its become a vicarious way to feel power transferred from a sports team. That's why gangs identify with them. The sport itself is a commercial enterprise. Real love for the games are played where money isn't exchanged.
This has got to be one of the nuttiest posts I've ever seen.

Really. . . seriously. . . you're giving way too much credit to the fringe.

Last edited by MowMyOwn; 05-16-2010 at 10:41 PM.