Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > General Discussion

General Discussion Topics of a general nature not relative to any other specific section here

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 09-10-2014, 11:13 PM

Default Time to influence the 25th district Congressional race

Dear Friends,
The Congressional elections are coming soon and I thought we should take this opportunity to inject the issue of illegal immigration into the debate.

In the 25th District of California, where I live, this area includes Santa Clarita, Palmdale, Lancaster, Acton, and parts of Simi Valley and the Northern San Fernando Valley, we are blessed that the race is between two Republicans. The Race in this district is between Republican Candidates Steve Knight and Tony Strickland.

Strangely the issue of illegal immigration and amnesty is not surfacing in the debate.
Steve Knight has a statement about illegal immigration and legalization (AKA amnesty) on his web site, but much of it vague. Tony Strickland does not mention the subject at all. I think it is fair to say that both candidates are staying as far from this issue as possible.

I believe it is our duty to start asking questions and doing some due diligence to see where these two politicians stand, because if we don’t do this nobody is going to do it for us.

One of these politicians is going to Washington to represent us, so lets make sure we truly understand their position on amnesty and also make sure that they understand our position on illegal immigration and amnesty.

I understand that some are supporting Steve Knight and some are supporting Tony Strickland. I personally have not made up my mind who I will be supporting, but I guarantee you that the response that I get from my letter will play a major roll in my decision.
As far as I know neither candidate has a great record on this issue, I do know that
Over a year ago Candidate Steve night signed a petition along with 14 other Republican State Assemblymen and Senators petitioning amnesty for illegal aliens.
I have attached that petition for you to read and to send to Steve knight.
I would also like you to know that a group of us met with Steve Knight earlier this year to try and get him to remove his name from the amnesty petition, but so far he has refused.

I personally do not believe that Tony Strickland is much better on this issue, and that is why I think we need to mail a letter to both candidates and see if we can sharpen them up, have some influence, and perhaps improve their position.

The attached letter is what I think needs to be said, please use this letter if you support it. Please feel free to change it or improve upon it however you want to make it more representative of your own thoughts, but please join with us and send the letters and the attached amnesty petition to Steve Knight and a letter to Tony Strickland.

If you do not live in the 25th district, please join us in our letter campaign, as the Candidate that wins needs to see that our side is unified and organized and any toying or flirting with amnesty in Washington, will lead to a bed of thorns when they come back home. Most of all we need to do this to exercise some influence over our representative in Congress. Please also forward this to your friends that oppose illegal immigration.
Thank you for your help.

Sincerely,
Greg

Ps. Please send the attached letters US Postal Service.

Steve Knight
43759 15th Street West
PMB 55
Lancaster, CA 93534

Dear Steve Knight,

I am writing to you because I have become aware of the petition letter that you and fourteen other California Republican State Assemblymen and State Senators signed petitioning amnesty for millions of illegal aliens that are living in the United States.

It is important that you understand that there is nothing more disastrous to American workers than the income depressing effects that millions of illegal workers have on our labor markets, especially to our most vulnerable workers such as young adults and unemployed and underemployed Americans.

I am also keenly aware of the threat that amnesty for millions of illegal aliens will have on the Republican Party and to the two party system in our country. It is a widely know and accepted fact that the vast majority of amnestied illegal aliens will become Democrat voters once they are given legal status, and that is precisely why virtually all Democrat party politicians support amnesty.

While there are many topics that I can agree with you on and many reasons I could support your candidacy for Congress, I regret to inform you that it will be impossible for me to support you in the up coming election unless you withdraw your name from the disastrous amnesty petition that you signed.

If you would like to earn my support I highly recommend that you withdraw your name from the amnesty petition that you signed. The majority of Republican voters of the 25th district strongly oppose any form of legalization (amnesty) of illegal immigrants, and we expect our representative in Washington to reflect this common held position.

Sincerely,

Tony Strickland
22924 Lyons Ave.
Ste. 104
Newhall, CA 91321

Dear Tony Strickland,
Illegal immigration is one of the greatest problems affecting our country, and a problem that Californians face on a daily basis.
There is no greater issue facing our country and American workers than the negative effects caused by illegal immigration. Illegal immigration depresses the incomes of American workers and especially hurts young adults and unemployed and under employed Americans.

I am writing to you because, it seems that you have not made your position on illegal immigration and your position about the legalization of illegal aliens (amnesty) clear.
As a Republican from California it seems remarkable, even strange to me that you do not share one word about this problem on your web site. It almost seems like you are avoiding this subject.
It’s even stranger to me that during this current crisis in which tens of thousands of illegal aliens cross into the United States through the Texas / Mexico border, you remain silent. It also does not go unnoticed that the Mid East terrorist group ISIS has openly declared it’s intention to send terrorist into our country, and one can only wonder why ISIS would not cross our porous Southern border, just like millions of other illegal aliens do regularly?

President Obama currently threatens to issue more unconstitutional executive orders to offer amnesty to millions of illegal aliens and as far as I know the only comment you offer about this is more silence. I can only add that your silence is in fact a major red flag that only makes me suspicious that you may be quietly supportive of open borders and amnesty for illegal aliens.

I would also like to know what actions you would take if any, if President Obama issues an executive order granting amnesty to illegal aliens.
To clarify your position on immigration I would recommend that you take the Numbers USA Candidate survey, so we could better understand you position on this crucial issue.
https://www.numbersusa.com/content/f...ressSurvey.pdf

The issue of illegal immigration is a hot topic for Republican voters of the 25th District and if you would like to earn my support in the up coming election I highly recommend that you make your position clear on this subject. I will be keenly watching to see if it reflects the interests of American workers and my own.

Sincerely,

Last edited by Greg in LA; 09-10-2014 at 11:16 PM.
Old 09-11-2014, 09:42 AM

Greg you are the very BEST!!!!!
Old 09-11-2014, 07:09 PM

Thank you Jean!
I think the same thing about you!
Old 09-12-2014, 08:50 PM

Please join this letter campaign, and mail a letter to Steve Knight and Tony Strickland,
Lets show these Republican Politicians that they can't hide from this issue!