Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > Save Our State Official Section > Save Our State Media

Save Our State Media Official Save Our State Videos, Audio's, and publications

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 09-19-2010, 11:48 PM
SOS Associate

Default DeadBeat-Dad Nation

DeadBeat-Dad Nation

While I was sitting alongside Save Our State's mobile billboard during an event protesting the Mexican government's celebration of their alleged independence last week (I say alleged because they are still dependent upon the US), I observed a crowd of several thousand people, mainly Mexican expatriates, joyfully professing their admiration and love for a country that has done almost nothing for them while they were within its' territorial boundaries, and had pretty much shown them the door as soon as they were able to walk. But inarguably, there they were, several thousand strong, waving newly purchased Mexican flags, sporting the Mexican colors on headbands, and wearing temporary tattoos of various Mexican themes. They saluted the flag as ceremoniously as a career soldier, and cheered to the emcee's call for “Viva Mexico!” time after time. I must admit that I was as baffled as are most Americans, as to why throngs of people would promote or worship an entity that had failed to support, educate, employ, or provide for them in any fashion, and whose only charitable act was to abandon them with little else but a comic book map north and a few words of advice on how to break in to the neighbors property and either beg, cheat, or steal from them to survive.
Towards the end of the evening, after fielding many insults and several threats to my person over our protest billboard message, I realized why these Mexicans feel the way they do in spite of all of their beloved Mexico's failings: Mexico is their deadbeat dad. Deadbeat dads of course, are those whose perceived responsibilities end at biological creation, although in this case we can substitute the word "national" for "biological". The raising, caring, feeding, clothing, teaching and other rearing chores are sloughed off onto the laps and shoulders of others while the truant parent shuffles off and fulfills some other self-serving destiny. Everyone in the vicinity of a deadbeat dad situation sees the errant/missing parent for what they are: without honor, character, concern or responsibility, save for that which is required for their own personal well being.
When I say everyone sees that, I should say everyone with the exception of the offspring. The kids still see them as "Dad", and in their eyes, Dad is everything that everyone else's dad is: A great pillar of strength with a shiny car, nice clothes, and pocket money to hand out when he stops by once a year. Enter the Mexican government. Mexico is the epitome of a deadbeat dad where it pertains to its' citizens. Mexico is flush with resources, and seems to command a modicum of respect among its' other Latin American neighbors; fields an army; houses the richest man in the world; and has 3% of the worlds oil reserves. Despite all of these notable assets and accomplishments, Mexico has abandoned 20 million or more of its own familial offspring by doing the equivalent of dropping them off on the doorstep of its closest neighbor, that being us unfortunately, and only comes to visit once a year to remind them that they are still Mexicans regardless of who has been raising them. One slight variance in this scenario is that during the visit, their Mexican "Dad" takes credit for all the things they now have, and wants to return to the role previously shunned now that all the hard work has been performed, and all of the expenses have been covered by others. That leaves us, John Q Taxpayer American citizen, in the difficult position of having to somehow point out the dishonesty and hypocrisy of their Mexican "Deadbeat Dad" to the worshipping national children without seeming petty, vindictive, or jealous.
Now for those of you who haven't seen this situation up close, the burden-shouldering mom is usually fuming after having foot the bill for a lifetime in economic and personal terms, bore the difficult tasks of being the bad guy and saying "no" when it's for their own good, washed them, clothed them, fed them, and cared for them while they were sick, only to see the children's eyes light up during Dad's supposedly triumphant return to the fold as if he was responsible for everything that they are now. Unfortunately, the kids don't take it well when told the truth about "Dad", whether it's by someone close, or a stranger. Accordingly, that's pretty much what most of us in the immigration law enforcement movement have been up against for the past decade or so, although the last five have seen Mexico's greatest attempt to re-insert itself back into the lives of its' previously abandoned offspring. In an even more cruel twist, our own government is forcing some rather perverse visitation rights upon us that sees the deadbeat touting unearned virtues from inside the sacred statehouse to bolster its' image falsely.
I'm at a loss as to how to best convey to the wards of illegal immigration, the unkind and inconvenient facts that have been disturbing us for years, and my recent attempt was no exception. My attempts were rejected in typical rebellious child fashion, with a tinge of nearly assaultive behavior thrown in for having the audacity to insinuate that the father of their nationality is, or was a corrupt, responsibility shirking deadbeat.
There are a couple of differences in my Deadbeat Dad analogy however, that offer some justification for the course of action that many of us prefer, or at least lean towards as a solution to our dilemna. Although we have been the providers, we are not the true relatives of these wannabe Mexican devotees, and as such, we owe them nothing. If they still cling to the virtues of their Mexican Deadbeat dad after being shown the facts, then cut the cord and send them back. Kick Dad to the curb too, because there's no reason he should remain in the vicinity with so much catching up to do with his newly reclaimed family. I say we give them all a parting gift of a Mexican flag inscribed with the words, "Made in the USA" as a keepsake, and send them on their way to "Dads" villa. In our empty nest years we can slim down on our expenses, and maybe even use a small portion of the savings to show up in Mexico City every 4th of July with a few pesos and some cheap Chinese gifts to pass out to the grandkids. Payback's a bitch....

Davi Rodrigues
Save Our State

Last edited by Ayatollahgondola; 09-20-2010 at 12:03 AM.
Old 09-20-2010, 08:21 AM

I almost skipped this little article. Why? No paragraph spacing. It's pretty good. Here is a repost for the more casual reader:

DeadBeat-Dad Nation

While I was sitting alongside Save Our State's mobile billboard during an event protesting the Mexican government's celebration of their alleged independence last week (I say alleged because they are still dependent upon the US), I observed a crowd of several thousand people, mainly Mexican expatriates, joyfully professing their admiration and love for a country that has done almost nothing for them while they were within its' territorial boundaries, and had pretty much shown them the door as soon as they were able to walk. But inarguably, there they were, several thousand strong, waving newly purchased Mexican flags, sporting the Mexican colors on headbands, and wearing temporary tattoos of various Mexican themes. They saluted the flag as ceremoniously as a career soldier, and cheered to the emcee's call for “Viva Mexico!” time after time. I must admit that I was as baffled as are most Americans, as to why throngs of people would promote or worship an entity that had failed to support, educate, employ, or provide for them in any fashion, and whose only charitable act was to abandon them with little else but a comic book map north and a few words of advice on how to break in to the neighbors property and either beg, cheat, or steal from them to survive.

Towards the end of the evening, after fielding many insults and several threats to my person over our protest billboard message, I realized why these Mexicans feel the way they do in spite of all of their beloved Mexico's failings: Mexico is their deadbeat dad. Deadbeat dads of course, are those whose perceived responsibilities end at biological creation, although in this case we can substitute the word "national" for "biological". The raising, caring, feeding, clothing, teaching and other rearing chores are sloughed off onto the laps and shoulders of others while the truant parent shuffles off and fulfills some other self-serving destiny. Everyone in the vicinity of a deadbeat dad situation sees the errant/missing parent for what they are: without honor, character, concern or responsibility, save for that which is required for their own personal well being.

When I say everyone sees that, I should say everyone with the exception of the offspring. The kids still see them as "Dad", and in their eyes, Dad is everything that everyone else's dad is: A great pillar of strength with a shiny car, nice clothes, and pocket money to hand out when he stops by once a year. Enter the Mexican government. Mexico is the epitome of a deadbeat dad where it pertains to its' citizens. Mexico is flush with resources, and seems to command a modicum of respect among its' other Latin American neighbors; fields an army; houses the richest man in the world; and has 3% of the worlds oil reserves. Despite all of these notable assets and accomplishments, Mexico has abandoned 20 million or more of its own familial offspring by doing the equivalent of dropping them off on the doorstep of its closest neighbor, that being us unfortunately, and only comes to visit once a year to remind them that they are still Mexicans regardless of who has been raising them. One slight variance in this scenario is that during the visit, their Mexican "Dad" takes credit for all the things they now have, and wants to return to the role previously shunned now that all the hard work has been performed, and all of the expenses have been covered by others. That leaves us, John Q Taxpayer American citizen, in the difficult position of having to somehow point out the dishonesty and hypocrisy of their Mexican "Deadbeat Dad" to the worshipping national children without seeming petty, vindictive, or jealous.

Now for those of you who haven't seen this situation up close, the burden-shouldering mom is usually fuming after having foot the bill for a lifetime in economic and personal terms, bore the difficult tasks of being the bad guy and saying "no" when it's for their own good, washed them, clothed them, fed them, and cared for them while they were sick, only to see the children's eyes light up during Dad's supposedly triumphant return to the fold as if he was responsible for everything that they are now. Unfortunately, the kids don't take it well when told the truth about "Dad", whether it's by someone close, or a stranger. Accordingly, that's pretty much what most of us in the immigration law enforcement movement have been up against for the past decade or so, although the last five have seen Mexico's greatest attempt to re-insert itself back into the lives of its' previously abandoned offspring. In an even more cruel twist, our own government is forcing some rather perverse visitation rights upon us that sees the deadbeat touting unearned virtues from inside the sacred statehouse to bolster its' image falsely.

I'm at a loss as to how to best convey to the wards of illegal immigration, the unkind and inconvenient facts that have been disturbing us for years, and my recent attempt was no exception. My attempts were rejected in typical rebellious child fashion, with a tinge of nearly assaultive behavior thrown in for having the audacity to insinuate that the father of their nationality is, or was a corrupt, responsibility shirking deadbeat.

There are a couple of differences in my Deadbeat Dad analogy however, that offer some justification for the course of action that many of us prefer, or at least lean towards as a solution to our dilemna. Although we have been the providers, we are not the true relatives of these wannabe Mexican devotees, and as such, we owe them nothing. If they still cling to the virtues of their Mexican Deadbeat dad after being shown the facts, then cut the cord and send them back. Kick Dad to the curb too, because there's no reason he should remain in the vicinity with so much catching up to do with his newly reclaimed family. I say we give them all a parting gift of a Mexican flag inscribed with the words, "Made in the USA" as a keepsake, and send them on their way to "Dads" villa. In our empty nest years we can slim down on our expenses, and maybe even use a small portion of the savings to show up in Mexico City every 4th of July with a few pesos and some cheap Chinese gifts to pass out to the grandkids. Payback's a bitch....

Wow. A brilliant piece AG. Well done.
Old 09-20-2010, 09:05 AM

Well stated.

The revered fatherland houses the biggest dead beat dad of them all.

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.